“Great Hotel in Augusta”

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I always enjoy staying at a HGI. The service is on the money and the rooms are always very clean. The staff at this hotel was very friendly. Mike at the bar was a great bartender very friendly and made sure he asked if we needed another round.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Thank Gary .
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We're glad to hear that your stay with us was everything you had hoped and we hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel when I am in the area and usually receive wonderful service. As a frequent visitor, I had begun to know the staff and they were very friendly and accommodating, however over the year it seems things have changed. Although I reserved a suite with the request for a high floor away from the elevator, this stay I received just the opposite. A ground level room, next to the elevator running most of the night, with a bed on the opposite side of an ice machine or some other mechanical device dumping objects frequently and a 'suite' that seems to be a converted storage room. Not impressed, especially as a DIAMOND member.

The only explanation I received for not getting any of my requests was that I was 5 minutes too late. Gee, thanks, after 4 years of regular, frequent business holding a reserved room for 5 minutes was too much to expect :(

Room Tip: Don't expect much from the front staff...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. However, we want you to know that we appreciate your business and loyalty and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were surprised at the breakfast table to learn that this meal was not included in the price of the room. We read, "Enjoy a hot breakfast..." on the Internet ad and incorrectly took that to mean that it would not cost additional funds. It was actually $10.00 per person for the buffet, or more expensive a la carte. It was our mistake or misunderstanding, but still quite a surprise as we have come to expect some type of complementary morning meal at the other places we stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We apologize that our ad was misleading and we assure you that management has been made aware of this issue so it can be corrected. Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know your concerns.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had to extend my stay for an additional day. I called a few days before I got into town but the hotel was fully booked with guests on a waiting list. I asked to be added to the waiting list and was freaking out that I wouldn't have a place to stay! A day or two after I called I received a call from the woman I spoke with earlier and she said a few guests had cancelled so they had extended my stay. PHEW! I also got an email confirmation confirming my change in reservation. Very thorough, helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We're glad to hear that our front desk was so helpful and that we were able to get you a room for your entire stay!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would recommend this hotelto any traveler. I was impressed and the front desk clerk (Micah) is very personable. Loved his personality. Rooms were clean and I was accomodated as I requested. Away from the elevator and away from traffic. I was able to get a great view, but enjoy the quietness of my room. There are two other hotels in the perimeter of this hotel but nonoetheless, this hotel was great. Had an indoor pooll and exercise room. Had a patio to relax on. Did not like the elevator though. Time to update the inspection on the elevator. It was making a dragging noise and smelled of some kind of oil. Just needs some fine tuning. Breakfast was great. About $11 per person. Hot or cold and plenty to choose from. Room was a nice size, but the bed looked small and low to the ground, in my opinion. Extremely close to shopping and eating (within 2 minutes). Right near interstate 20.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our property! We're pleased to hear that our staff and hotel were everything you had hoped for and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Augusta!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Augusta, Ga. to anyone. It is very impressive from the time you enter their doors and enter your room. The rooms were very clean in every aspect and smelled wonderful also. My daughter sees everything when it comes to hotel stays as her degree was in Hospitality Management. She was very pleased with your establishment. We all enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We're pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how accommodating our hotel and staff were during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2013

the hotel is so beautiful. the staff is very friendly and always willing to help, even when i needed a 2nd opinion on my outfit. there are sitting areas all around the hotel. quaint and cozy areas for one on one time or larger spaces for larger groups. there is a large lighted parking lot. we stayed here for my family reunion and i will definitely request we stay here again. i would also definitely recommend this hotel to my friends. oh.. let me not forget i didn't want to get out of that bed. super super comfortable. i wish i could bring the bed home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our hotel and staff! We look forward to seeing you again during your next reunion!