“Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights while in town for work. The location is convenient to a lot of restaurants. The hotel sits off the main road and shares an entry with the Sheraton. I did not eat breakfast here either day. I did use the gym (2 treadmills, 1 eliptical, 1 bike and free weights). No issues there. I was on the 5th floor and it was quiet except for the doors slamming-there is no catch on the door so if you don't gently close the door-it slams. My room was clean and quiet except for the doors-I was at the very end away from the elevators. There is a Starbucks across the street and lots of close by restaraunts.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We're glad that the fitness area was accommodating to your needs and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in a suite at this HGI. Smallest suite I have ever seen. The room was close to the elevator, and you would have sworn the mechanics were kept in the closet of the room. I had stayed at the Homewood Suites the previous week, which is less than a block away, and that stay made me totally regret my decision to try the HGI. The parking lot is ridiculous. Why would you share parking lots with competing hotel chains??

• Stayed: February 2013

We would like to sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay. We try to place guests further away from the elevators when requested but sometimes it is just impossible during our busy season. The parking lot is divided so that each hotel has it's own space, but having them open helps us to accommodate larger groups. We hope you'll stay with us again and give us another chance.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff is what sets this property apart from most HGI's. The front desk is very friendly and attentive, as well as the restaurant staff. Everyone working at the hotel greets you and is very friendly. The rooms and overall property are very clean with a few minor exceptions. The caulking in my bathroom needed to be redone and the memory foam in the bed is giving way. I was told by one employee that these beds cost the hotels around $4000 when they were first purchased. Wow. I'm finding that both of these issues are very common in HGI's which I stay in most of the time since everything else is worth the value. No highway noise to speak of and very quiet except for the occasional slamming door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your stay. We're pleased to hear that almost everything was how you liked it and we have shared your issues with management. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a dance club function. We were the only ones to stay there and are very glad we did. The room was very clean and roomy. The decor was current and pleasing. I prefer a bathroom with a sink and mirror outside the toilet/shower area, but other than that, the room was very comfortable. Check in and out were a breeze. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant staff was friendly and efficient. The cook came to our table to check on our meal (breakfast) which we felt was very thoughtful. We will definitely stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to ours as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to please our guests and we're glad we were able to do so during your stay. We hope to see you next time you're in Augusta and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay better!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night before I had to catch an early flight the following morning. It was fairly close to the airport, 15 minutes or so. The location adjacent to I-20 is not that scenic, but when you are trying to make an early flight, the convenience to the interstate is more important to me. There are several other hotels in the same area and on the main road, LOTS of restaurant options from fast food to nicer sit-down types.
The staff here is so friendly. Everyone spoke to me and asked how I was and how my stay was going. At one point, I was headed into the elevator with my hands sort of full and one of the maintenance men saw this and ran back to help me punch in my floor number, even though I told him I could get it. Little things like that gesture made a regular stay something special.
Since I had an early flight, I was in the breakfast area early. They got my cooked to order omelet done in no time and I had time to eat my meal leisurely instead of having to rush. Very attentive staff there, too.
I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We're pleased to hear that our hotel and staff were so accommodating! We strive to keep our guests happy and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We traveled to Augusta from Cleveland for a wedding. This hotel is your typical mid-price hotel, located on an access road right off a main highway, very close to the freeway. We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a queen size pullout sofa-bed. Every room has a microwave and refrigerator which is a nice convenience. The beds were very comfortable with wonderful down-type comforters. The sofa bed was ok for sleeping comfort but the blanket they provided for it was awful. It was polyester or nylon and resembled a very thin sheet of foam. It was very static-y and once we turned out the lights, every time we moved, you could see sparks from the static. Next time, I would request that the hotel provide us with another one of the comforters, like the ones on the beds. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. The color scheme of the living room part of the suite is rather garish. Orange print carpet, orange print on the arm chair and a third orange print on the sofa. All the large prints clashed horribly. They need a new decorator next time they update the hotel. The best part of our stay was the staff. Front desk (Patrick, in particular), cleaning staff, greeter in the lobby (Ella Mae, in particular) were all very friendly and willing to accommodate all of our requests. My family and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor of 5-story building. There are no scenic views from any side, just park...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice, newer property in a good location. Was late for an appointment when I arrived and had to be out early but that is what made this stay very good. No delays or issues at either time! Left a 6am and the morning staff was very helpful in letting me grab a quick coffee and fruit as they finished the final breakfast prep. Even offered to help carry to the car as I had much business materials in hand. I will stay here on my next Augusta trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J L
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

We're pleased that our staff was so kind and accommodating during your recent stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town.