“Hilton Garden Inn - Augusta, GA for 18 months” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Augusta

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hilton Garden Inn - Augusta, GA for 18 months”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Assigned to the Augusta area for an 18-month assignment meant arriving every Monday, staying 3-4 nights and returning home for the weekend. Having a friendly staff that makes your stay comfortable and satisfies your needs with quality meals and clean accommodations makes traveling hassle-free for business personnel and the occasional visitor. I have been to the highest-rated hotels in Tokyo, Seoul, Paris and many US cities and the staff at this hotel is by-far the best I have met. Always greeted with a smile whether at the front desk, the breakfast bar or by the maintenance-personnel really makes the stay relaxing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if you have children, they are in a safe environment with a nice pool for added fun. Great location to many activities, businesses and restaurants.

Room Tip: Away from elevators provides for quiet nights
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
We're incredibly pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay at our hotel! We strive to please our guests in every way and we want to assure you that if you ever need anything please to not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for being such a loyal guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Auburn, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this property for just one night while heading to Charleston. Even though we checked in fairly late the front desk was very professional and sent us up to our room with a smile. The room was pretty typical for an HGI property. The beds were comfortable and the a/c controls kept the temperature well regulated. My only complaint about the room was a slightly sour smell in the comforters, not an unclean smell but rather that they weren't dried thoroughly. There was a nice sized flat screen TV and there were plenty of electrical outlets for charging phones and laptops. The bathroom was nice sized with good quality toiletries. There was good sound insulation so we slept very well. The little restaurant area served a good breakfast and the wait staff were very nice. Our overall experience at this hotel was very pleasant aided by a competent and friendly staff!

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank auburn8
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to voice your opinion about our hotel. We strive to please our guests and we assure you that your thoughts on the smell of our bedding will be addressed with our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Extremely helpful and quick. Good clean property. Guest service representative adjusted rate at check in and was allowed a room upgrade.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VIKINGS3
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay went! We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel is located in a very busy section of Augusta, just off I-20 and Washington Road. Lots of restaurants in the area, with a mall close by. The river walk area is about 5 miles away.
Hotel is relatively new. Lobby and rooms nicely decorated. Sleep-Comfort dial bed wasn't very comfortable, though. Good work area in the room, well lit, lots of outlets.
Rooms have fridges, coffee makers, hair dryers. Fridge did not have much umph, but as I had only water and fruit, I did not complain about it.
Bathroom is an adequate size with good counter space. No other storage available. Water pressure is good, but on the 3rd floor, took 5 minutes to get hot water.
Lobby is spacious, with a restaurant and full bar. Food is adequate, but not stellar. However, there are several good wines by the glass at the bar, and pours are generous.
Fresh, hot cookies are available every evening.
There is a small gym, with a few treadmills and an elliptical machine. There are also some weights. The small room is located next to the indoor pool, however, and it was quite warm and humid, making exercising uncomfortable.
The big plus at this hotel is the staff. Everyone with whom I interacted was professional, courteous, and seemed genuinely committed to making my stay a pleasant one. This, in itself, is reason to stay here again.
There is no free breakfast but coffee and tea are available in the morning.
This hotel has meeting space availble.
My big negatives: I like outdoor exercise. There is nowhere around the hotel to walk or run without fearing for your life. The traffic is formidable. If you are staying here, you WILL need a car.
The windows do not open, not even a crack. Hotel ventilation is not always great, and I felt a little suffocated.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the road and NOT over the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was! We take great pride in fulfilling everyone's needs and we're pleased to hear that we were able to do that for you. We hope that next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us again.
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

they tried to put us in a room next to the elevator and ice machine, even though I made reservations 3 months ago. They moved me to another room. But, the A/C was so noisy the first night that I had trouble sleeping. I returned to my room at 3:30pm the second day. The room had not been cleaned up. I only had an hour before a night meeting. I'd hoped to get a nap and a shower before leaving. But, due to waiting for the maids to clean it up (took 20 minutes) and being aggravated, I missed the badly needed nap. I had requested that the A/C be repaired. It had not been touched. After my second request, they did repair it. They did give me a free breakfast (which should have been free anyway) for my trouble. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: There are a multitude of new hotels in the area which are better.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patch111
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was. We want to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced and we assure you that our staff has been spoken with and these issues will not happen again. We hope that you will try us out one more time if you're in Augusta again.
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

You get everything in one price. Great place to stay for bussines trips.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
We're incredibly pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as your price! We hope to see you again next time you are in Augusta :)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Not many yrs. ago, Hilton introduced the 'Garden Inns', Hilton's brand of the 'express hotel'. It carried the Hilton name out to smaller towns and along the interstates. It was designed to compete in the premium market, with Marriott Courtyard.
I've been a huge fan, but wondered how they would fare when they got old and run-down. Now I know. This particular HGI is in a very congested area, with every chain imaginable, and gets a lot of use/abuse. I got a suite and the carpet was filthy and worn. I could turn the water in a carpet cleaner to mud in 60 seconds. Please replace it, or at least call a steam cleaner.
The other big negative to watch for is hot water takes a VERY long time to draw. I thought it would never come - literally 5 min. The shower alternated from cold to scalding hot - be careful.
Staff at front was good - restaurant staff was incompetent. Breakfast is always good at HGI's, but generally costs around $10. This hotel began breaking down the buffet too soon, which is odd since you are paying for it. Other Hiltons generally give folks a chance to finish eating, and even then ask if there's anything else you want.
Probably the worst HGI I've stayed in, but HGI's are generally a great product. Funny, it was also the most expensive HGI on this trip, and I stayed in 4 HGI's on this trip.
I would probably opt for one the hotels next door next time - a Sheraton and a Courtyard.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank cruisedoc1
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
First we want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know your concerns with our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and want to assure you that each and every comment you left us will be used as constructive criticism. We apologize for the inconvienences that you were faced with and want you to know that we will be speaking to our staff about these. Thank you agian for staying with us and we hope that if you are in the are again you will give us another chance.