“Great hotel, nicest staff”

Staybridge Suites Augusta
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel, nicest staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I spend about 70% of my life traveling for business. Because of its staff, the Staybridge in Augusta is my favorite hotel that I have stayed in. They were extremely accommodating to our early shift starts. The hotel was nice, with a friendly, fun atmosphere. The beds were super comfy and having a kitchenette in the room is such a perk when traveling that much. The food they serve three nights a week was actually really good, which is unusual for a hotel. The staff was wonderful. Bennett was especially helpful and interested in making every guest feel at home. After a long day at work, it was, oddly, like coming back to a real home- something no other hotel I have stayed in has been able to accomplish.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate2828

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Once again a lovely suite of rooms.All very clean and very comfortable beds and pillows. The room with the King size bed was VERY noisy with the air conditioning system for the suite going through it which we could not turn off - hence we used the smaller room, no problem since we were only here for one night. Breakfast fine with the usual USA food. Cereal, eggs,toast,waffles etc. The provision of washing machines and dryers was a great touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times. Always find the staff warm, helpful and friendly. Always willing to help. Started staying in this hotel when it was brand new. Now years later, the property is starting to signs of age. The hotel is maintained fairly well and is always very clean but things are starting to show it's age from use. The hotel fitness equipment is in need of being replaced as it is wore out. Same problem with the free landry which is a huge benefit, as the dryers and washers from being used so much have seen there better days. Hotel access is good and the hotel is located to some very good local restraunts.

One suggestion is for the hotel to have sanitary wipes in the workout room to go along with the towels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I booked through Priceline and named my own price for a 3 star hotel. For $82 I got exactly what I paid for, an average hotel room for an average rate. The hotels website claims to be a luxury extended stay... Well although it is clean and modern, it's far from luxury. The rooms are well laid out and the location is central to Augusta. The only pleasant surprise was breakfast, it was better than expected. The front desk clerk seemed inconvenienced wih my arrival and then became friendlier as we spoke. This was an average stay for me. I'm not a big fan of average.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Gary T
Adamsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while attending a graduation for my step-son. The hotel was very clean (which was my first concern). I was quite suprise. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was great. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. I am a person of high standards, and this hotel really delivered for me and my family. I have two small children and I often worry about them in hotel rooms. In this case, it felt as though we were right at home. I am so thankful to the crew at Staybridge they really did a great job.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeSuitesGA, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Augusta, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Staybridge Suites Augusta. As an upscale corporate Augusta extended stay hotel, our staff works very hard to ensure that all our guests have an great experience. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know on Trip Advisor that Staybridge Suites Augusta is a great choice the Augusta business or leisure traveler. Hope to see you again soon!
edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were booked in here for 3 nights as part of a sports package for the US Masters. When we arrived, it was clear something was wrong and the receptionist told us there wasn't a room for us and started phoning around to find a bed for us somewhere else. As we had been travelling for over 12 hours and it was equivalent to 4.30am for us (uk time) - we had a big sense of humour failure over this incompetence. Fortunately, a room was found for us at the nearby Comfort Inn and we were told a room would be found for us the following day at the Staybridge. When we returned the following evening, they had got us a room. They were very apologetic and a food parcel was left for us and I think they also upgraded us to a bigger room type. As we were checking in, however, there was someone else trying to book in and he was told that they had no record of his booking and there wasn't a room for him. Speaking to the company who arranged the accommodation package/tickets/transfers etc, it is clear that overbooking is commonplace at this place. So if you are booking to stay here when the US Masters is on, make sure that you contact the hotel regularly before you arrive so that they are fully aware that you will be wanting the room that you have booked.

Other than our lack of room on the first night - this is a good location for the US Masters

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dee090
Auburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel and I was very pleased. The staff was very friendly to Priority Club users and provided upgrades. The facility was very clean and had a great breakfast in the morning.

I travel a lot for business almost 150 nights per year and I don't leave many positive or negative comments but this hotel impressed me enough that it was deserved for sure.

When in Augusta, this is a great place to stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business