“"Terrific Experience"”

Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Saint Louis, Missouri
“"Terrific Experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently traveled to Augusta, GA for an extended business trip. Finding a place where I felt safe, comfortable, and offering the most bang for my buck were the "must have" things on my list. Candlewood Suites in Augusta is what I chose and where I would stay again. The property was well kept, employed a friendly staff, and conveniently located to some of the best places Augusta has to offer; Augusta National Golf Course, downtown, outdoor trails, shopping, and plenty of restaurants to choose from. I stayed in both a regular room and a suite. They each offered a comfy bed, two burner electric stove, a full size refrigerator, full size microwave, nice pots/pans/utensils, and plenty of cabinet space for groceries. Both were great but since I was in town for awhile I chose to stay in the suite which offered a separated bedroom with an additional closet for my clothes, dresser, desk, tv, and dvd player. The free wireless internet was fast, reliable, and if I ever needed to print or fax the business center was there for free use as well. The front desk informed me when I had mail and all the mail I sent out from the front desk reached it's destination. A couple other of my favorite features were the free laundry facilities, the indoor gym, or the option to attend two of the local Gold's Gym's for free in which both were only a 5-7 minute drive away. Whether you're in town for a day, a weekend, or an extended stay I would definitely recommend Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Augusta. Offering our guests a safe and comfortable place to stay is very important to us. We are happy to have our extended stay business travelers take advantage of our kitchens and cabinet space to really feel at home. All of our free amenities make Candlewood Suites a guest favorite! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Augusta!
Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a great stay here when I came to Augusta, Ga. The staff was friendly, good location near many restaurants and a large room with a kitchen. I will definitely stay at Candlewood next time I am in Augusta!

• Stayed May 2013
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your stay here in Augusta, Ga. Having a friendly staff makes for a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We traveled to Augusta, GA to visit some friends and we chose to stay here. Everthing from the check-in process to the check-out was a positive experience. Once we arrived, we could not have asked for better customer service than what we received. Amanda was very polite, very welcoming and very professional. We booked three rooms and were completely satisfied with them as they was very clean, very spacious and actually very inviting. We loved the accomodations such as the in room kitchen and fitness area downstairs. My family and I visit Augusta often and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. Everthing you could need and want is at Candlewood Suites. The location is perfect as well! Minutes from restuarants, shopping and great entertainment. Would recommend this place to anyone! Five stars!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. We are glad that your stay with us was positive and you received exceptional customer service. The kitchens in the rooms give our guests many options. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Augusta, Ga.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

i stay at candlewood suites all over the usa as my job is constantly requiring me to travel.i booked my reservation online yet when i arrived, i was told they did not have the type of room i booked and paid for.after travelling three hours to get here, this is the last thing i needed.i was downgraded to a standard room and was told they could give me the room i reserved in the morning.The business center was a cold room with two computers which only one computer could actually print.i was shocked they had no free breakfast because i assumed they did being that they are an extended stay hotel.i cant imagine staying here for a month and having to go buy breakfast everyday.thats a bummer.The elevators are slow and the hotel only has three floors.front desk agents act as if you are a bother to them when you stop to ask a question.housekeepers were friendly but left my door open when they finished cleaning my room.luckily nothing was missing.they had no security and where it is located it needs security! overall i did not enjoy my stay and have to deem this the worse candlewood ive stayed at.rooms are clean and cozy but not enough to invite me back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank harriet c
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Although some extended stay hotels have breakfast the Candlewood Suites standard is not free breakfast. Our on site Cupboard and kitchens in every room give our guests the option to have what they like. Thank you for letting us know about the printer and elevator. We will address that along with the front desk. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here. We are glad that your room was clean and cozy and appreciate you writing a review.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Candlewood suites is not worth it.One of the most expensives hotel in augusta and the hotel is outdated and in serious need of upgrades.Carpet stains on the 2nd floor.the gym is low equipped and when i asked a front desk agent about the pool. she told me i could use the pool at the neighboring hotel.i did her one better and stayed at the neighboring hotel.Betty made my reservation and was so incompetent.She asked for my information over and over again and i was shocked when she said she was the general manager.how are you a manager and incapable of making a reservation?location is terrible and the have a snack room with a leaky refrigerator that melted the ice cream andfrozen dinners.All the snacks are way overpriced.Do yourself a favor and DONT COME HERE

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank gary b
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We appreciate you writing a review. Candlewood Suites is a mid priced hotel and we have many amenities that are included in your rate. Although our gym may not be large enough for some we do offer the use of Gold's Gym for free during your stay here. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you were redirected to another hotel for their pool as this is not our policy. Our front desk agents make reservations and try their best to take care of every guest. We have recently renovated our Cupboard and gotten new freezers for all of our snacks and meals. Being located off of Washington road gives our guests the convenience of many restaurant options and we're close to downtown Augusta entertainment. Again thank you for your review and we hope you return to Augusta, Ga.
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This should definitely be your firsst choice if you're staying for several days. I was in Augusta to visit with my friend and help her do some wedding planning for her wedding in June. I'm honestly thinking this is probably where I'll stay when I come back. It felt just like being at home- a cozy studio-style apartment, basically, with everything I needed. And it was a really quiet and comfortable place for us to get some planning done too. LOVE that there's a wonderful fitness center available- I made good use of it! Will be returning for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robin L
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that our extended stay suites made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Augusta!
Thanks again
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

After a nauseating flight and 2 hour late night drive from Atlanta I was just relieved to finally arrive at the hotel. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and acknowledged me as a PC member and offered me a free pop or water; a nice touch. I asked for a room with 2 beds, but apparently they don't have any?! Not sure if I misunderstood or not, but they were kind enough to have a twin mattress in the room waiting for me before arrival. We made do, but I could see how this could be problematic and a negative point for some.

The room was very clean, and for me this is most important in achieving a good night's sleep! Although no breakfast included, there's a small kitchenette with a stovetop, fridge and microwave. I personally don't cook when on vacation, but if you need to stay here for some time this could be a real money saver.

Luckily I was EXHAUSTED otherwise if you're a light sleeper make sure to ask for a room away from the highway side. Although at one point I also heard a train pass through, so while the location is convenient if you're coming in off the interstate it could also be a negative due to the noise.

Candlewood also offers free laundry facilities, which we didn't use, but important to note as this is useful for some. All in all it was a good choice for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TOtravlr
Ashley B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
The team at Candlewood Suites values your feedback and appreciates you taking the time to write a review. Our loyal guests are what keep us going. We are glad that we could accomodate you with our upright beds and our Candlewood Cupboard. We hope to see you again when you visit Augusta, Ga!