“One week stay and well worth it”

Candlewood Suites Augusta
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Lewiston, New York
“One week stay and well worth it”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Very friendly staff and great customer service. It is ideally located within minutes of major shopping stores and restaurants. Rooms are very clean and equipped with refridgerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave and very comfortable bedding. Washers and driers are available at no additional cost along with free internet service and free daily newspapers. There are over 100 TV stations provided which includes 45 music channels and 7 HBO channels at no charge. This place also provides a gym with True Performance state of the art equipment which I didn't expect and a nice amenity to have available for those interested. I had a pleasurable stay and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Betty C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, December 3, 2015
thank you is very late for your review, however, it took
us awhile to learn how tripadvisor worked.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was in Augusta for only one night and a friend of mine told me to check out Candlewood Suites. It was great. Everything I needed was in the room (refrigerator, stove, pantry, etc.). It also included a large work style desk for anything i had to get done, plus two flatscreen tv's. At the check in counter they also provided a bevy of complimentary DVD's of movies, ranging from old to present, horror to comedy. The beds were extremeyl comfortable and the bathrooms large and luxurious. I highly recommend these suites to anybody.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
thank you for taking the time to write us a review
we should have responded as soon as you
took that time to write the review.
we are sorry it took so long.
Holmfirth
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed just one night whilst traveling from Atlanta to Savannah. Being a golfer I needed to visit Augusta to see where the Masters is held. Not sure why you would visit Augusta otherwise
We had picked this hotel because of good reports from Tripadvisor but were somewhat disappointed. The adjacent motorway (freeway) was very noisy and we changed rooms to one at the rear which was better. The rooms are somewhat dated and drab, The A/C was very noisy and we could not have it on whilst in the room
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the free DVD library was very good when you know how dire American TV can be.
The highlight of our trip to Augusta was eating at Frog Hollow Tavern which was superb.

Room Tip: Make sure you are the back away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fulstoneflyer
thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review
we are so sorry it took so long for the respond.
we had to learn how trip advisor worked.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had to choose a hotel recently (my stay was in Sept of 2011) from a list that my company provided me. Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to what the company was shoving down my throat. However this hotel was a HUGE surprise. I loved the room. It doesn't even feel like a hotel room. It feels like a living room and kitchen with a bed. Everything was clean. There was a coffee maker, a full fridge, a nice plasma TV. It was quiet. The neighborhood was good. But the best thing was the service. My Dumb@$$ left my cell phone and my electronic cigarettes in the room. I didn't realize until i was on the plane back to ohio that i had left all that there. So needless to say i had to call Candlewood up and find out what they could do. Well, they responded by taking care of everything. They had already found the phone etc. and all i had to do was give them my address. 3 days later i had my phone back. Free of Charge (through USPS). This place really is amazing.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor by the stairs that lead to the exit out the back. If your a smoker it...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
thank you for writing us a review on our hotel
so sorry it took so long to respond.
we did not know how tripadvisor worked at
that time.
birmingham, al
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood in early October for business. It is a newer hotel with nice rooms and a kitchenette. I admit I did not take advantage of the kitchenette aside from the refrigerator and ice maker. The property if off the highway and near some apartments. Free wifi is nice too!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review.
we did not know at that time how tripadvisor worked, and
we are so sorry for now responding to your review.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Nice new property. Very good fitness center with an adequate eliptical. Nice kitchen in my room. Very, very clean room. I would definitely stay here again. Only minus is that the hotel does not have a restaurant on site.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
we are so sorry we did not respond to your review at that time.
we had to learn how tripadvisor worked.
Seneca Falls, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2011

we have stayed at many hotels before as my husband travels for his job, and this stay has been by far the best..! the staff always has a possitive attitude all the time and they all go above and beyond to assist there guests. the housekeeping is the aboslute best, and i have 2 small children, so a clean room is a must..!!!
we will deffinatly stay here again...and are looking foward to it!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Betty C, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Augusta, responded to this review, December 3, 2015
thank you for writing us a review and we are so
sorry it took so long to learn how tripadvisor worked.