“Some things need attention”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Some things need attention”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a frequent guest at Country Inn because work requires me to be in Augusta. Ive been to several other Country Inn & Suites all over the world and this one by far needs some serious attention. To be plain, the hotel is a bit outdated compared to others Ive stayed at.The hotel has informed me that they are beginning the process of renovation so I wont hold that against them. However, during my last stay, i did not get much sleep due to the unbearable sounds my air conditioner was making. I decided not to move rooms because I had to get up early for work. My company pays for my stay which is why i really havent made any huge complaints and the staff here is awesome which makes my stay comfortable. However, Betty or Becky whatever her name is who usually works nights is really rude and her costumer service skills suck.I came down early as I was heading out to work and stopped in the lobby for coffee.My cup was full of grinds and when i notified her she said they were out of filters.I told her she couldnt serve the coffee like that and she responded with "what do you want me to do about it". i was stunned and walked away from her. The very next day, I spoke with who i believe to be the owner and reported this incident but not much has changed in her attitude.The fact that the hotel already needs serious updating means i dont need any other reasons to request my company not to stay here but I hate when i have to interact with her because she really is awful.Other than her, I enjoy the staff, especially Ms. Janice in the breakfast area.Shes a gem! All in all, with an attitude adjuster of that woman and the much needed renovations, Country inn in Augusta is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor on the right sides are good rooms for quiet sleep
Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for the Masters...the facility is great, especially the pool and hot tub after a hard day walking Augusta National, the staff and service were incredible! Everyone working there went out of their way to help. Breakfast was great and I would go back simply because of the outstanding customer service!. SGH Golf had shuttle busses running every 15 minutes to the golf course. The location is perfect! Walking distance to a bunch or restaurants, we walked to Bone Fish and TBonz where a lot of the players and caddies hangout.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank You for your comment. We really are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Thank You once again and we hope to see you again soon

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites over the US Masters Tournament week. The hotel staff were warm, welcoming and very helpful. The room was lovely, very clean and surprisingly large with a separate living area and big comfy beds! The location is perfect! Walking distance to Augusta National Golf Course and close to all the action! It's a short stroll to the famous T-Bonz Steak House where we saw many famous golfers socialising and dinning each evening. We were part of a tour hosted by Australian Golfer - Adam Wilcox www.usmasterstour.com - Adam ran a brilliant 8 day trip! Hosting our group through Las Vegas staying at the beautiful Bellagio Hotel and playing 4 simply magnificent and exclusive golf courses including, TPC Summerlin, Anthem, Rio Secco & finally Cascata where we enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The icing on the cake was attending the Masters weekend and seeing a fellow Aussie - Adam Scott - claim his 1st green jacket and the 1st green jacket for Australia. What a thrill to be part of a history making win!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca W
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are humbled by your great comments and your views of the Country Inn. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotelwith TripAdvisor..

Rincon,GA (near Savannah)
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed there for the Masters and the first thing we noticed was the smell of cigarette smoke in our room. The bad news for us was, since it was the Masters, there were no other rooms available to switch us to so we had to stay in a room that made me sick, literally. They tried to cover the smell up by spraying something and a Frebreze plug in but the blanket still had the smell and all of our clothes smelled like cigarette smoke. The second thing we noticed about the hotel, the hotel is very out dated and needs help, alot of help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We take your comments very seriously and will definitely work on that. We are completely renovating our property so on your next visit you will find brand new Country Inn

Shah Jasmine

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

ATLANTA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The location of this property is very convenient. It is a block off of Washington Road, which prevents hearing the busy traffic noise, but is close to restaurants and the interstate.

The room was spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint was the older tube type tv's, but I understand these are being upgraded to LCD types. The breakfast was very good and offered a nice assortment of choices.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and did a great job of cleaning the room. I was impressed that management hires challenged individuals on their housekeeping team. This is an excellent way to benefit the community.

I had no problems at this hotel and look forward to staying there on future visits to Augusta.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We look forward to serve your hospitality needs on your next visit to Augusta GA

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a five week work assignment during the month of March 2013. The hotel was clean, breakfast was excellent and the location is close to shops and restaurants. The staff was accomodating and extremely friendly & professional. There are two newspapers daily, inexpensive laundry facilities, a nice size pool, a great fitness facility and a beautiful porch with rocking chairs for Northerns, like me, to enjoy the spring weather. While my husband was at work I didn't have a car so I really appreciated having the location. Within walking distance there were nice places to eat, shopping, a movie theater and even Augusta National Golf Course (though you can only see the gates). For the price, this hotel is a five star find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are humbled by your great comments and your views of our Country Inn. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Country inn with TripAdvisor.. We are grateful for your wonderful feedback about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to ensure our guests feels right at home with us and we are so pleased you found our team, food, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an incredible hotel stay for you in our Country Inn in the future.

Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Hotel is outdated and needs refresh. Rugs in room are worn and feel dirty. TV needed two different remotes to operate the cable box and the TV. We asked for a non-smoking room. First room they gave us, while marked non-smoking smelled strongly of cigarettes and we had to move to another . "Full breakfast" was pitiful-reconstituted eggs and not much else hot. Staff at desk were less than friendly. We asked for non-feather pillows and they thought we were crazy. This hotel is surrounded by several newer hotels in other chains. Choose any of them!

Room Tip: Avoid this place. Wear socks if you walk in the rooms!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin S
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn. We are going to go thru major renovation next month.
We are proud of our breakfast and offer rotation menu everyday. We offer egg bar, burritos bar. yogury bar is avaulabke everyday etc
I am sorry that you did not enjoyed that.
Hope to please you when you visit augusta