“Consistently good stay & great value.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
east coast
“Consistently good stay & great value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times over last 2-3 year's when visiting relatives in Augusta. The rooms are modern, spacious & clean. We currently ate in a small suite which is perfect for 2 adults + 2 tweens. Friendly staff. Nice, small indoor pool that is usually empty & great for kids. Location not scenic but convenient to everything. Bfast in the morning is good. Excellent value. We are usually a 4star or above family, but find this hotel a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We are humbled by your great comments and your views of the Country Inn. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on Country Inn with TripAdvisor..

Shah Jasmine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location of this hotel was very convenient, very friendly and helpful staff, the room was spacious and clean, beds were comfy, I also appreciated the convenient and free parking, but probably the best thing was free internet, I've been traveling a lot lately and I just think charging for every little thing is ridiculous. Plus the manager is on site and was very helpful in every way.

Room Tip: Third floor suites are great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate that you loved your stay at our hotel. Guest like you always make us proud of our job.

Thank you and hope to see you soon at our hotel

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Very pleased in all ways with my overnight stay. The hotel it's conveniently located near the interstate and the golf course in a safe neighborhood. You can walk to Zaxby's. The king size need was very comfortable and the room and lobby very clean.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank You very much. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wallet was stolen from inside our room!!! Management was not willing to do anything about it and we're rude!!!!!! They are thiefs and liars!!!!!!! Stay away! We lost hundreds!!!!!!!!! The front desk were not only lazy and in accommodating and basically brushed us off when we noticed my wallet missing.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
I am really really sorry about this... I would like really like to make it up to you. Please give me a call on 706-736-8988 and we can talk about it.

Shah Jasmine

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent a week in this hotel one night...front desk kept checking other people into my room. There is nothing like laying on the couch watching TV and some stranger opening your door. I can understand this happening once...but three times? I know, I know, completly lock your door dummie! Overall the rooms were nice and clean. The front desk staff seemed overwhelmed with their work load and they were still cleaning rooms at 5:00 pm. Makes you wonder how well the place is managed. They certianly need some fail safes put in place with it comes to room assisgnment.

Room Tip: Stay at the Fairfield in Ft Gordon.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Roy A
shahjasmines, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are sorry for your experience at our hotel.
I personally talked with my front desk and she apologized for the inconvenience you incurred.
We have few guest who works on night shift and they want housekeeping service after 4pm, that is the reason our housekeeper were at the hotel till 6pm. So it is not a Management issue but we try to accommodate our guest request.
We have taken necessary actions to make sure that no guest is being disturbed while they are at the room.
We are again sorry..

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was in the area to take my son to AIT at Fort Gordon. I went in and ask the clerk about the rates and quoted a travelocity price which was $10 cheaper than the price she gave me, but travelocity didnt have nonsmoking available. Her response a sarcastic "we are not travelocity". Okay, I was aware of that. So I ask if they gave a military discount again with sarcasism "not without ID". So my son which was in uniform presented his military ID. I was first given a smoking room. When I got to my room I immediately contacted the front desk, which She did correct the error. By the way, 3rd floor is a mixed smoking and nonsmoking. For a nonsmoker it's like they are all smoking. So If you do stay here and was nonsmoking don't stay on the 3rd floor. I do want to say when we went downstairs the clerks attitude really changed for the better. She was very pleasant and helpful at that time. We went to our second room on the 2nd floor and it was a handicap room. Which is okay but the sink is small. Tried the automatic door since it was there and it didnt work. Bath tub had a worm in it. not sure why but it did. Really just had an overall feeling of uncleanliness. Oh and my feet stuck to the lobby floor and it had a very strong smell of pinesol. Up not when I was leaving the next morning there was an extremely pleasant housekeeper. She said she was new and I hope they keep her around she was the best part of our stay. Stayed 2 more days inAugusta at a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shahjasmines, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I am really sorry for your experience. We are renovating our third floor completely and making this hotel completely Non Smoking. I agree that half floor smoking and half floor non smoking is a trouble for the guest. So reading our guest comment we have started the project and will be finished in next two months with complete renovation.
We hope to see you and enjoy our new Non Smoking hotel

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed for three days and encountered nothing but friendly employees and top notch service. Room was spotless and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok but it was hot and quick. The hotel is a little ways out of town but but its in a good area and its very quiet. I would recomend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response. We really appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel