“Filthy hotel, even worse service.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Filthy hotel, even worse service.”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Appeared to be nice and clean, but the pool was like a swamp and promptly closed when we reported it, and cockroaches were found in the room 5 minutes after checking into the room. Cockroach also in the pool area, not cleaned up after the pool maintenance closed the area. Went for a family stay to visit our Soldier at Fort Gordon, VERY disappointed. The hotel was not sympathetic and refused to refund our last 3 days that we had pre-paid thru Expedia. However, Expedia was very sympathetic and disturbed by the way Country Inn manager and owner handled the situation, and they immediately refunded our last 3 days and we changed hotels and were pleased w/ our next choice. DO NOT stay at this hotel or any in close proximity, as they are owned by the same person. HORRIBLE service!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had a excellent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, was blown away by the service and staff! Perfect location in Augusta within walking distance of all the best restaurants and bars. The rooms are clean and up to date. The beds are so comfortable we didn't want to get up in the morning. The staff was the cherry on top of it all, so helpful willing to go above and beyond to help. I was very impressed with this hotel it far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend during the Masters tournament this year and found the staff very helpful and pleasant. The rooms in the hotel are a great quality, especially for the price. Beds are comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. Also the hotel is in a great location, it had very easy access to the course and was within walking distance of several restaurants. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Four of us stayed here for 4 days during the Masters golf tournament, even with the hotel fully booked the staff and service was first class, very helpful front desk staff. Great location for a bunch of guys who don't want to drive at night after a few beers on the course during the day, five good restaurants within a short walk. Booked our rooms for next year before we left, would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Newhall, CA
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the beauty of this gem. Staff was purrrrrrrrrfect, place was quiet and breakfast was The Best we've enjoyed at this price range; and would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2012

easy access, nice room everything works. wifi is good. bed is comfortable, shower has lots of hot water, tv has decent stations. room had a smoky musty smell, and carpet was a bit dated. breakfast was good= great fried potatoes ! coffee needed to be hotter. staff was very professional.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I go to Augusta. The rooms are clean, the rates are fair, and good restaurants are very close. My last stay this past week was exceptional! I had twisted my ankle and slowly approached the check-in counter. Philip checked me in and did everything possible to assist me in being comfortable in my room. I will never forget his kindness and generosity.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Phillip D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Hi Patrick!

Thank you so much for your great review! We love getting feedback from our guests and we're thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We hope the next time you're in Augusta you come and visit us again.

Best Regards,