WINNER WONDERLAND

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20
Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
“Great Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend during the Masters tournament this year and found the staff very helpful and pleasant. The rooms in the hotel are a great quality, especially for the price. Beds are comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. Also the hotel is in a great location, it had very easy access to the course and was within walking distance of several restaurants. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Four of us stayed here for 4 days during the Masters golf tournament, even with the hotel fully booked the staff and service was first class, very helpful front desk staff. Great location for a bunch of guys who don't want to drive at night after a few beers on the course during the day, five good restaurants within a short walk. Booked our rooms for next year before we left, would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Newhall, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the beauty of this gem. Staff was purrrrrrrrrfect, place was quiet and breakfast was The Best we've enjoyed at this price range; and would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

easy access, nice room everything works. wifi is good. bed is comfortable, shower has lots of hot water, tv has decent stations. room had a smoky musty smell, and carpet was a bit dated. breakfast was good= great fried potatoes ! coffee needed to be hotter. staff was very professional.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I go to Augusta. The rooms are clean, the rates are fair, and good restaurants are very close. My last stay this past week was exceptional! I had twisted my ankle and slowly approached the check-in counter. Philip checked me in and did everything possible to assist me in being comfortable in my room. I will never forget his kindness and generosity.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Phillip D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Hi Patrick!

Thank you so much for your great review! We love getting feedback from our guests and we're thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We hope the next time you're in Augusta you come and visit us again.

Best Regards,
Phillip Driscoll
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a clean and comfortable Country Inn & Suites...within walking distance (without having to go on the busy highway) of Red Lobster. Breakfast was so-so. Bold coffee wasn't so much bold as it was bitter. BUT........Barandes is the finest desk clerk we have ever encountered...Ever! Not only was she very friendly she was efficient and had a great sense of humor. She also warned us at check in that there were two goups of high school kids there for a local basketball tournament. That did sound a bit ominous but she then went on to say she would be on duty that night and she would monitor and control the teens. Indeed she did because we didn't hear a single sound all night long!!! In the morning when I told her that she laughed and again entered into friendly banter. Even wanted to know if we would be stopping on our way home from Florida in a couple of weeks (we won't...can't) and said she would have loved to see us again. Now this is a young woman and we are old enough to be her grandparents. The property management should do everything in their power to hold onto Barandes and to reward her for being an ideal employee. We'll send a message directly to the property as well. She should have a fine future in the hospitality industry if she's interested...and she could rise to the top in a hurry! Thanks, Barandes for a memorable experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hi there UMichAlum!

We were overjoyed to hear that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable, we value all of our employees here at Country Inn and are always more than happy when we hear that they're making Guests' visits amazing. It's too bad you weren't able to make it back to us on the return trip, however hopefully you'll be able to make it down again soon.

Best regards,
Phillip Driscoll
McCormick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was impressed by the staff on the desk upon arrival. They were very courteous and professional. The room was superb! The food in the breakfast area as well as the person manning the breakfast area was all great. I left there knowing that when I am in Augusta overnight again, I will always stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing the back lot but it did not matter.