“Excellent, new facility with great free breakfast bar, and fine room service.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerville, South Carolina
“Excellent, new facility with great free breakfast bar, and fine room service.”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I would like to let my fellow travelers know that this particular new Baymont Motel is the first Baymont motel which we have had the pleasure to stay in. It is located only about two or three blocks from exit 200 of Route 20, in Augusta, GA. The facility ifself was brand new, the staff were all friendly, and the service there was excellent. They have a great free breakfast bar, which is open from 6 AM until 9 AM daily. if you need to stay anywhere near Augusta, North Augusta, or Aiken, it would be worth your while to drive a few extra miles to stay in this first class motel. They have a discount rate special in effect until the end of this year ( 2010). It cost us about $93.00 before taxes, etc., for my dear wife and myself to stay in a nice room, which contained two queen size beds, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, a great TV set, Internet connections, etc. The beds themselves were very firm, and the pillows were also very firm - the pillows were a bit too firm for my wife to like. But other than that, we had no complains at all about either our room, the motel service, the breakfast bar, the free parking lot, or anything else there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CasualWear
loveaugusta, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you for your very kind comments about our hotel and staff. We hope that when you next visit the Augusta area, that you will select our Baymont Inn & Suites/Augusta Riverwatch. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brunswick
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We have stayed in other hotels in Augusta, Ga. and have never been as happy with the experience as with Baymont Augusta Riverwatch. Hotel is clean and staff could not be more helpful. All amenities as advertised. Would rather change my dates than stay at another hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
loveaugusta, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thank you for your very nice comments, we appreciate it, we aim to please. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed a little over 2 weeks for business. The room was large and bright. It had a nice desk. I have an aircard, so I didn't use the hotel internet. The little "kitchen" area was very nice. It even had enough counter space to chop veggies, which I then grilled on the wonderful gas grill they have available to guests down by their pool. The pool was not huge, but very clean They could have had a few more lounge chairs pool side, and I wish it had a little more privacy. But it was still nice.

All the staff was extremely nice and helpful. My room was always very clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews I read on hotels.com. The hotel staff were nice and pleasant, they even let us check in early. On the way up to the room the elevator had a pungent odor of cigarette smoke and sweaty man. Not a super big deal because the room was clean and I trusted it enough to let my 1 year old daughter crawl on the carpet. The room seemed perfect for my week long stay, and had all the comforts of home except for one important thing, the wi-fi connection. When I connected my computer I tried to open my email and it took forever. I checked speedtest.net and the connection showed a blazing download speed of 61kb/second. I called the front desk to see what the issue was and I was told that they would reset the connection, which should improve performance. 10 minutes later and no difference from before, I called the front desk again and was told to call the internet service provider that services the hotel. When I called that number I was told that the hotel was using a small amount of bandwidth for the entire hotel and that it needs to be upgraded. Again, I called the front desk and was told that a message would be left to the manager for a possible upgrade. I am still waiting and have emailed Baymont through their website about this problem. It's yet to be resolved. So if having internet is important to you while staying at a hotel I would avoid staying here. Country Inn & Suites has blazing fast internet and an indoor pool. Or you could stay at Baymont Inn and use your cellphone's internet which is much faster.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
loveaugusta, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, and we're glad you found your accommodations comfortable. Unfortunately, our wireless internet did not meet your expectations. Our internet service provider has 24 hour tech support available to our guests for service delivery problems. Unfortunately, the response you received from this service provider was incorrect; the service provider was speaking about a lack of bandwidth at another hotel in our area.

Our hotel provides both wireless and wired internet connections. The wired connection is Cat5 cabling and 100MB switches. The wireless uses 802.11G and runs at 54MB. We use a commercial grade router specfically designed for hotels. Our capacity is 12MB download and 2MB upload, in excess of required corporate standards, and at no time during your stay (estimated dates) were either of the peaks achieved by the entire occupancy of the hotel. We've run speed tests on each floor of the hotel; all speed tests were acceptable.

Regardless, your internet service was not acceptable and for that we apologize. Thank you for taking your time to provide constructive criticism about our internet service.
Panama City
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The stay at the Baymont was a comfortable and quiet. Breakfast contained a nice variety of items acceptable to everyone. We definitely would stay there again.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The Baymont staff was very friendly and accommodating; the room was clean and of ample size; the drinks and hors d'ouevres (free) at the end of the day were a nice touch, and the daily breakfast (free) was quick and most adequate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks in March 2010.

The hotel is a very new looking/feeling property and is very clean. Parking is adequate and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast in the morning was very good with a nice little selection including eggs, sausage and bagels amongst other things.

The rooms are excellent. Very large with super-sized beds. Full sized fridge and nice kitchenette area with Microwave and big sink. The internet is superfast (8 Mbs) and cable TV is supplied by Comcast with about 100 channels including HBO. Cleaning is daily and very good. Air-con etc.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends or others and will definitely use the chain again in the future. Big thumbs up!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business