“You probably get what you pay for”

Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #10 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The rooms were huge, but there was a hair (not mine) tangled in one of the washcloths that was left in my bathroom. Rooms have microwaves, full-sized fridge and kitchen sink. Juice machine was broken during breakfast for the entire stay. I thought they would at least put out pitchers of juice or water, but no. They did have Otis Spunkmeyer cookies once during my 5-night stay. The front desk staff was nice, but I think they could use some more leadership to attend to the details. Walking distance to Wendy's. I'm not sure of the rate per night because my expenses were covered. I wouldn't stay there again unless I had to.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tiffani S
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

We appreciate that you enjoyed our huge rooms, full size refrigerator, microwave and wetbar with kitchen sink--we like to make our guests comfortable. Part of our ‘hometown hospitality,’ our cookies, always popular with our guests, are served from 5PM to 7PM each evening. We are constantly working on improving our service, and we apologize that some of the details were overlooked during your stay.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch

Reviewed August 29, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as our usual place was booked. What a great surprise. Great price and awesome service. Breakfast was on the high end for this class of hotel too. Staff was very kind and helpful even when we came in at 2am. Chair by pool was coolest chair I've ever sat in, I might steal it!:)

Everything here was fantastic and we will be coming back. Thanks Baymont.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us and our 'hometown hospitality.' Stay with us when you next visit Augusta.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the weekend of August 9-11, 2013. My room was a distance size room in location great for Me to attend my prep course at Medical District. That's my only positive. NEGATIVE: my towel had a use soap bar in it the first night. I work up the next morning with a bit on my hand. I asked the reception where was the district she seem to have a attitude wasn't approachable. The second night one of my towel had a stain so I requested new towels. The next morning on Sunday woke up to more bits notified the front desk he wasn't that helpful and I had to check out. Went to my prep course class return home Sunday and my mother stated you've been bitted by beg bugs. Contact Baymont on Monday morning after going to a clinic to get confirmation. The reception was very manipulating and didn't take it serious stated he would notified the owner but I extremely doubt that he was really concern. I would never stay here again... WORST weekend on a very important weekend for a prep course to help prepare me for my Occupational therapy License.. Posted Pictures of my marks on my hand, face, legs, back, and arms.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HappyLove30

A report of bed bugs is a serious issue. Your report to our front desk staff member was relayed promptly to the general manager and this report resulted in an immediate inspection of the guest room. Bugs can be brought into the hotel by other travelers, and this does not speak to the cleanliness of the property.

We understand if you elect not to stay at our hotel in the future but please understand that this is an isolated incident that was addressed immediately.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I volunteered to find a large block of rooms for my daughters soccer team. When there are 14 players and their parents depending on you to find decent accommodations at a budget price, your work is cut out for you. Well, I searched around and discovered that Baymont Inn and Suites had more to offer than any of the hotels that our various teams have stayed at over the years, at a very reasonable price.

My initial reservation contact was with a fellow named Rod. He was super professional and actually answered all of my questions before I was able to ask them. Sometimes it is difficult to obtain a block of rooms and have it properly coordintaed so that the individual families can call and reserve them one at a time later on. Rod made the process so simple for us. It was a pleasure working with him and the rest of the staff.

I was not able to personally attend the event, so I was even more apprehensive. Imagine trying to make all these families happy. Almost impossible. But it happened here. All of the parents that I spoke with said check-in was seemless. The rooms were very clean. The refrigerators were a very appreciated added value. The full breakfast was a big plus for all, especially the players before their morning games. The team was allowed to have the team dinner in the breakfast area later in the evening. Very convenient. Any individual concerns or requests such as extra towels and toiletries were handled immediately with a smile. Out of 14 families, nobody had any negative comments.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. My only concern is that I will be put in charge of future team accommodations and I probably will not be able to match the quality and value of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. We love our groups--and Rod goes above and beyond--as you found. We're glad you chose our hotel, and we hope we have the opportunity to host your group in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013