We stayed at this Baymont Inn because we had an appointment at the Medical College, and we wanted to try a different place because the Hilton wanted 130.00! This hotel is a mere ten minutes away via Riverwatch Parkway, so if you are in Augusta for hospital appointments, then by all means, this hotel is a good choice. This hotel is located in a busy area right off I 20, and there is a Wendy’s and gas station next door. We were greeted upon check in by Susan, who was very friendly and efficient. Upon entering the room, we remarked about how BIG the room was, and that is in part because it has a small “kitchen” area as you walk in, with a sink, coffee maker, microwave and full size fridge. The bathroom is large too, with a large granite sink, and large tub. The bathroom was very clean! Very important to most people going to hotels, this bathroom was just that. VERY clean. My only quibbles about the bathroom is the shower head, it was very basic, no variety in the stream of water coming out, or the spray pattern; the soap…the bars provided are very small, as is the shampoo. I would hope Baymont would go with the wall mounted bathroom products like the Hiltons or Jameson Inns have done.I think they are cleaner and more cost efficient. The bed in our room was a great sleep experience! We slept great. We had a King sized bed, and we loved it. We didn’t feel each other move in the bed at all. One of the NICEST hotel beds we have slept in, HANDS DOWN! The room was very large, with a large flat screen tv that had a lot of channels, a recliner, a nice large computer chair, and a lot of space. The internet worked okay. Not spectacular. I wished they had an Ethernet option, because the wireless was just adequate. Still, I was able to get on and do my email and that was alright with me, but it was always “page cannot be displayed”. The MAIN thing about this hotel that makes it a recommended choice is: CLEANLINESS. This hotel is very clean. From the moment you walk in, the bathroom, the floors, the furniture, etc…very clean, and tidy. We didn’t partake in the free breakfast, due to early check in times at the hospital, but it looked pretty expansive for a free breakfast. There were also free warm cookies in the lobby along with a bottled water dispenser with cups. We had no problems with noise. We did hear the the train this morning at about 4:30 am, and while it did wake us, we both remarked how we love that sound, and we promptly went back to sleep! If noises like one train going by keep you up, then ask for a room on the even side of the hotel..we found it was a non issue, but light sleepers might object. This is a very nice mid range hotel. I paid $144 for two nights including tax. For a hotel this clean, with the room as big and nice as it is, you can’t beat the bargain that is Baymont Inn Riverwatch. It was a very nice stay, indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New upgrades in 2015, our hotel is conveniently located at Exit #200 off Interstate 20 on Riverwatch Parkway--and is convenient to downtown Augusta restaurants and shopping. Our hotel features upgraded guest rooms and a fresh, new lobby and breakfast room. Stay with us and enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast and our "hometown hospitality." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites / Augusta Riverwatch Hotel Augusta
- Baymont Inn And Suites / Augusta Riverwatch
- Augusta Baymont Inn