“Paying for ambiance” 3 of 5 bubbles

Craft & Vine
Ranked #12 of 490 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Craft & Vine is an upscale cocktail bar and eatery politely tucked away on Broad Street in downtown Augusta. It's the newest addition to the Frog Hollow Hospitality Group. Featuring old wood with metal modern mix. Low lights bouncing off art deco and fabric. All uniquely tamed with class and elegance.
Fairfax, VA
“Paying for ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Maybe it's JUST me but I was not a huge fan of this place. We had dinner and drinks here and I couldn't understand why it was so expensive and popular.

The drinks were very good. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for those, especially since the decor was so nice inside and cool atmosphere, but the food, especially the cheese and meat platter was lacking. We also tried the skirt steak, ceviche, and goat cheese stuffed peppers. Food came in very small portions. And my husband and I both left hungry.

We went on a Wednesday evening and the place was fairly busy. I can't imagine what it's like on a weekend. I am sure there's a long wait.

Bottom line we probably won't return for the food but we would come back for the drinks.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TravelHappier

North Augusta, South Carolina
“Why did I wait so long to go???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My friends told me I'd love this place but it took my wife and I until last night to give it try. Loved the atmosphere (great music playing), loved the service (Ashley was perfect and very helpful to us newbies), and most importantly...LOVED the food. Ashley recommended the fried oysters. They were crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, as close to perfect as possible. I had to get a second order they were so good. My wife ordered the meatballs and they were very tasty. Then we split a cheese pizza. I have to say this was one of the best pizzas in town. So three tapas, one pizza, a wonderfully light dessert of donut holes, and a pot of coffee made for a memorable night of eating. We were pleasantly stuffed. No doubt we will return. I predict this will be a regular stop for us. There are at least a dozen more things on the menu I want to try. Easily 5 stars +.

• Visited July 2014
Aiken
“Great Food.....Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The best dining experience between Atlanta, GA. and Columbia, SC! The sister restaurant to Frog Hollow(also amazing) hits "5 stars"on....atmosphere, menu, drink selections, and service. Refreshing to find a restaurant group (Frog Hollow, Craft & Vine, Farmhouse Burgers) that places as much emphasis on the quality of staff/training as it does on the quality of the food. Most if not all menu items are from local farmers. Our favorite place to dine!

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, wine, beer, bourbon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Typically when I go to a restaurant I have to choose between one that has good food, good wine, good beer, or good bourbon. Not so here. They have the gamut covered. Sat at the bar and ordered the specialty deviled eggs. They tasted fine but the texture was way too mushy. Followed that by the pork rinds which were excellent. Home made, well cooked, and tasty. So good I think some vegetarians would like them. When refilling my drink, the waitress bumped the underside of the bar with the glass and immediately replaced the glass. She stated that it would be weird to serve it after touching something. Very nice. No fewer than 4 staff members engaged me while I was there. I also enjoyed that they automatically brought cold water to all patrons and kept the glasses full. Very cool. Very responsible. There was a very large wait between the appetizers and main dish but they recognized it and adjusted the bill accordingly. Excellent waitstaff and excellent management. The only negative about this place is that most of the locals that I spoke to were, well, stuck up. Don't suppose I should ding the restaurant for that ... or should I? Nah, that's the Chamber's issue. Excellent Restaurant.

Visited June 2014
Georgia
“Upscale "Tapas" Bar in Augusta, GA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went to Craft & Vine recently while visiting family members who live in Augusta. What an unexpected treat to find this kind of place in a mid-sized city in Georgia! Very upscale wine selections for people that really enjoy more than the standard Southeast restaurant offerings. Interesting food selections (although a few did seem a bit pricey - like $5 for the roasted olives) with tasty flavor pairings. The atmosphere is definitely more "big city" chic. The best part of the experience was sitting at the bar and talking with mixologist, Matt. This is not a place where you will get a standard G&T! Each cocktail is hand crafted and made to order. I also learned a bit about some spirits that will encourage me to try some that were new to me. Have tried both Farmhaus and Frog Hollow on other visits to Augusta, and Craft & Vine is a solid addition to the group. Highly recommended for folks that want to try something a bit more cosmopolitan!

• Visited June 2014