“Crooks!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
“Crooks!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked at a corporate rate of 87.00, checked in with a rate of 109.00, called IHG Care and negotiated to 94.00 for present stay and the next weeks stay. Checked with manager not 5 minutes later and was told rate was 101.00 for following week. Checked out on Thursday with a rate of 109.00 for first night and 92.00 for second night. So that makes 5 different rates for a two night stay. Called IHG again and was told that ownersship or management would contact me within 48 hours, almost 96 hours later...nothing. I have been staying at this hotel since it opened, but never again!! BEWARE!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Warren P
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We're very sorry to hear about this issue and we urge you to contact the general manager for further assistance, gia@newportgroupinc.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Burleson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here after a LONG 15 hours on the road. My wife and I are a little on the picky side when it comes to motel/hotel cleanliness. I hate dirty rooms !! The room was very clean and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. We checked into the room around 10:45 at night and we were informed they had a bar that stayed open till 11:00. Got to the bar around 10:50 and the bar staff were very friendly and were more than willing to hold their post later than closing time when we asked them if we could have a beer to wind down. They actually offered a second beer to us AFTER closing time (of which we accepted). GREAT breakfast buffet the next morning also. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It's always good to hear how great our staff is when management isn't around!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great hotel...clean, friendly, good breakfast, and convenient location.Our only issue was that the pool was under construction so we had to travel to a nearby hotel so the kids could swim. The staff were all very accommodating!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're glad to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating and we hope you will visit us again the next time you're in the area.
Pleasant Hope, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was the best hotel we stayed in during our entire trip. Rooms were clean large and comfortable. Everyone that we came in contact with was smiling and helpful. The desk staff and the housekeeping staff and the lounge staff treated us like family. We really appreciated the breakfast buffet in the morning and the complementary newspapers in the mornings but the best was the coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day. We needed to stay an extra day and the front desk staff spent a lot of time trying to accommodate us. We felt care about and cared for. The only disappointment was that the pool was closed. The spa was open but the pool restrooms were not clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're pleased to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do apologize for the pool being out of order, we are in the process of doing some remodeling to it and we hope this will not keep you from coming back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Location is good.
Food available. Great indoor amenities. Good rooms.
But what another guest says about the internet being slow is true. That has to be upgraded. I think dial up is faster. It prohibits any kind of video conferencing. If an upgrade can be done without the hotel offering excuses, this is the place to stay when traveling.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We apologize for the internet issue and we assure you that management is working as quickly as possible to get this solved. We hope this will not keep you from coming back to visit us :)
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My family stayed here recently and I didn't think the hotel quite lived up to its reviews. The good stuff: the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The area felt safe and there were plenty of places to eat relatively nearby. The breakfast was just fine; the grits were great! Everyone is very nice and friendly.

Unfortunately, the room we were in could have used some extra care. There was a large stain on the floor of our room, a hole in the window shade, and some stains on the wall. Also, the internet was incredibly slow.

All in all, the hotel was fine, but I guess I had higher hopes. I like to stay at Holiday Inns and I thought this one could use improvement.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are an older hotel with some wear and tear and we are always working on improving our hotel as a whole. Thank you for letting us know where you thought we could use some improvements, we value our guests' opinions and we hope you'll visit again soon to check out our ever evolving hotel.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, both for business. I think that it was probably newly renovated the last time I stayed here (3 years ago). A few minor things are starting to show age, but overall, this hotel is in good condition.

The front desk staff were friendly, but not the most organized staff I've ever come into contact with. They had a little bit of difficulty checking in my coworker and I and didn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency about it. (I may have been biased as I had had a very long day). The lobby has very nice decor.

The room was standard for a Holiday Inn that has been updated in the last few years. I stayed in a King bed room and my room featured a chair and foot rest (always nice), a flat screen TV with pretty limited channels. This room also had a mini fridge (with freezer) and a microwave. Probably one of my favorite parts of the room was the shower in the bathroom that was oversized. It was a "shower only" so if you wanted to take a bath you may want to request another room type. The air conditioner is controlled by a wall unit. I prefer to sleep with the fan running non-stop. At first, it appeared that this feature wasn't available. I finally figured out that if you cut the wall unit off, then hit the "Fan" button and didn't touch it again, the fan would run continuously. If you change the temperature, the fan will cut off after the new temperature was reached. The bed was comfortable, but all of the pillows were firm (no soft pillows).

Probably my biggest gripe of this hotel was when I tried out the "morning breakfast delivery door tag." If you aren't familiar with this, there is a door tag that I've noticed at a few other Holiday Inns that gives you basic choices at a reasonable price for breakfast delivered to your door. You check your choices and hang the tag on your door before midnight and your breakfast (in theory) is delivered at the specified time the next morning. I hadn't tried it before and decided to give it a go at this hotel. Much to my dismay, my breakfast was never delivered the next morning (even as long as 30 minutes after). It wasn't much of an inconvenience as I was able to stop at McDonalds up the street on my way to work, but in hindsight, I would have bought something at the grocery store or made time to go downstairs and eat at the restaurant.

As for the rest of the hotel, I didn't get a chance to try anything as it was a short stay. The last time I was here, the workout room was pretty decent with two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and possibly a bike. I can't speak on the current condition of this equipment as it depends on regular maintenance.

This hotel is located right off of I-20 and there are a handful of restaurants nearby. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We're pleased to hear that for the most part you enjoyed everything during your stay and we assure you that all of your concerns have been shared with management and will be handled. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Holiday Inn Express Augusta North
BEST WESTERN Augusta West
BEST WESTERN Augusta West
#2 of 5 in Grovetown

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta West? Share your experiences!