“Great value, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a family wedding. We booked through Priceline and saved quite a bit doing that. The front desk attendant was very nice and was quick to check us in, and switch our room to a double. We somehow forgot our toothpaste, and they promptly supplied us with a free travel size. The rooms were very clean and cozy, with exception of the blackout curtains having small rips. This has been reviewed before so I will move on. The staff in the breakfast area was exceedingly pleasant, helpful and just outright nice to be around. My coffee never got below half a cup. Coree ( spelled?) was especially helpful with our spirited two year old an my handicapped grandmother. There was fresh popcorn in the lobby at night and a nice snack shop. The cleaning staff was also very friendly, and left our rooms looking brand new each day. The only real complaint was the wifi. It was the slowest I have ever seen. I attempted to download a movie to watch on my Kindle before leaving and it took over 30 minutes to just get half done. I finally gave up. I would recommend this hotel over and over. It is just off the interstate, easy to find, plenty of parking, and the rooms were super quiet. Great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We strive to please and we're glad that our staff was so accomodating. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Augusta West

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Typical Holiday Inn. Bedding comfortable. TV ok. Overall room was clean but furnishings are cheap and very basic. Staff attentive, restaurant average, bar is a plus. Great location. I'll look for an upgrade to this hotel next time I visit Augusta.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We are currently undergoing minor renovations to update some portions of our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in town and please let management know what they can do to make your next stay even better!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent one night here in December. The hotel is conveniently located near a major highway and restaurants. The hotel appears quite new and well maintained. The hotel was reasonably priced. Every employee we encountered was pleasant. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the hotel's breakfast. We don't recall receiving a Priority Club welcome gift but were upgraded to the highest floor. We would recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our policy to provide Priority Club members with welcome bags and we apologize that you did not receive yours! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Augusta.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A 2-day business trip to Augusta became a pleasant stay. Sparkly clean rooms, courteous staff, easy access to the interstate and near-by restaurants, all add up to a great place to stay. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review! We're incredibly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again soon. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this HI for a total of eight weeks over a three month period due to it being close to where I was working.
The positives - the staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were clean and always fixed up for me by the time I arrived home.
The only negative I can think about is the nasty, duct-taped curtains. There's no excuse, ever, for a hotel like a HI to use duct tape over their plastic, nasty curtains. All but one of the rooms I stayed in had these. The other negative was the thin walls- being near the elevator is hell as you can hear the thing moving at all hours of the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We're pleased to hear that everything was to your liking. As mentioned in previous reviews the curtains are slowly but surely being replaced. We appreciate you baring with us during this transition and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've stayed in a few hotels in the Augusta area....and have been disappointed each time. Until We stayed here. I usually just want a quiet night, hot water and clean towels. This hotel excelled at a nice room, a quiet evening and a great breakfast in the morning. From now on when I'm in Augusta for the night - I'm staying here. I've finally found a nice hotel !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoy our hotel! We strive to please so if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know! We look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I came to town for a friends 40th birthday party that was given at the hotel. Upon arrival the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and I am a clean freak so it exceeded my expectations. I had a king bed, the room was very spacious and cozy. It was right near the interstate so very easy to find, close to shopping centers and restaurants. I heard absolutely no sound in my room from neighbors. The bathtub has zero mildew. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of outlets in the room for my laptop and cellphone and the fact that breakfast did not include juice. You have to pay for the juice. This is one of the few hotels where I felt comfortable walking on the carpet without socks or shoes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We're pleased to hear that everything was satisfying and we hope to see you again next time you're in Augusta.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Best Western Augusta West
Best Western Augusta West
#2 of 5 in Grovetown
Holiday Inn Express Augusta North
Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta West? Share your experiences!