“Great Stay during Masters Week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta West

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Key West, Florida
“Great Stay during Masters Week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a great location during Masters Week. The location is perfect as there is no traffic at this exit, so you are able to come and go as you please, unlike if you stayed on Washington Road! We are Priority Club members, and were greeted as such by a very nice employee with a goodie bag filled with water, snacks, and Bridgestone golf balls. We were also pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a suite upon our arrival! The room and bathroom were both immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable. We were on the 4th floor, and never heard any noise from other guests, even though I am sure that the hotel had to be filled to capacity due to the golf tournament, nor was there any noise from I-20. We did not visit the heated pool, fitness room or the restaurant, but if it was anything like the rest of the hotel, I'm sure that they are great! I will definitly be trying to secure a room at this particular Holiday Inn if I am ever lucky enough to attend the Masters in Augusta again!

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wrcjr98
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We're incredibly pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope that we were able to accommodate all of your personal needs and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

From what I could tell, the original plan was to make this a Holiday Inn Express. My unconfirmed theory is that, at the very last minute, someone decided to make this a Holiday Inn (no Express). The rooms are spacious and clean, but more "Holiday Inn Express-ish". , Unlike a Holiday Inn Express, this hotel has a restaurant serving lunch and dinner. Also, unlike a Holiday Inn Express, there's no free breakfast.

The business office and exercise room met my needs.

Although close to the I-20 highway exit, the hotel is quiet. I like this place. It's my pick for a hotel at this exit off of I-20.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bogistcat
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We're pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs and we hope to see you again soon!
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This location is just off I-20 and made it convenient for the work sites we had to hit back and forth at other exits nearby. The hotel was clean and seemed to be new. All the bits of the room functioned properly and did not need repair.
There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel itself, but there are several restaurants within walking distance - although there is a lot of traffic and no sidewalks. There are a ton of restaurants one exit or so to the east.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with shower only - the showers are large. If you get a room with a tub shower, it is...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TAN31_11
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything our property has to offer and that we were conveniently located for all of your job sites! We hope that you and your crew will continue to stay with us in the future.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Awesome hotel...great night stay. I will visit this hotel on my next return to GA in December. The staff is very courteous and the amenities are super! I would recommend this hotel to everyone who inquire.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank deborahpalmer
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in December and please let us know if there is anything we can do to further accomodate your stay!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have stayed here for several years now on my annual trip to Augusta. The staff is always outstanding. The room is comfortable, clean and cozy. Cannot go wrong here. Just off the Interstate and not far from a plethora of eateries. High marks!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pete18va
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We value our loyal guests and we thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was with us. We hope to see you agian soon.

Thank You!
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

As a Gold club IHG member this was the first time I was greeted with what felt like a above average reception to the hotel as they provided me a free drink and free breakfast coupons for my three children.

I read a review about the location being near a truck stop. It is set far behind all of that and honestly is nice and receded it was very quiet and there is no activity all the way down the road where the hotel is. We chose this location because it was closer to the college where my wife needed to go test at in the morning. It felt safe. I personally prefer to stay at hotels where we are not in the city or busy areas so this worked out great.

I am not from the area here so there could be better areas, I'm not sure. If you're coming here for leisure I would definitely explore your options.

Reception was outstanding. I advise Management to not allow people to smoke right outside the entrance because it's annoying to everyone who doesn't smoke.

The rooms:
Tip, even numbers will get you a front facing window on the 5th floor.

They were average and a bit small in comparison to newer Hilton/IHG 3 star hotels. But the beds were comfortable, the pillows were not. The WIFI was complimentary and worked great. The room temperature was left to a perfect setting when we walked in it was nice and cool. The bathroom shower pressure wasn't as strong as I liked it but they had free bath & body soap, shampoo, etc...

The breakfast was really nice. They do not provide a free breakfast. It seems that all 3 star hotels have restaurants and their breakfast is served there to order. The pancakes were really good but I did not like the omelette the ingredients such as the mushroom was canned and just poured in (not cooked). My wife ordered the breakfast sandwich she says it was good. Anyways it was free for the kids so that was nice but it was definitely subpar compared to the HIlton Garden Inn we just stayed at in TN.

Overall it was a nice stay for what we needed and I never did see the price because I used my points to pay for the hotel stay. The staff really made a big difference and that's always a great thing. I've stayed at much nicer hotels with rude staff and nobody wants that experience ;)

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor even numbers are front facing windows (also very quiet)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brunos82
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel in Augusta, GA. We are alwasy striving to please our especially our Priority Club members. We hope that next time you are in town you will stay with us again.

Thank You!
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here for a total of 3 weeks while on business at Fort Gordon. The location is right off the highway exit and reminds me of a truck stop somewhat with all the gas stations around. On the bright side, there's a Cracker Barrel next door and it's only a 5 minute drive to Fort Gordon. The front desk staff was average and not always the most helpful or friendly. Being a full service Holiday Inn, there was no free breakfast but a restaurant inside the hotel. The restaurant food was nothing special but it was very convenient and had a friendly wait staff. There's also a bar in the restaurant. The exercise room was small and only had 3 cardio machines. I didn't use the pool but it seemed to be popular amongst the other guests. There's also a small outdoor area with tables and chairs. There's a fridge and microwave in each room. Free cookies in the evening and free USA Today newspapers throughout the hotel.

Pros:
One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in
Good sized bathroom with a large walk in shower
Housekeeping does a great job
Plenty of parking available

Cons:
Worst internet I've ever experienced in a hotel (slow, unable to connect at times)
Slow check-in, always a line of people waiting
Flat screen TVs but poor picture (no HD)
Front desk staff hit or miss

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank tranman387
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
We first want thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We strive to please our guests and we are constantly using reviews and comments to better our hotel in every way. We apologize for any inconvience that you may have come across during your stay but we do assure you that many changes are happening in our hotel and your next stay with us will most definitely be more to your standard. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon :)