Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City
ComfortSuites
$105
$95
$109
Quality Inn Medical Center Area(Augusta)(Great Value!)
$63
Priceline
$139
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewslarge roomstayed here for nightswould stay againenjoyed my stayfreewayhousekeepermotel
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler, and am on the road up to 30 times a year. This is the worst lodging experience that I have ever had. Perhaps the biggest problem with the hotel was the staff members, as the ones that I encountered were disrespectful and clearly unwilling to do their jobs.

Due to my expected one-week stay, I had 3 basic requests: a non- smoking room, a refrigerator, and a microwave--shouldn't be a big deal, as their website listed these as basic amenities. However, the room they placed me in did not have a microwave. No big deal, I just returned to the front desk and asked for one. Brenda sighed, frowned, and told me that it would be complicated because she did not know which rooms had a microwave. While she discussed this issue with another coworker, I stepped outside to get the rest of my luggage. When I returned, Brenda had her coat on and was leaving and her coworker introduced herself to me by saying, "we will not be able to get you a microwave." I asked to be moved to be moved to a room with a microwave, or to have one brought to my room. The coworker crisply informed me that she did not know which rooms had a microwave, and that she was certainly not going to go look to find out. Clearly this clerk was not interested in helping me, so I asked to speak to the manager. Turns out this clerk--Monique--WAS in fact, the manager!

Not a good sign. And in fact, things got progressively worse, with Monique threatening to call the police--claiming that my request for a microwave was designed to intimidate her. She refused to properly identify herself. When I asked how she spelled "Monique," she said, "You can spell it however you want." When I asked for her last name,she flatly refused to provide it.

I gave up and went next door to the Country Inn and Suites, where I had perfect stay with no problem. When I called Best Western to report this, they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Fast-forward a week. Believe it or not, I received a bill from Monique at the Best Western.
Do not believe for a second that this was an accident, because my room had been booked and paid for in advance by my company, meaning that Best Western had to manually enter my credit-card information to bill me.

If Best Western does not care enough to police this kind of behavior, I felt that maybe one or two people would read this review and be spared the type of experience that I had.

If you are considering Best Western, why not go next door to the County Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a very comfortable stay here. The staff was extremely friendly. Good price and breakfast. Evelyn was my favorite at the front desk. She will make you smile! Overall, an outstanding stay. I will be back when I travel that way again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We arrived to the hotel about 2:15 PM. We checked in which was a very easy process. The front desk personal was very sweet and nice. We went upstairs to our room and unpacked. We left to go to eat dinner with friends. When we got back and we decided to get ready for bed, we pulled back the covers and had to remake the bed. The next morning as we were leaving for the day I asked our housekeeper to change the linens related to they were stained and we remade the bed. That night when we came in from a long day we had not only clean sheets and comforter, but also a note saying Linens changed with the date and time. This housekeeper's name was Jackie. So Thank you Jackie for a job well done.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Rooms are very nice. The staff was friendly. Next to several restaurants. The wireless internet is fast! I have paid for high dollar hotels, and it is always a disappointment when the internet is slow. I paid a relatively low price here, and the internet was very fast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The decor was great. The staff showed excellent customer service. Aftter I checked in, Staff called me to make sure everything was ok. I was very pleased with that. I would recommend this place any day. It is centrally located which was also a good thing. Plenty of good restaurants surrounded. I brought my New Years in Augusta - What a great experience to start 2014. Thank you Best Western (Augusta) Staff for making this happen.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends