“Go to Grovetown Best Western instead”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Not a great Best Western considering what I paid: $125 plus tax for one night. I also stayed at the Best Western in Grovetown and it was wayyyy better all around but mostly because the staff was appreciate of my business. If you have to go to Augusta -- and I really hope you never do -- save your money, go to the cheaper BW and get the same amenities (except not a lot of nearby restaurants). Evelyn who was already mentioned by a previous reviewer -- was the standout at this hotel. SO NICE SO FRIENDLY!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
shahjasmines, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

We are really sorry. But I checked my rate and inventory for that day and we never had the rate of $125 plus tax. Our hotel is price very reasonable.Our rates have not crossed $90 on most of the days. We are right in the heart of Augusta. All restaurants, shopping is walking distance from our property. Our biggest asset is our staff. Evelyn is really the best. Please do visit our hotel to have a complete hospitality experience. I am proud to say that we have the best customer service and the best staff.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spent two free nights here, using points, while my grandson played in the Peach Jam AAU
basketball tournmanet in North Augusta,SC. Everything is average, but one employee made
the experience fun. Evelyn, you are amazing. This lady does everything, and is very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We value you being a Best Western Reward Member.
We have changed lots of things in our hotel. We have added items on our breakfast menu.

Hope to see you soon & once again thank you for being a loyal Best Western member

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Words cannot describe how bad this hotel is! Front desk clerk was more interested in talking with her friends on the telephone than helping a "guest". When asking the desk clerk if "they" offered a AAA or government discount, her response was "$65 for the room, take it or leave it". VERY rude!!! We were moved to three different rooms before one was found that had a working refrigerator. The ice machine on the second floor did not work. The ice machine on the first floor, at the opposite end of the hotel, was very noicy. The bath tub was FILTY and did not appear to have been cleaned in a very long time!!! The "key card" entry at one end of hotel had been ripped from the exterior wall, requiring walking completely around hotel to the main entrance to reenter the hotel. We WILL never stay at this hotel again and advice everyone to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary M

I am really sorry for your experience. I have personally talked with that front desk and reminded him of our Hospitality Policy. He has apologized for his behavior. Our staff is very good but that particular day you did not had a good experience with him.
I am really really sorry for that.
Please do not refrain this one incident from not coming to our hotel. We at best western promise you that you will never experience like this at our hotel. You will have a great experience at our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am very surprised at the negative reviews of this hotel. I have been going to Augusta for about 2 years every few months and stayed at some other hotels - I am sorry I did not find this one sooner. Conveniently located on Washington Road closes to stores & restaurants and about 10 mins to the medical center, the hotel interior and exterior were fresh and clean, the bathrooms seemed new, there was no noise and the reception was efficient and friendly.
My only complaint, the coffee cups are tiny, juice size, but other than that everything was fine

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
shahjasmines, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel
We have changed our coffee cup size to 10oz. Thank you for your suggestion
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Augusta GA

General manager

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I spent two nights there on April 20-21. First night there I woke up with bites I thought maybe mosquito since we where outside that night. Second night my husband my son had bites too. Went to front desk and lady said noway. Well that's a lie went back and saw bed bugs under sheets room 105. Don't stay there our body are bitten up. Never again she had no sympathy .

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brawley520

We are very sorry that you had these bites. But we have country's reputed Pest Control Company called Ecolab working for us.. They inspected the room and have treated all our hotel. There are no BED BUGS in our property....

Hope to see you again and I promise you that you will have an excellent stay at our hotel..

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I spent 3 days at this hotel in May 2011. It is a decent hotel and very economical. When I arrived at this hotel, I was welcomed by this very nice receptionist Jasmine, I think that's her name. She was very helpful by answering my questions and gave me directions to where I needed to go.

When I arrived, my room was not ready, however, I was upgraded to another room. The room is a good size, clean and equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. Internet is free and I loved the breakfast bar. Breakfast is continental and you are also able to make your own fresh waffles and lots of fruits.

There is little strip mall right across from the hotel, restaurants and a shopping store. I went to the store and purchased all my hair products for cheap cheap.

I did not make it to Augusta Golf Course but I heard it is fantastic,

I also went to Augusta Mall.

I will definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

the pictures of the hotel are awsome, NOT so much in person, everything is old and out date, not even as close to being as clean as it could be, and my favorite part was the "Spa" the picture looks so inviting, turns out it is closed and the clerk told me that it has been closed for over a year "too expensive to keep up". I guess breakfast was costing them too much as well, they had cerial, waffels and toast, NO meat, No Eggs, the hot food section was empty and clean and cold, they had not run out, they never started. and I almost for got the towles were rough and old, no fab softern, and one of them had a knoticable stain of somesort, I not going to think about what it was.
Have a great trip and spend a few more dollars some place esle, I know that I will.

Room Tip: a different hotel