“everrything you could expect and want in a bargain hotel, and more”
Review of West Bank Inn

West Bank Inn
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Thomasville, GA
“everrything you could expect and want in a bargain hotel, and more”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We were on the way to Charlotte, NC, to a wedding and stopped halfway, in Augusta, for the evening. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well-kept and had all the necessities for an overnight stay. It was easy access to the interstate, places to eat, convenient parking - not a destination hotel with amenities, to be sure, but possibly the best economical staying-on-the-way-to-somewhere-else motel I've ever stayed in. Really nice complimentary breakfast, too.
I would definitely recommend the West Bank Inn to travelers on a budget.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatJV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
west virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Wonderful hotel, hospitality, great pricing, very very clean. Front desk very helpful. My parents were going to be at the hotel before I arrived and I normally pay for their room. I called and asked the front desk was there anyway my parents could be in there room and I would pay when I got there. There was no problem with that, and I want to especially thank Glenda for all her help with my accomodations. She is a godsend, and I really appreciate everything the hotel and their staff did to make my stay, and my family's stay comfortable. Thanks again and God bless you.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Overall a good deal for the money compared to other hotels in the area. The best part is how clean the room and grounds are. Whomever is responsible for the grounds should get a raise. Not a cigarette butt in site and the outside was obviously picked up regularly which is not common for a motel. Compared to other hotels in this price range it blows them out of the water for Augusta. Nice and helpful staff and good location. The breakfast was simple but more than just a continental and was more that what I expected. The hot food could have been hotter though. Also, the towels were very thin and need to be replaced. Other than that a good stay and I would come back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Fremont, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I always check TripAdvisor for hotel reviews when we travel and couldn't believe a $50/night hotel was rated #1. Because we were just visiting Augusta for our son's military graduation at Fort Gordon, I didn't need much more than a room to sleep in. When the continental breakfast was listed as well as Internet access, I decided to give this cheap hotel a shot. The carpeting did seem newer in our room. The room was basic, and the towels were extremely thin ( I went to the front desk and asked for more...). The breakfast was just o.k. The donuts were stale, but they did have cooked eggs and some breakfast meats. We were able to get some basic nourishment to start our day, which was fine. The hotel seemed clean, and I'm picky. The wireless Internet worked but seemed to run slowly. There isn't much to do around Augusta, and traffic is horrible because of all the highway construction. I am highly recommending Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding, and the prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This is my second visit to the West Bank Inn. My husband had a follow up at the MCG Hospital, and since it is three hours to and from our residence, we decided to stay the night. If possible, the motel has improved! New carpet has been installed in the rooms and also a new heater. (this was needed, because when I last stayed, it was on a cold winter's night, and the heater fought to keep the room warm) As before, the room was clean, and wonderful. Both my husband and I brought our laptops, and we were cruising on the internet quite quickly! We paid 61.00 total, including tax for this room. You cannot find a nicer place for this price anywhere in Augusta. We will be coming back up the end of April sometime, and you can bet the West Bank Inn is in our schedule again! This is a hidden gem in a sea of hotels/motels in Augusta. Actually, this could quite be the best kept secret in Augusta! ;0)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GeorgiaDisneyLover
Gaffney
Reviewed March 5, 2009

This little motel is a fantastic value -- cost us $119 for two nights. Great location close to great restaurants just off I-20, very clean and comfy, efficient, fridge in room, very friendly people. Easy access to downtown. A wonderful bargain.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smitty108
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Best you can hope for when you want to spend less thant 60 bucks. Good, free breakfast and clean rooms. Also very convenient to the highway. Friendly staff... no problems at all.

• Liked — Cheap!, Clean, Friendly
  • Disliked — Exterior doors
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple