“Master's value”
Review of West Bank Inn

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Somewhat older style basic rooms, but clean with fridge, coffee pot, decent bedding, television etc. Friendly staff, modest breakfast bar, and located within walking distance to good restaurants. Appreciated being able to use their van shuttle to and from the course instead of getting out in traffic - other places that provide shuttle service were LOTS more money per night. Will make reservations here for next year.

Room Tip: Some have said that the rooms on the McDonalds side are less noisy. We did stay on that side, but di...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for West Bank Inn

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having stayed at a number of motels for the Masters I would stay here again. Friendly at check in, room clean, no moldy smells, good location with shuttle to course. A couple of lights didn't work and the pillows are wafer thin but all in all I would feel comfortable recommending this place. Naturally the rate was absurd but not out of line with others for the tournament. Can walk to bonefish, outback, carrabbas and t bonz.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Nimeshkumar P, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear SCDevsFan,

We appreciate your feedback. We will take your review about our pillows into consideration.
We are glad that you chose us for your Masters' week accommodations and we look to serving you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a basic hotel that's good enough for a trip to the masters this is it. All the rates in the city are jacked up during the week. We paid $300 night for four people. Nothing fancy but pretty clean. Breakfast is ok but McDonalds and Krispy Kreme donuts are next door. They offer pick up at the masters for free.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was the 1st time I felt tripadvisor let me down! We booked the room and received confirmation from Hotels.com, however when we got there they said they could not find the reservation. Unfortunately they did have a room available. It was cheap, but it wasn't good. The outside balcony walk took us past junk piled up in the walkways. One staircase had had yellow caution tape hanging from the railing. Then when we got to the room it wasn't horrible looking, but the smell was more than we could handle. It was like an old smoky, musty, lingering smell, the kind where I knew after 1 night everything we had would stink just like it. We couldn't stay! We ended up going down the road to the Hilton, paid twice as much, but it was totally worth it! I was pleasantly surprised at how easily they refunded our money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nimeshkumar P, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear ATBibik,

Thank you for your feed back. We apologize for all the clutter that was in the breezeways. We are currently in the process of renovating the hotel. On your particular stay, we were installing new flat screen televisions in all the rooms and painting all the stair wells. We will strive to do better next time. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We looked at the reviews, and this motel looked like just what we needed...reasonable, in a convenient location, and well reviewed.

Check in was smooth, great employee, but when we got to our room, it smelled like a whole BOTTLE of de-odorizing scent had been dropped in the carpet. It was so strong, that we left the door open for an hour to try to get it to calm down a bit. No good. It also had a strong undercurrent of cigarette smell , which is surprising, since it is supposedly a "no smoking" motel.

The smell of the de-odorizer was so strong that our sinuses became stopped up and inflamed. It actually woke us up , to some coughing, etc. If we could have, we'd have let the door open all night.

The motel is very close to the major artery in Augusta also, and loud bikes and trucks went by most of the night. Despite the fact that we brought our noisemaker (Sleep-Easy), it was not enough to mask the sound of the street. I recommend earplugs.

I do give them credit for a great breakfast. It was clean, well -stocked, and a good variety.

Room Tip: get as far toward the back as you can.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Klaproth,

Thank you for your feed back. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and breakfast. However, we apologize for the over use of the deodorizing spray. We are training a few new house keepers, so one of them must have over did it. We will do better next time.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

When I travel, there are a few things that I look for in a hotel. Is is safe? Is it clean? Is the water pressure reasonably good? Am I able to sleep comfortably? Does the internet work properly? I recognize the different between budget hotels and high end hotels and don’t expect the same amenities from the budget hotels and don’t grade them down because they aren’t provided. Given that the West Bank Inn is a budget hotel, how does it fare?

The hotel is right on the main road into the city of Augusta and close to the interstate. There are police cars up and down the road nearby frequently It seemed safe as I entered and throughout the stay. The parking lots were clean and I was able to park adjacent to my room which is always a comfort. Since this was a new location for me, I was cautious, but I did not experience anything during my stay that caused me to be concerned for my person or property. This is a motel format so room doors open directly to the exterior.

A note: if you’re entering the hotel from the interstate, you can turn directly in to the parking lot. If you are trying to enter having come from downtown, turn at the traffic light just before the hotel and enter from the rear. A left turn across Washington road is difficult.

Check in was not difficult but took a few minutes. The clerk greeted me and then engaged in a lengthy conversation with a gentleman who came out of the office – and not about me I don’t think since I didn’t understand them. Then another man came in who had apparently had trouble checking in and eventually the conversation ended and she gave me my key which seemed already to be prepared. Check out was very fast and easy. There is a continental breakfast but I didn’t have time to stop and check it out.

The room was reasonably spacious and appeared to be very clean. The carpets were dark colored but I didn’t observe any stains or dirt. I checked in some of the out-of-the-way places that sometimes are overlooked in routine cleaning and they all seemed to be well-cared for. The furniture Is low end budget hotel furniture but not broken. Refrigerator and microwave are provided and a flat screen TV, as well as iron and ironing board, and coffeemaker. Wonderfully, there were plenty of easily accessible outlets for charging phone and computer – and they were adjacent to the bed which made them very convenient.

The heating/cooling system seemed very efficient though a little difficult to balance but I was able to get the room comfortable with a little work and slept well. The bed was comfortable, the pillows a little soft. As a single traveler, the available pillows were sufficient but if I had been traveling with someone, I would have wanted to add at least one.

The bathroom area was simple but clean, with minimal amenities. The shampoo was in a dispenser on the wall of the tub-surround, and was dispensed like hand cleaner. That was new to me. I could not detect any mold anywhere. Water pressure was adequate but no more but there was plenty of hot water, even in the high use time of the morning.

The internet was fast and easy to access.

All in all, this was a very acceptable stay. My business takes me to Augusta frequently and I’m always looking for a budget place to stay. The West Bank Inn serves my needs perfectly and is located convenient to both the interstate and downtown, which was about an eight-minute trip from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nighthawk416
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I recently spent one night here. We enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff (check in and check out staff) were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had everything we needed for the night. Comfortable king size bed, roomy shower, large sink area with room to hang clothes if needed, and a flat screen tv. Our room also had a Microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot. We stayed on the side that the office is on. It was quiet and we didn't notice any traffic sounds. They offer a free breakfast and there were quite a few choices despite the small eating space. This inn is very close to the interstate and tons of restaurants. I would recommend this inn to a friend and if I return to the Augusta area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose to have a room on the office side and make a reservation if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple