“What a Gem..What a Bargin”
Review of West Bank Inn

West Bank Inn
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Newnan, Georgia
“What a Gem..What a Bargin”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is such a bargin. It is clean and in a safe neighborhood. There are many restaurants to choose from that are near by. The flower boxes make an attractive extra. We were not bothered by the street noise as others have said. We could hear others talking in next door rooms. For a single night stay you can't beat it. Breakfast was above average.

Room Tip: Reserve a ground floor room. No elevator. Call for reservations early. The night we stayed they were...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Eagan, MN
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Booked this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Awfully good value for the money - very pleasant front desk - clean and quiet, although just a bit shopworn. A bit hard to get to, but we will definitely return. Breakfast was more than adequate - and nice to know it is family-owned. Lots of restaurant options a short drive (or walk) from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David J, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that our place is a good value for your money. This property is indeed family owned and we take pride in trying our best to serve our guest. Thank you for your support. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Will stay here again on my next trip to Augusta! Jennifer was sweet and even offered to let me stay in my room until noon if I needed. Breakfast was an assortment of fruits, pancakes, breads and lots of goodies. When we arrived I had intended on going to the Krispy Kreme for breakfast. After seeing what they had, I didn't want to! Bed slept good and room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David J, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that your had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, and thank you for the nice compliment We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. If you do come back, we will get some hot doughnuts in the morning for breakfast.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Absolutely wonderful experience, Courteous considerate staff from check-in (David) to check-out (Jennifer). I arrived rather late. Maybe it was the grey hair that touched Mr. David's heart. He made sure I got a first floor room close to the front. I mentioned to Ms. Jennifer that I was waiting for a telephone call to tell me what my next stop was and I hoped it came by check-out. She told me she could give me a 12 noon check out. Wow, she took the initiative to offer. Initiative is an impressive quality in young people today. The room was sparkling clean and comfortable. No cigarette smoke or other unpleasant odors in the air. Cleaner than clean and everything worked as it was suppose to. I've stayed in more expensive hotels that that was true of. Ms. Rosa came out to water the beautiful plants along the walk and at the gazebo and was a pleasure to talk to. I am a caregiver to a 97-year-old and this was my first getaway night. I felt well cared for by this staff. I also enjoyed the breakfast items. Plan to return there my next getaway night. Thank y'all,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
djeng0007, General Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay. We believe our guests deserve good service, so we always do our best to make sure their stay are as comfortable as possible.

It is so kind of you to mention two desk clerks in your review. I will pass on your comments to them. I am sure they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to your visit again
Nashville
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I would have never booked this place without the positive reviews on TA. They were correct. Older hotel, yet extremely clean. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was standard "free breakfast" fare. Location was right off the interstate with many choices of places to eat. The only negative was the late night Karoke Night. (There were some really bad singers). It was loud as we went up to the room, but once we shut the door and turned the fan to run continuously, we couldn't hear it and slept well.
I would stay here anytime I am passing through Augusta and need a place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tntands
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We chose this motel because of its very high rating, with a large number of people raving about it. Were they friends and family? This is a regular motel, it is clean (and is this not what motels should be?), the rooms are okay but by no means luxurious, and the cars stand in front of the rooms just as they do in any chain. The 'Inn' (don't inns have restaurants and bars?) stands amid a mass of fast food joints. It is adjacent to very very noisy roads. When the people in the next room take a shower or flush a toilet, you know!
There is nothing of interest to do in the evenings, unles you like sitting in a junk-food establishment. The young lady who checked us in (we had booked via expedia, no escape) was charming. However, she can do nothing to improve the surroundings, nor can she expand the minute breakfast room that does not invite clients to linger at the four or five tiny tables.

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you can sleep through noise. In any case it is far too expensive for what is o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here two different times in May and July 2012. This was close to Fort Gordon so I could get to post in 10 minutes. Downside was no elevator and by a busy road so traffic was heavy. There are many places to eat within walking distance (Zaxby's, Red Lobster, a Steakhouse). There is a dollar movie theatre half a mile down the road. Shopping isn't far away either. The breakfast was great! Always hot items and changed daily. Variety was decent-cereals, eggs, sausage, muffins, and even biscuits and gravy one day. I had to extend my stay by a week and they could accommodate me and were very nice. Laundry facilities were on site and took quarters. Best place and close to what I needed!

• Stayed July 2012