“Nice new hotel”

Ranked #12 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Anderson, SC, United States
“Nice new hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was in town on business for the week. I stayed two nights. The hotel is new, very clean, nice layout, good location and very friendly staff. A nice fireplace in the lobby welcomes you beside the complimentary coffee. The lobby is very open for breakfast in the morning, with lots of seating spread out for a relaxing laid back experience.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We're pleased to hear how much you like our new hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Being from the Augusta area and coming home several times a month, I stumbled upon this new Hampton. I usually stay at another hotel, but decided to give this a try. The rooms are awkwardly appointed(small tv sit in corner beside window), which makes it hard for 2 people to view from the bed. The hotel seems to have been built rather cheaply as you can hear the cars go by on the highway from inside the room on the front side of the hotel(or any noise outside). I was warned by staff that the walls were paper thin as well... I got a dose of it, as I stayed one night when the hotel had a few more guests than my previous stays..Anything that goes on in an adjoining room can be heard VERY clearly. This is going to prove to be disappointing when the hotel becomes busier and to those who come and pay big money to stay during the Masters. Even though this is a Hilton brand hotel, it's not worth what they charge in room rates. I think I'll be going back to my regular hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers to avoid outside traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SugaPiesNana
Thank you for trying out our hotel and for letting us know what you thought. We value our customer's opinions and we truly thank you for being honest with us.
United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed in a large number of hotels due to business travel and I can say without hesitation the staff at the Augusta Hampton Inn was one of the best examples of customer service team work I have experienced. Every staff member reflected a positive can do, glad you are here attitude. I will choose this hotel for any travel I have in Augusta. The hotel itself was also spotless.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We're glad to hear that our hotel and staff were everything you were looking for! We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you during each of your stays.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hotel is new and beautiful. There is no market in the lobby for snacks/drinks though, only the vending machines. This was a bummer as I never have cash for those. The location was not desirable, but I did feel safe. The mall area is only 1 exit up the interstate.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our new hotel!
Richmond, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

January 17, 2014. Excellent and brand new hotel. Beds and shower was excellent. Extremely clean. We were there for a get away. The hotel has inside corridors. The staff was very nice and very professional. The housekeepers did a great job keeping us supplied with all of our needs. There was a note posted on the beds that said "the coverlets and sheets" have been cleaned for your stay." Linen was very fresh and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I attend a MLK event in Augusta every year. I usually stay at a nearby hotel. But when I discovered a new Hampton had been built, I made my reservation. I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are outstanding, and the staff is friendly and professional. I'll be back in 2015!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're glad to hear that our hotel has become your new "home" for your annual visit to Augusta!
Alma, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel to Augusta at least once a month. This hotel experience was great. The rooms were the most satisfying. The rooms were clean and the hotel atmosphere was very inviting. It was the most comfortable sleep that I have had away from home. The accomodations were pleasant and sometimes my elderly mother travels with me. The special accomodations of having her sleep on the first floor close to the breakfast bar and exercise room were a plus. Check in and check out was a breeze and I did not have to wait. I will definitely stay again when I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the glowing review and we look forward to seeing you and your mother again during your next trip.