“good food but over priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Garden City Steak & Grill
Ranked #190 of 490 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Certified Angus Steaks, Prime Rib, & Burgers in a relaxed atmosphere. Proudly family owned.
Augusta, Ga
“good food but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good food but over priced if you ask me. Should have paid about $30 less

Augusta, Georgia
“Great Steak, Awful Sides”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I visited the Snug on a Tuesday night. I had a reservation but didn't need one--the place was empty. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, and the wine list was great.

I ordered the Neptune's Cow (an 8 oz. filet with sauteed shrimp and blue crab sauce on top). The steak was incredible, and the sauce had good flavor, but the shrimp weren't totally cooked. Some of them weren't quite pink. I didn't send it back, but I didn't eat the shrimp, either. The steak was served with mashed potatoes, which were fine, and soggy frozen vegetables, which were horrible. The menu claims the steak is served with green beans, but that is not what any of our party were served.

Now, I've never worked in food service, but I would think that in a small, locally owned, nice restaurant, that if the kitchen ran out of something like fresh vegetables, someone would run to a grocery store and get some decent produce instead of serving mushy frozen junk.

The salad was OK. It was served family-style, which I dislike, but it was fresh, at least.

I was slightly embarrassed that I chose to take out-of-town guests here with the soggy vegetable issue. One of my guests even mentioned that the veggies ruined the meal. I had to agree.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A_Logan_W
“Snuggly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

When you don't want to stand in line at a mainline restaurant on Friday/Saturday night. Don't join the masses...come and feel snug and smug that you know about the Snug Tavern & Grill. Excellent service and food and you are ten paces ahead of the 'Norman Normal' diners!

Visited April 2012
Augusta, Georgia
“Good food. Restaurant could use a good cleaning!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We used to eat here ALL the time. The food is still good but a good cleaning is needed! The tile in the bathroom is filthy. We were seated at a window table and the blinds were drawn. They were so grimy they really grossed me out. We will try again in a few months to see if place has been cleaned up because we really like the food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LynnLJM
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great steaks, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've eaten here with a group of 4 guys during Master's Week in 2011 and 2012. Great food and service with reasonable prices. Recommended to me by a local. Doesn't look like they raise their prices during Masters's Week, unlike some other Augusta restaurants. Well located off the I-20 at Exit 196A. I'll be going back in 2013.

• Visited April 2012