“Good food. Restaurant could use a good cleaning!”

Garden City Steak & Grill
Ranked #191 of 491 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Certified Angus Steaks, Prime Rib, & Burgers in a relaxed atmosphere. Proudly family owned and run.
Augusta, Georgia
“Good food. Restaurant could use a good cleaning!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We used to eat here ALL the time. The food is still good but a good cleaning is needed! The tile in the bathroom is filthy. We were seated at a window table and the blinds were drawn. They were so grimy they really grossed me out. We will try again in a few months to see if place has been cleaned up because we really like the food.

1 Thank LynnLJM

Laguna Niguel, California
“Great steaks, reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've eaten here with a group of 4 guys during Master's Week in 2011 and 2012. Great food and service with reasonable prices. Recommended to me by a local. Doesn't look like they raise their prices during Masters's Week, unlike some other Augusta restaurants. Well located off the I-20 at Exit 196A. I'll be going back in 2013.

• Visited April 2012
Canandaigua
“Worst experiece in a restaurant in all my life”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We own several restaurants and believe in customer service. All I can say is that the service was the worst we have ever experienced. Unbelievably rude. I must say, the food was good, but I why bother. You can get better and with a much better experience. Too bad

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Robin D
Augusta, Georgia
“Comfortable, Consistent and Khakis Casual”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I can never decide - the prime rib, the strip, or the ribeye? All my favorites and always good. The Snug is not fancy - that's one of the reasons we like it so much - but it is a step up from "come as you are". Plan on mashed potatoes and mixed beans for your sides - that's standard. Their house salad comes in a big bowl for the table - everone gets their own choice of dressing. There are standard options if you aren't going for the steaks. The pasta with chicken and mushrooms in a gorganzola white sauce is a very yummy alternate. The wine list isn't fancy and is very well priced. Service is consistently good. This place tends to be quieter than other places around town and we come here often with friends so we can enjoy our conversation as much as our dinner.

“Come Hunger”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Huge portions, romantic, and great food. Very nice locally owned place.