Adventure Crossing - CLOSED

Needs updating!

Reviewed August 21, 2016
Joshua T
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

I have never been to an amusement park like this anywhere besides Augusta, so I can't really compare it to anything. I still thought it was dirty, small, and that it needed updating. It has gone downhill over the years and now it's like a ghost town. No one, even workers are at the outside attractions, and employees are often only found selling concessions or at the front desk. This is probably why it is closing soon.

1  Thank kateyeargain
Reviewed September 26, 2016

No one working the outdoor rides we paid for, 75% of the arcade games either broken or out of tickets, dirty. I will say at least the teenager at the front desk gave us a refund after we couldn't find anything for my 3 and 8 year old to do there.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Wanted to try out their mini golf course and the arcade area. There was no one on the course which gave me an opportunity to look around. I found out why no one was playing. There was no water pumping through the course which left a pools of nasty standing water. The plants and shrubs were overgrown which made them hang over some of the holes. The clubs given were bent and grips broken. In the arcade area, there were some new games like Fishbowl Frenzy and Down The Clown but there not much else on the new side. A few games were broken and had looked broken for awhile. Some machines that had more than one area to play in had most of them broke with no sign saying that it was broke. Down the Clown was extremely disappointing because there was only 5 balls to be thrown. It made it impossible to win the jackpot. The staff was not very attentive to these problems. Many of the staff were in the arcade just messing around. Only one or two would go add more tickets to a machine. Front desk was carrying on personal conversations and not really attending to customers. In general, they need to fix the machines in the arcade and get new ones. And the mini golf either needs to be renovated or just in general torn down.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

If Disneyland is "The Happiest Place on Earth" then this must be the "saddest". At one time, under a different name, this was actually a pretty nice little amusement park and arcade. Now half of the arcade games d not work and overall the property and attractions are not kept up. The staff is mostly high school kids who are paying more attention to their phones than to customers. Arcade area had an odd smell. Starting to attract more of a ghetto crowd because place looks pretty ghetto now.

1  Thank nickowens365
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Read the reviews but decided to take our 7 and 5 year old boys to expend some energy. They were excited to drive the go carts. Could not find coupons as another reviewer suggested. Walked into the building and walked to a girl behind the desk who was on her phone. Had to greet her first and inquire about any specials. Paid around 42$ for an hour of outside carts which included 50 game coins each. Had to ask for the boys to be measured. Was then told one could ride the junior carts and the other could drive if I'm also accompanying to the bigger track. Walked outside and to the large track. Two teen employees were at the line which had no one else waiting (one kept spitting on the ground and the other was concerned about going into the ac for a drink, later saw him inside playing games). Didn't even acknowledge us there and one could not answer questions and said the other would know. Stood for about 5-10 minutes then decided to engage them with questions. Was then told that my older boy was too short to drive (by a couple inches) so he could only ride with me while the 5 year old waited by himself. I then walked to the smaller track which I was told he can move to. The girl there then said the older boy could not ride because he was a tad too tall. By that time half hour had gone by. The boys settled to ride the coaster but then..... Was told the coaster had a broken chain. Which left the carousel. Decided to go in and just waste the game coins on the few scant video game machines. From what I observed, the young staff all seem disengaged and are all concerned with either riding themselves, playing games or just snacking instead of ensuring an experience for patrons. Basically an hour of video games for 42$.

Reviewed April 18, 2016

First off let me say the people at the establishment were top notch. I know they did their best to make our visit wonderful.

We purchased go carts by the hour for each child. Only 4 out of 6 actually rode as two were denied. Management handled it by giving us tokens for approximately the same cost and they played games and had a good time. My husband only rode once and would have liked to ride more but the double carts vs the single carts make it almost impossible to ride more then once in an hour. I think the number of carts needs to be equal or something to make the line move faster.

Too many games were broken or out of order or worked improperly.

One ticket counter makes for a long wait to get a prize. This MUST be improved. Not fair to the staff or the customer. We stood in line for over an hour to get one prize. One cheap flimsy prize I might add. Not too much available for little kids who might only get 100 tickets or so. This too must be improved.

Facilities lacked cleanliness and needed a rejuvenation, ie painting and updating.

1  Thank cynthia l
Truth T, Owner at Adventure Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that there were some issues with your visit. I will try to address them 1 by 1.
We are limited by Georgia law how many carts we can run at one time. We have 46 carts and yes, sometimes there is a wait for to ride.
With the arcade games, we never have more than one or two that are out of service. However, they do go down occasionally during the day due to the abuse from children using them. There is literally nothing that we can do other than fix them when this occurs. Otherwise, we would have to police every single game and that would not be very much fun. We are not an arcade...it is just part of our offerings.
Regardless, you were frustrated and I apologize. I am the new owner and we will address every issue and fix any issue as they arise.

Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

This used to be a much better place when it was funsville. I'll start by saying that the mini golf was fun and in decent shape, it ends there. All the water features are drained, so not much to look at while waiting your turn to putt. The entire place needs a remodel and upgrades. 50% of the arcade games just ate our tokens, batting cages didnt work so dont waste your money there. Go karts look like they are 20 years old and run bad. I wont be bringing my kids here again. Staff was friendly but very young and more into hanging out rather than helping. Simply a shell of what it used to be. Disappointing at best.

1  Thank jbradfo87
Truth T, Owner at Adventure Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

It sounds like we did not do a very good job on your visit. If you will contact me by email, I am happy to arrange a return trip for you. My email is mm.brown7@hotmail.com.

-Michael Brown, Owner

Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

I had been here YEARS ago when the main room had a giant indoor climbing playspace and a lot more to do -- I do not know when they took that out and stripped down the arcade to less games.

We normally go to Chuck E Cheese but decided to try Adventure Crossing today. (We will not be going back to Adventure Crossing.) I was surprised upon walking in at the lack of indoor games (and playspace) and the total lack of customer service when we were at the payment counter. (The empty parking lot was too good to be true as it turned out as Chuck E Cheese was over-packed today.)

We bought "one hour of unlimited outdoor activities" ($16 x 2 kids) and 50 tokens (for $10.) Like other reviewers have stated, the outdoor attractions are rundown, everything needs a coat of cheery paint (carosel horses have no tails, manes or intact reins) and the teenage employees had to follow us from attraction to attraction because there weren't enough staff people on duty. (We actually felt bad for them as they were nice kids.)

Mom note: The only shade for kids and adults watching the others ride the kiddie rides outside is under the big go-cart waiting area (not near the mini carts or little kid rides) or under the awning of the main building -- neither are great spots in relation to kiddie rides.

Regular size go-carts and putt putt are NOT included in the $16 pass. (Thought I could take our 6-year-old on the 2 passenger go-cart but I would have had to buy tickets to do so.) Kids must be 46" for the mini go-carts. And, personally, I advise them to be taller.

It is not worth the money or lost tokens (there are no staff people around to give you a replacement token or fix the jammed ticket dispensers.)

You are better off Googling Chuck E Cheese coupons and going there instead for a lot less money and stress.

Wow! It sounds like you just may be a Chuck E Cheese fan! I am sorry that your visit was not great. There are too many inaccuracies to address in your comment. I am happy to discuss with you in private. MY email address is mm.brown7@hotmail.com

Reviewed May 18, 2015

Went there with a decent size group of adults. We had planned on blowing off some steam and having some fun on go-karts and/or mini golf. There weren't a bunch of people there so it was easy to get on the kart tracks and no wait on the mini golf at all so that was nice. The karts were in decent shape but a couple people in the group had their karts sputter out or just only go maybe half speed. The ride length was good and the course itself was fun and provided for passing areas. Both courses were the same in that regard, but both had rough carts. The mini golf course was OK but the tee mats were all jacked up and some of the holes had bad carpeting areas. All the water areas had been drained around the course and we were there at night and the lighting was basically non-existent so you couldn't see much at all. Didn't play the laser tag or the any of the arcade games so cant speak to them. The prices for the unlimited outdoor activities seemed fair especially since you can start the golf right at the last minute.

Truth T, Owner at Adventure Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2016

Come take a look at our upgrades! I purchased the property in April 2015 and have worked hard at re-furbing the arcade, mini golf and most of the facilities. We are on our way!

Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

I went to adventure crossing with my school and they told the teacher when he called a couple weeks before that they would give us 3 hours for 15 dollars as a discount for having so many kids going but when we got there they told us that they could not give us more then a hour and when our teacher asked for the manger he/she refused to come out and talk to our teacher and because there were other groups there we would not and could not do anything we wanted to in that time because there were so many kids there and we would run out of time before we could ride or play on any thing so they wasted our time and we will not be going back

I am sorry that your trip was ruined. There is no conceivable way to only charge $15 for 3 hours of entertainment. I personally explained that to your teacher. I am sad that you and other members of your group decided to air your grievance publicly when I made every effort to make things right.
It is not your fault and I am sorry that you had to endure the experience. However, I tried my very best to make things right with your teacher.