“The epitome of everything you need, made simple and fun!”

Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent one night at this hotel for a necessary trip with our 11-month-old baby. We checked in at 11pm - easy, breezy, very NICE front desk agent. And left at 9:30am the next morning after enjoying the heck out of our self-serve breakfast downstairs. This short stay (10 hours) made an unbelievable impression on us. We were blown away by how clean, bright, efficient and spacious our standard suite was. Everything you could possibly need was provided - especially in the kitchen (a toaster?!).

We both travel for work and have the opportunity to stay in luxury hotels across the US. And this is the hotel we have been daydreaming about returning to as a family. It was just such a special night away and morning together with every convenience, a few treats we didn't have time to enjoy (putting green!? Grills in the courtyard!? Fire pits!?) and no hassels!!

Easy in and out and very affordable! We honestly can't wait to return and stay longer! And Home2 Suites by Hilton may just be my new brand-of-choice!

• Stayed: April 2014
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

You must work in marketing because I don't think I could have written a better review. I am so happy to hear that we rank so highly in your eyes especially against the amount of travel and time you are able to spend in luxury hotels.

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My first stay was perfect. My second week I was put in a different class of room without being notified of the change. Was just told they were booked and the clerk did not know why my room type was changed. I rolled with it, but then the next morning I discovered the shower had not been cleaned, nor was it cleaned when I returned that evening from my day at the office. I advised the front desk clerk (excellent customer service skills on her part) that I would like to speak with the manager. The manager called me after her business hours and was apologetic and gracious in her offer to make amends. She went above and beyond and I praise her for her excellent customer service. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

We don't profess to be perfect but we certainly strive to be. The true test of customer service is how someone reacts when something is not perfect as in this case. I am happy to hear that the front desk person exceeded your expectations on how the problem was handled. Now on to that goal of perfection!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 pets. Very comfortable! Bright, clean room, very well laid out..plenty of desk and storage space. King sized bed was comfy..even the pups liked it. Breakfast was continental but plentiful...staff was helpful and courteous. Dog walking area was close by and huge. Small kitchen but complete with everything you might need. Nice pool area complete with barbq grills. And something I've never seen in a hotel..a chair/lift that swings out to the water for the handicapped. Very nice! All in all, A little pricey but good value.
if you travel with pets, it's a good stop if you don't mind the $75.00 one time fee.

Room Tip: Pet friendly.. $75.00 one time fee.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Gone are the days that people want to stay in places that feel like dark rustic lodges. Long live vibrant colors, natural light and upbeat atmospheres!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed for one night this last week and my stay was great.

Check-n was quick and easy. My room was on the third floor and everything looked new and clean. The bed was comfy but had only foam pillows. I went to the front desk and they promptly found me two feature pillows that were perfect.

Overall I would rate this a great stay. My only issue was that the internet seemed pretty slow both in my room and in the lobby.

1  Thank gregbooras
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

I don't think I have seen many people who have wrote as many reviews as you have. It is obvious that you truly travel using TripAdvisor as a guide which makes us feel special that you chose us. I am surprised that found the internet to be subpar. We have a fiber optic line to make sure we have some of the best internet around. I will have our maintenance person take a look at the system and see if we have any node's that are malfunctioning. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I visit this hotel every year during Masters week. Even though the price is steep, it is very close to Augusta National GC. Rooms are very comfortable and complete with utensils and high speed internet. The staff is very accomodating and they have a reliable shuttle to take you around town.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the 2014 Masters. We can't wait to see you again in 2015!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night during Masters week on a Diamond points award. The hotel is very close to Augusta National and downtown Augusta. The property is new and the rooms were in good shape. The complimentary breakfast is a good-sized spread, and Diamond members are given chits to use for complimentary snacks and beverages.

Unfortunately we had a poor experience at check in. We were given a room, but upon entering we discovered another guest's belongings. We were then given a second room, and once again, a guest was already in there. Finally we were given a third room that was actually empty. The GM offered to refund the points used for the stay, which was a welcome and unsolicited gesture, but as of a week later the points have not been credited to my account.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Let me start off by sincerely apologizing again for the mistake with your room assignment. We had a new staff member acting as our 3rd front desk clerk when we usually only have one. After your mishap, I immediately made some operational changes to ensure there would be no other mistakes made throughout the week. Lawanda Pugh, Operations Manager, has already applied to have the points credited to your account. That process usually takes two-three weeks for Hilton to process the credit.

I am happy to hear that you did find the hotel and the facilities worthy of your Diamond membership during the Masters and hope to have you back next year.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from a Home2Suites since this was my first stay with the brand. I am a diamond member of HHonors so I see a lot of hiltons and hilton garden inns. This surpassed most hiltons and every hilton garden I've stayed in. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF went above and beyond to make sure my family and I were happy. We went for the Masters 2014 Wednesday through Sunday and I would highly recommend this property for anyone going to Augusta for business or The Masters.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you so much for entrusting us with your stay during what many consider to be at the top of their "Bucket List" Everyone here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton enjoy the Masters just as much as the patrons. We love interacting with you and the other guests during our catered breakfasts, evening socials and around the fire pit outside where the cash bar is. Please come back and stay with us next year!