“Great stay!”

Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was traveling for business and had a terrible time finding a room due to the clean-up from the ice/snow storm in the area. I contacted this motel by phone to see if they had any cancellations because they were showing no rooms available. They had one handicap-accessible room available per receptionist and I told her I would call back. Unfortunately they had already booked the room when I called. However not long after they had another cancellation and were courteous enough to give me a call back and see if I still needed a room even though I did not leave my contact information. Very considerate and courteous of the staff! When I arrived around midnight, I was greeted by friendly, helpful staff and check-in was a breeze. My room was nice, large, clean, fresh and the beds are excellent. This is a new property but it's the management that makes it great! I needed milk through the night and the staff provided it with no issues and no charge. (Don't everyone go there asking for free milk but just note that the staff is very helpful! The breakfast was great! Thankful that they have added the hot items to the menu.....overall I would definitely stay again but only when they are able to honor the government rate. Even though I paid over per diem, it was still a great stay and well worth it. One last thing, I complimented them for being number one on Tripadvisor and the receptionist smiled proudly and said "Thank you we are trying our best to keep it!" ....my response to her is, "It shows, keep up the good work!"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for writing such a kind review. I love the fact that the front desk associate scrolled through the caller-id looking for your phone number. Our team is just so proud of this hotel and they exude it in all that they do.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went to Augusta for a soccer tournament and stayed at Home2. It was great. Friendly staff. Nice place. Still has that new car feel. Will definitely stay again if I find myself in Augusta again. The breakfast was above par. The beds were comfy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your team. I hope they played well!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is located in an area of Augusta that is under-served for hotel choices. Many area restaurants to choose from and very convient to downtown as well as county locations. Pricing is in line with other hotels in Augusta that offer this level of comfort and is not an Interstate hotel (thankfully)!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

SSHHH. Don't tell other investors that putting another hotel in the older, lesser part of town because that is where everyone else is at, is a bad thing. We enjoy having the nicest, freshest and newest part of Augusta all to ourselves. :-)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed here at least 1 night each month over the past 3 months. Great friendly staff who go out of their way to make you happy. It's a pain that you can't GPS the address and I would say that is the only issue.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for being a repeat guest. Hopefully we will be on the next GPS update. In the mean time, anyone can put in 3638 Walton Way Extension and that will bring them right to the entrance to the road we built and set the hotel on.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent hotel and excellent staff!!! We had an ice storm in Augusta, Ga which cause us to lose power in our home. The staff at Home 2 by Hilton welcomed us with open arms and treated us just like family. Every person we came in contact with was extremely friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean and the the kitchen area in the room was a BIG plus. The largely space room could sleep 6 people comfortably with no problem. I definitely look forward to going back there and encountering the beautiful outside atomsphere.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We are so happy that we were able to give you some sense of peace during that ice storm. It seems like everyone in Augusta is going to be cleaning up for months.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our many stays have convinced us that thew staff at this hotel are truly "World Class". From the moment one walks through the door for check-in until time for check-out, the staff makes it perfectly clear that you as their guest are the most important person in "their world".

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. We do strive to deliver the best stay possible and I am happy to see your experience is alignment with our attitudes and philosophies.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

So I expected to see animals gone wild, but either they were all asleep or pets don't travel through the week, because i saw none. It was probably my imagination that when I opened my room door, it sort of smelled like a dog had been there, but Im sure it was because I KNEW it was pet friendly...and in all actuality there might have been... its allowed!
But anyhoo, I ran into a few problems immediately, a malfunction with my TV and a constant beeping noise that I had no idea where it was coming from. That would have earned a lower rating but they have this little sign on the desk that reminds you of the "W" mission, to serve you whenever, whatever....so the sign gives you a number to text for whatever you need, anything it states...so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised to receive a text back right away...literally like 2 seconds. Then after explaining my problem, they texted that they will send someone up. I expected this would take all night, but again...there was a knock at my door in 2 minutes. It was the lady from the front desk and she fixed both problems immediately.
The room is spacious and awesome for a business traveler with all the desk space and outlets everywhere. The only thing I could have asked for is lotion, but otherwise I was happy!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

As hard as we try, we know that everything will not be perfect at all times. What we do stress to each other is: although we cannot prevent every problem we can control how fast we react to it. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our texting service. In this day and age, it seems that most people would rather text than talk so we try to make all communication as easy as possible.