“excellent stay for a quick business trip”

Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is a pretty new hotel - your GPS may be off on guiding you there.

Front desk staff was nice- even though I checked in late a night. Rooms are a nice size, with full size fridge. My room was quiet (was on the 1st floor, closer to one of the exit doors).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We built the road that we are located on, so for all of us who haven't read a map in years and don't go anywhere without our GPS's it can be a little difficult. In the future you can use 3638 Walton Way Extension, Augusta GA 30909 That will bring you to the front entrance of the road where you can see the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very clean, quiet and efficient. Great room design and setup for guests. We will look for this motel again on our travels. It was located away from the main road which was great. The location was easy to get to and convenient to other things. The security was good and always visible. The room design was very organized and streamlined for several people. The kitchen was well equipped with necessities for cooking, cleaning and preparing foods.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

The new room design is something that we are very proud of and something that Hilton spent a good deal of time and effort on. If you have seen one or experienced it, you should!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family of six stayed here for 6 nights, while waiting to close on our house. We were thoroughly impressed by the cleanliness, amenities, and friendliness of the staff. There is a more than adequate continental breakfast that my family never tired of. Great job Hilton!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I hope you are enjoying the new house! If you have any family or friends coming in we would love to serve them as well.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here. Staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was not the greatest but it had enough selection to find something for everyone. Everything was clean and the room smelled nice and fresh. Would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I understand your concern about the breakfast. Although many people enjoy our breakfast, some are looking for what you would find at a Embassy Suites or such. We are a new brand (just 18 open) and we are still working on the best breakfast fit for us. We hope to have a revamp in place by the end of September so please come back and try us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visit Augusta several times a year to visit family. Several properties in the area are beginning to show their age, so we were happy to have a new choice. I have stayed at other Home2 properties and this one did not disappoint. We found the beds and pillows very comfortable; very large bathroom with nice towels. We stayed in the larger, one bedroom suite, which has a distinct sitting room, kitchen and dining table.

This brand emphasizes its 'green' image, so it may not be for everyone. Personally, I enjoyed the shower despite 'low pressure flow' and do not mind if the room is not vacuumed daily. We stayed for a long weekend and received fresh towels. One thing I had forgotten to bring was hand lotion, which is not provided.

Even though I am a member of Gold's gym (which is conveniently located across the street from the property), I was able to keep up my daily workout quite nicely at the hotel's fitness center - which is quite bright, cheerful, has all the basics and the TV's work.

Breakfast is included - just the basics, but again, just fine for me. Greek yogurt was unexpected and nice. Good coffee - even the decaf.

I also like that there is a lot of seating in the lobby, as well as at the outdoor fire-pit. I didn't use the pool but those who were in it, seemed to be enjoying it.

Others mentioned a problem with theft from cars; my sense is that this sort of crime is a problem in Augusta, generally, which may be experiencing new 'big city' problems as it has been growing tremendously - but mostly with retail or other lower-paid jobs.

Others did not mention the location, which is convenient in terms of shopping, places to eat and the highway - although a little tough for an out-of-towner to find. :) Just use your GPS.

I would definitely stay again and recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. Room was very nice, quiet - including the air condi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am so happy to see that you mentioned our fire pit. I think that area of the hotel is one of the most unique and relaxing environments in the hotel. I often see guests out there working and or mingling while sitting around the fire. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Truly like coming home! Nice building, even nicer staff. They even shipped me my computer when I forgot it at checkout. When my wife left all her jewelry, they put it in the safe until our return.Out favorite hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I love stories like this. What is even better is that I was out of the office last week and that staff did it without any direction from management. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was an excellent Home2 property. But having our vehicle broken into and tools and fishing rods and a tackle box stolen out of it was extremely disappointing. I thought it was a safe area, but now I will have to think twice before returning despite the outstanding staff and quality of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about the theft of items from your vehicle. It is sad to say that in today's world staying at a beautiful, new hotel in the "nice" part of town will not gaurantee the safety of items left in sight of people who wish to do harm or steal.

Augusta is a great town and I hope that the acts of a few people doesn't taint your view of our friendly and safe town.