“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
world wide
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

New, clean and comfortable. Good value. for money. Good high speed wireless included in the room price. Don't stay in a room above the pool if possible due to noise. Took a while to get a room change.Walking distance to shops in the area and restaurants-mostly chain type. Convenient for a few nights in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I apologize about the noise from the pool area. Being that we have a salt water pool with a great outdoor patio surrounded by a 6' high privacy wall we tend to have more guests utilize the pool area than you would see in more normal pool by the parking lot hotels.

I hope you will stay with us again, next time on the other side or on a higher floor. :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is very "green". There is even an electric charge station in the parking lot.
The room was just beautiful, large and roomy enough for a small family. The fitness room was good, and their complimentary breakfast and all day coffee was a plus. We slept like a rocks-the beds and pillows are amazing!!!
NEW NEW NEW
Our hostess stayed on the phone with us for approximately 5 minutes-helping us navigate the streets to the hotel!!!! GPS does not recognize this amazing hotel-good thing for me!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yes we are Green. Home2 Suites is at the forefront of good stewardship of our communities and the environment. From our carpets and chairs that are made of recycled materials to more healthy style breakfast Home2 Suites understands that our society in general are more in tune with their impact.
Conyers, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I must say that I highly recommend this hotel. The bright colors in the lobby were very cheerful and inviting. There was a fire pit with seating outside in front of the hotel to enjoy some social time. There were grills out back by the pool. The suite was very clean and comfortable. There were shampoo/body wash dispensers in the shower which I thoroughly enjoyed. We were in town for a funeral and were allowed a late checkout so that we could come back and change afterwards. If I had the time, I would have stayed an additional night. Loved it!

1 Thank Dejee M
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your first stay with us was for unfortunate reasons. I am however happy that your time in the hotel was pleasent. We look forwad to having you back.
Lumberton, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Overall satisfied with our stay. The people are awesome and resolved a check in issue quickly. The facilities are new and very nice. The pool is clean with a large area for young children and non-swimmers. Grills near the pool are great for larger groups. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms well suited for up to 6 people. The fire pit out front next to a small putting green is great for visiting with coworkers or family. Bathrooms are small with only a walk in shower. The breakfast leaves something to be desired and was the only draw back.

1 Thank Paul G
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
It seems that you enjoyed nearly every aspect of your stay. As a new brand there will always be some growing pains and like you mentioned our main focus now is the breakfast. We hope to have a few new items on our breakfast bar very soon to better bridge the gap between what guests have had in the past and our more healthy alternatives. Sometimes change comes too fast...
Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member for 5 1/2 years and stay in Hilton hotels all over the United States. I was excited to find this new Home 2 Hilton chain and booked only one night to "test the waters." The ammenties were excellent and room wonderful. My ruined vacation occurred upon check out when I realized I left my wedding rings on the desk next to the TV in the bedroom (I am absolutely sure). We returned to the hotel approx 4 hours after check out to recover the wedding rings. Cleaning staff claim they never saw the wedding rings --- which I find hard to believe!!! Spoke with desk clerk, housekeeping and called police to report a theft. Please enjoy your stay; but don't leave anything of value in the room; the employees are NOT to be trusted! Totally Upset!!!

1 Thank Lisaclark425
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
It must be a horrible feeling to have lost something so precious to you. I can assure you that no one has ever been accused of theft before in this hotel. Having been in the hotel industry for 10+ years now, I can't tell you how many times a guest has lost something very valuable to them, immediately thought someone on the hotel staff stole it, and later on found it hidden in their luggage, a shoe, tolietry bag, glove compartment etc. I even had one guest hide and forget their jewelry in the dishwasher. I do hope that you find it but in the meantime we will continue to look for you as well.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I like this Hilton concept. I have stayed at others and thought this was going to be another great stay. I was wrong! When I checked in I think the woman's kids who were with mom at work were on the shared computers in the lobby. They were actually very well behaved but I think it threw me off.

My room was right next to the elevator but that didn't bother me. What bothered me were the kids outside in the pool past 10pm and the lady who was on the phone right outside my door yelling at someone on the phone. I found a rogue hair in the shower that wasn't mine in the soap holder.

The best part of the room was the bed. It was clean and very comfortable. I really liked that the sheets weren't super stiff. The tv had a lot of premium channels and the wifi was fast enough for me to FaceTime with my family which never happens in hotels.

My suggestion: if you are staying longer than a night here, get some ear plugs! I have noise canceling ear buds I used in the middle of the night.

• Stayed July 2013
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for you candid feedback. I assure you that if you or anyone else sees kids on lobby computers they are children of guests in the hotel not of the staff. Although we do try to help our staff and their sometime difficult child care situations, we would never allow them to intrude upon our paying guests amenities. I am sorry that our other guests were not as quite and considerate of the people around them. Please don't hesistate to call down to the front desk if your personal space is ever intruded upon again.

I have also spoken with the housekeeping staff about the rogue hair and expressed to them the importance of a perfect room each and every time a new guest checks in.

I hope that you give us another chance in the future.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you haven't stayed at a Home2 Suites yet you haven't experienced the evolution of the Hotel. The modern studio format of the Hotel lends itself to quality time in the room, or on the go. Great stay. Enjoy the outdoor fire-pit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Chris P
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. You are right, we are on the forefront of where hotels will be going in the future. Keep staying with us and continue to be part of the evolution!