“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am always happy with the Hilton but this one was superb. I had to travel on urgent business and had no time to make a reservation, look for cheap rates, or anything...just got in the car and drove from Florida to Augusta, Georgia. I found some sketchy hotels at another exit and a Holiday Inn, but I vowed to never stay in anything associated with them based on a problem with Candlewood Suites on one of my last trips (NIGHTMARE that my brother had already warned me about but I didn't listen....ugh...I should have). Anyway, I happened to find this by accident. It was a hidden gem in the back of a nice shopping center and residential area. This hotel featured all suites in a modern style hotel. First of all, it was 4am when I checked in and I wasn't sure they could accommodate me. The building was secure so I was unable to enter (which is an awesome feature when you are traveling alone). The front desk attendant answered my call right away. It took less than 5 minutes to get me checked in which was great, because I was exhausted. The lady was really really nice as was all the staff that I encountered. She offered WITHOUT me asking ...a late checkout. I declined at first, but once I got into that comfortable bed, I called and she accommodated me with the late checkout. The hotel smelled clean. I don't know if my room had ever even been slept in. The bed was super comfortable and felt like my bed at home. I have a down featherbed and down pillows. I LOVED that there was a shade that you could pull down to keep the sunlight out. It helped me to sleep longer. Big screened TV. Beautifully decorated with a lot of options for lighting. The couch pulled out into a bed....not that I needed it but it would be a great room for a family of 4 and there would still be room if you needed to add a crib. Very specious. Had a kitchen that was CLEAN...and you had the option to get a burner from downstairs if you wanted to cook. There were stainless steel appliances and ergonomically correct chair for the desk. There was wireless internet and you could use an Ethernet cable as well if you wanted. Apples were always available if you needed a snack. Coffee was provided in the room and a host of other dishes. I love that the bathroom had more than enough towels that were plush!! I love that the soap and shampoo were provided on the wall as opposed to the little samples. It's easier to get out of the dispenser than those little bottles. There was a little ottoman and a cute lil closet area with an iron and ironing board. I loved that it still had the hair dryer but it was out of the way. :) I NEVER hard anyone else. The hotel was very quiet and I know there were other guests there. I couldn't hear through the walls or the floor. I loved having the continental breakfast bar and the ability to sit and listen to the other guests. The attendant was very helpful as well. I got my wakeup call right on time. No one disturbed my sleep. The morning front desk lady said that she loves the hotel too. I felt very comfortable there and if I come to the area again, I would certainly stay here again. Great job Hilton!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. This Hotel was opened in March according to the front desk lady. The guy wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
You are a brave person to come into town at 4:00 a.m. and then start looking for a hotel. I am happy to hear that the front desk person tried to anticipate your needs by offering that late checkout and I can understand you changing your mind once you slipped into bed. Those sheets are heavenly. Hopefully your next trip is not so spur of the moment and you are able to spend a little more time with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wanted to be sure the hotel I stayed in was clean and quiet. This brand new modern hotel did the job. The room layout of the King flat was plenty of space and did not feel like being in a hotel room, but rather an small apartment. I was impressed by the bathroom fixtures, television and finishes. The hotel was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the interstate and highway. I felt it was in a safe location and well lit. The air conditioner kept the temperature steadily comfortable and was not loud. I will be on the lookout for more of these hotels by Hilton in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I am so glad you loved the hotel. We only have 17 open around the country as of this posting but they are building them as fast as they can!
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Imagine moving in into a furnished, newly constructed home......that's how it felt like staying here. It's clean, fresh, trendy, and cozy. We had a very pleasant stay. Staff is nice. Good location as well. Only other place that can beat this is if they had the same ambiance and offer it cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I just came back from visiting my old hotel (which is really only 5 years old) and the number one thing I noticed was that this new hotel, Home2 Suites by Hilton, is so much brighter. The open spaces, bright colors and overall feel is much more energetic.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Really like the colors and cleanliness of hotel. Microfiber sheets were really comfortable. Like having a kitchen in the room but didn't stay long enough to use it. The continental breakfast.The thermostat control in the room worked very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

The comfort of the sheets is probably the thing that surprises our guests the most. Sheets tend to be sheets at most major brands but somehow Hilton's design department was able to find a set of sheets that must be felt.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Very comfortable beds, clean and spacious. Every detail in the room is attended to. Great for business travelers or families. I love the fact that the room can accomedate larger families with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, as a father of a large family having the option for two queen beds and pull out couch and corresponding privacy curtain is very convienent. Not to mention the shear size of the room itself.
Park City, UT, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Home2Suites is a nice medium quality hotel. I think it compares nicely with the studio rooms found at places like Marriott's Residence Inn's. Beds were comfortable, and the kitchenettes were nicely appointed. There is not cooktop, but portable ones were available at the front desk. Rooms were reasonably spacious. The morning breakfast was decent, but don't expect to find things like scrambled eggs & bacon. The exercise room looked decent, although we did not get a chance to use it this trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. Décor was bright and everything appeared spotlessly clean. The hotel was a bit on the pricey side for a town like Augusta, GA, with rooms coming in at $132 per night. (and up).

Thank Robert M. C
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for giving Home2 Suites a try. You are exactly right in saying that we are positioned right along side Residence Inn's. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and product for this level of hotel. We don't pretend to be a Ritz Carlton but we know we can wow anyone looking for a hotel without a full bar and restaurant.

I promise to not take offense to the "Town like Augusta" comment. :-) At $132 you actually received a pretty good deal. Normally during the week the rates for Hilton and Marriott products run between $149 and $179.
Chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel - the bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Staff was really helpful/friendly and the pool was also great - with a 3 year old, it was nice to have the shallow end for him. Only issue was the clock in the room - didn't work! Not a huge issue, but couldn't look at it for time/use it to wake up; fortunately we just used our phones. Someone did try and fix it, but it stopped working again about an hour after it was fixed. We were travelling with 2 kids and it worked out fine - no noise issues, nice to have the curtain to separate the king bed from the fold-out for my 3 year old. We didn't use the kitchen except for the fridge, but it was nice to have. Location is also great - lots of restaurants around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your alarm clock. We will have it replaced immediately. When I first saw the curtain that divided the king bed from the rest of the room I was a little skeptical about its ability to effectively divide the room. However, just like you once I stayed in the hotel myself and tried it out,I found that it did make me feel like I was in a different room. A nice touch. We look forward to having you and your family back in the future.