“New, Modern, Chic”

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Georgia
“New, Modern, Chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Imagine moving in into a furnished, newly constructed home......that's how it felt like staying here. It's clean, fresh, trendy, and cozy. We had a very pleasant stay. Staff is nice. Good location as well. Only other place that can beat this is if they had the same ambiance and offer it cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I just came back from visiting my old hotel (which is really only 5 years old) and the number one thing I noticed was that this new hotel, Home2 Suites by Hilton, is so much brighter. The open spaces, bright colors and overall feel is much more energetic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Really like the colors and cleanliness of hotel. Microfiber sheets were really comfortable. Like having a kitchen in the room but didn't stay long enough to use it. The continental breakfast.The thermostat control in the room worked very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

The comfort of the sheets is probably the thing that surprises our guests the most. Sheets tend to be sheets at most major brands but somehow Hilton's design department was able to find a set of sheets that must be felt.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Very comfortable beds, clean and spacious. Every detail in the room is attended to. Great for business travelers or families. I love the fact that the room can accomedate larger families with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, as a father of a large family having the option for two queen beds and pull out couch and corresponding privacy curtain is very convienent. Not to mention the shear size of the room itself.
Park City, UT, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Home2Suites is a nice medium quality hotel. I think it compares nicely with the studio rooms found at places like Marriott's Residence Inn's. Beds were comfortable, and the kitchenettes were nicely appointed. There is not cooktop, but portable ones were available at the front desk. Rooms were reasonably spacious. The morning breakfast was decent, but don't expect to find things like scrambled eggs & bacon. The exercise room looked decent, although we did not get a chance to use it this trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. Décor was bright and everything appeared spotlessly clean. The hotel was a bit on the pricey side for a town like Augusta, GA, with rooms coming in at $132 per night. (and up).

Thank Robert M. C
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for giving Home2 Suites a try. You are exactly right in saying that we are positioned right along side Residence Inn's. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and product for this level of hotel. We don't pretend to be a Ritz Carlton but we know we can wow anyone looking for a hotel without a full bar and restaurant.

I promise to not take offense to the "Town like Augusta" comment. :-) At $132 you actually received a pretty good deal. Normally during the week the rates for Hilton and Marriott products run between $149 and $179.
Chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel - the bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Staff was really helpful/friendly and the pool was also great - with a 3 year old, it was nice to have the shallow end for him. Only issue was the clock in the room - didn't work! Not a huge issue, but couldn't look at it for time/use it to wake up; fortunately we just used our phones. Someone did try and fix it, but it stopped working again about an hour after it was fixed. We were travelling with 2 kids and it worked out fine - no noise issues, nice to have the curtain to separate the king bed from the fold-out for my 3 year old. We didn't use the kitchen except for the fridge, but it was nice to have. Location is also great - lots of restaurants around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your alarm clock. We will have it replaced immediately. When I first saw the curtain that divided the king bed from the rest of the room I was a little skeptical about its ability to effectively divide the room. However, just like you once I stayed in the hotel myself and tried it out,I found that it did make me feel like I was in a different room. A nice touch. We look forward to having you and your family back in the future.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel has everything you need as a business traveler. The rooms are more spacious that the usual hotel and the in-room kitchen with dishes and silverware makes the salesman's take out dinner much nicer. The furniture is set up to easily and COMFORTABLY work in your room. Can see that the room would be great for personal travel, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Impressing the road warrior is what we are all about. We know that you're probably a member of all the major chain's reward systems and that you see a lot of hotels throughout the course of a year. We hope that you have found a new home when traveling to Augusta. Some place where you can expect great service, an immaculate room and friendly faces who remember you.
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The problem that my family had was with the check in/out staff. When I made the reservations the gentleman worked very hard to find a great rate for us. He stated that we qualified for the AARP rate of $99.00 per night. When we checked in I wasn't given a copy of my reservation or charges, but I just figured that I would get it at checkout. The second night of the trip I requested a larger room with two televisions. The clerk was happy to do it and stated that our rate would increased by about $23.00. Again this was no problem. At checkout time when the clerk handed me the bill, it stated that I was charged $129.00 per night. I asked her what happened to the $99.00 rate and she said that it never existed. I then stated that if it never existed then why did the clerk that upgraded our room stated that the rate would increase from $99.00 to an extra $23.00. She said that she had no idea and showing no interest at all stated that she would talk to the staff member that made our reservations and find out why he gave us those rates. I have not heard from her since. This wasn't a lot of money, but it was the principle of the matter. At least act like you care.The hotel was beautiful, but this kind of put a damper on the trip for me. I've never made reservations and had this problem to occur. This taught me to always bring along my notes when I make my reservations.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms with the living room, kitchen and two televisions are awesome.