“Great Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was the best stay I have ever had in a Hotel. This place exceeded my expectations in almost every way. First and foremost you walk in and are greeted by the nicest lay out ever. This lobby was inviting exciting and just great. Being down there for the reason I was, the decor was uplifting and just great. So to the person who complained about the decor. You are sad sad person please leave this planet.
The staff was excellent! My family's every need was met. From extra pillows, blankets, to dinner suggestions, to where we needed to go. They were willing to answer every question and I was warmly greeted every time I walked by and helped in every way possible.
The room was excellent. The divider curtain was great and helped give all of us a little privacy in the evening when settling down. I even loved the shampoo and soup dispenser which were painfully obvious in the shower. Again person who couldn't see them, i'm sorry you were busy being mad at the world. I was excited they weren't wasting plastic and the planet on little shampoos that I take and always throw away. The kitchen was amazing with plates silverware and all I needed so that we cook cook in our room. Again why would you be upset at that? unless you were lonely and hate yourself. There was even a dishwasher! So I didn't have to wash dishes! How great is that?
There was also a very nice outdoor pool and a GRILL area. They had free grills, nice ones and grill tools for me. The staff told me all I needed to bring was the food. If i would have had more time I would have been cooking out.
My only, only complaint was the free breakfast. It was lame sorry. I know it was continental. But I feel like with all the other things this place has to offer, you should go the whole 10 yards and do a full breakfast. My family said it was good, I'm just not a grain, cereal and toast for breakfast kind of person. No worries though i found Gary's grill or whatever it was called in the gas station and had by far the best, made from scratch bacon egg and cheese biscuit I have ever had. So that made my day, I got over the lack of breakfast. The coffee was great and always available so plus points for that.
So all in all great trip, thank you for providing such a wonderful place to stay while I had to be there for less then desirable reasons. To the person that gave a bad review. Please don't stay here again, I don't want to risk not having a room available on a future booking because you're sad and alone in a room I could have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I am so glad you loved the hotel as much as we do! We are very fortunate to have the best staff in town. Having people who want to come to their place of work in the service industry is the difference between a guest having an OK experience and having a GREAT experience. Your comments about the breakfast have been noted and sent to Hilton corporate. Being such a new brand we are still evolving and tailoring our brand to meet your needs. As we speak they are already beta testing additional breakfast products in a couple test hotels. We look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here only one night, but were greatly impressed with our stay. The free food in the evening and the breakfast were of good quality and variety. The rooms were bright, clean and attractive. The high ceilings and light colors made the room feel bigger than actual. Very nice HDTV and kitchen. We stayed on the first floor and it was very quiet. We never heard any noise from our next door or upstairs neighbors. The staff was among some of the most hospitable we have ever encountered. We would plan to stay here again when we come back to Augusta. I am rating the value avg. for this particular trip, but otherwise would be good. Prices were increased because we were there for the Master's. ($550)per night. But, I guess that's to be expected for a major international sporting event.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I know $550 was a substantial amount to pay but like you said, "It was the Masters" Thank you for giving such a brand new brand (only 15 open in the US) and a new property (opened March 8th) a shot. I hope we have converted you to Home2 fans and look forward to having you back next year.
Birmingham
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. It was during Masters week and the staff didn't miss a beat. The rooms are very different from the standard hotel room. They have the feel of being in IKEA. Not bad, just different. I will being staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you during the Master's. With rates approaching $700.00 per night, I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay and would return which I hope you do!
Moselle, Mississippi
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We took a long weekend trip to Augusta and chose to stay at this new hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised! The hotel has only been open for 1 week, but the reception from the staff seemed like they were a very seasoned team. Great Southern Hospitality from the moment we arrived. The lobby and reception area are very nicely appointed and then when we made our way to our suites, the decor and comfort were abundant. Very spacious suites with full size refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves and a full array of dishware. If we had wanted, we wouldn't have had to leave the suite. The front desk recommended a day trip for one of our days to visit the River Walk. Had a great time. Even though it was just a bit cool, they have an outdoor heated pool which our granddaughter used on one afternoon while we were there. Good, healthy breakfasts each morning were included with the rate. On the morning we were checking out, we were pleasantly greeted by the Assistant Manager to check on our stay. We will definitely stay at this hotel again and will highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob55197
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
One convert at a time. That is how we (Home2 Suites by Hilton) are going to take the hotel industry by storm. We are so proud of this new product as you saw from the faces and personalities of our whole staff. We hope to have you back soon!
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great new Hilton property. I stay with Hilton everywhere and this new concept is awesome! I will for sure stay at these again. Also the staff is very upbeat and nice. I would for sure recommend this place if you have not tried one.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank duke p
Thank you so much for giving our new property a try. I know that you have many "safe" choices in the area and appreciate your sense of adventure in trying something new. Now go tell your friends that we are new to the area and a whole new exciting brand!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a brand new hotel, so it is very clean and new. However, it is ironic that it supposed to be a "home away from home," as there is nothing homey about it. The rooms are very cold and sterile- very little art or ambiance of any kind. I didn't like being there even for one night, and the thought of staying there for an extended time was depressing. It is trying to be hip, but misses what people need in a hotel, which is comfort.

It seemed to be full of things I didn't need, and lacking in the things that I did need. For instance, there is a microwave large enough to roast a turkey (seriously) but no lotion, conditioner or face soap. So, although I could have prepared a Thanksgiving dinner in my room, I was unable to wash my hair, as it never even occurred to me that conditioner would not be provided.

The breakfast area is equally cold and uninviting. There are no individual tables, but rather one long table that everyone shares. Sort of like a lunch counter. There is very little offered for breakfast- It is not a hot breakfast, but "continental." I also found it hard to locate the things I needed to eat, like a knife.

I think HIlton has totally missed the mark on this one. I don't know who the target market is supposed to be, but the only human I thought this concept might appeal to was male business travelers who are happy as long as they have a big TV. Being a female business traveler, it offered me nothing, and I would not stay here again. As a mother, I did not think it worked for families either.

The rooms are relatively expensive for this category of hotel ($149 in my case), and provide very little for this price. Comparatively, the Hampton Inn is much cheaper and offers much, much more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank beachlovers40
I am so sorry to hear that we did not make a convert out of you on your first stay. As with many things in life, change is not always easy to accept. With the Home2 Suites, Hilton has decided to move away from the dark woods and cabin feel that has been prevelant for a while. Instead our hotel is filled with vibrant colors that give an airy, moving sense about the rooms and public space. I think you may have been a little flustered by the bulk dispensing shower jel and shampoo in the shower area(a nod to our eco-friendly design) and missed the bar of soap next to the bathroom sink.

If you do choose(and I hope you do) to stay with us again, please remember that although we do have a high table(made out of recycled quartz) that sits 20 you are more than free to sit at any of other separate tables in the room for a little more privacy.

We hope to see you again!