“Nice atmosphere and good food”

Whiskey Bar Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 491 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Augusta,Ga
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went with friends before a concert. Everyone were very satisfied with there order. I ordered one of there Burgers and was very good. Atmosphere is great. Worth a visit.

Augusta, Georgia
“Great new spot downtown”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The owners, who are part owners of the popular Metro Coffeehouse next, have knocked it out of the park with WBK. We eat there on a regular basis and have never had a bad experience.The food, from the specialty burgers to the Japanese specialties, is fresh and delicious, in a word outstanding. The place gets packed at times, but we have never had to wait, maybe because we don't mind sitting at the bar. They have a great selection of whiskies and beers and the best Happy Hour in town, as in Ketel One, Buffalo Trace, and numerous others at half price. Augusta has needed a place like this downtown for a long time--good for couples, family, and a business luncheon.

Evans, Georgia
“Burger heaven!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went to celebrate a co-workers birthday during lunch. Heard the burgers were good and they were! I order the chili cheese and was delighted that the cheese was pimento cheese, what a treat. Even though the bun looked good, I ate the burger with my fork by itself. The sweet potato fries were also good. Very friendly waitress. We informed her we were on an hour lunch break and she was quick with our service and prompt with our ticket, got back to work on time.

• Visited February 2013
Waynesboro, Georgia
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My daughter (who knows where the good food is and writes a blog about it) took me to the Whiskey Bar for lunch a few days ago. She said their hamburgers were excellent. Did I mention she knows where the good food is? Playing it safe, I ordered a "plain" burger with a side of waffle fries. The burger comes with lettuce, tomato and onion on the side, so you can add it or not. When the very nice server set it in front of me, I was surprised to see the burger had some dark sauce on it. Hmmm...not sure about this and I didn't ask for sauce. Stuck my pinky in there and tasted it---holy cow, it was fantastic! Not really a barbecue sauce, but darker and richer with an unbelievable flavor. The burgers are made from fresh beef and were done to perfection. Service was faster than I expected, the server was friendly and polite. They have a fully stocked bar with stools, as well as tables with high benches and footrests--which I really appreciated because I'd been dealing with a pinched nerve in my back and getting up and down was uncomfortable. No problem with these seats. The menu is not very extensive but I'm sure there is something there to satisfy just about every taste. Prices are on the high end of average but the burger was thick, the serving of fries was huge and, as far as I'm concerned, worth every penny. I have most definitely found a new favorite place for a top-of-the-line burger.

North Augusta, South Carolina
“Meh.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that eating out on Sunday's in downtown Augusta requires an act of God. For some reason, the restaurants downtown don't want to open on Sunday or Monday. Since Eros and Farmhaus were not available, we decided to give this one a shot. First, the atmosphere is excellent, so at least they got that going for them. The seaweed salad and chicken nuggets were actually very good. They also have a nice selection of sauces to choose from. That's where my praise ends. Our burgers (chili cheese and teriyaki) were decent, and the sweet potato fries were good. Our service however was sub par. I always think it is a bad idea to have food runners b/ c then the server has a hard time judging when to stop by and ask how everything is. In our case, the sever never came by to check on the appetizers, and only heard what we thought about the entrees when we flagged him down. Even then, he never actually asked. Since it is a newer place, I'll give them a few months and try back again, but I was not impressed this time.