Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch
$71
ComfortSuites
$99
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn Medical Center Area(Augusta)(Great Value!)
$42
$48
$139
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I've stayed at Microtel Inn's in the past and it is usually a good budget hotel but this one was an exception. We noticed a sign on the reception desk that warned us that the hotel was smoke-free and if your room smelled like smoke upon check-out that we would be charged a $250 fee. We are non-smokers so we were actually quite pleased to find out it was a smoke-free hotel. We went up to our room and upon entering we were hit in the face with the smell of smoke! Cigarette burns even on the ice bucket tray! We were exhausted from our trip but couldn't risk being charged the fee so we asked to be transferred to another room. The 2nd room smelled much better but the door security guard was broken and then we noticed even the deadbolt wasn't securing the door. By this point we were too tired to once again change rooms so we just booby-trapped the door and went to sleep. The shower was an interesting feat. It did not lack water pressure in fact it was like having needles poked into you. Could not adjust the shower head so needless to say it was a short painful shower. Water sprayed all over the small bathroom because the shower curtain was being blown by the water pressure. The only good thing to report on this hotel was that the hotel staff was courteous and the free wireless internet worked.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I stayed for a week in April '09. The rom was billed directly to my company so I don't know about rates. It was Masters week, so it was probably inflated. The first night I was in a room that had been smoked in, despite the hotel being smoke free. It also had no safe and the phone was missing buttons. I moved the next with no hassles. The new room was just right except for the cable connection which needed to be replaced. Small fridge, microwave, safe, free calls, free wifi and ethernet connections. ac/heat worked well and the fan portion runs constantly which, to me, is good. There's beer and snack every p.m. in the lobby and continental breakfast. There's a pool but didn't use it. Washer/Dryer available. I didn't have any issues with the cleanliness of the hotel, as others have mentioned. Front desk help was courteous. Fitness room is very small and shouldn't even be claimed. There's computer to use in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I travel often and have stayed in many hotels but this one is the worst in several catagories....very dirty and run down....dont stay here unless you bring your bug spray, and even that might not work!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank russellsfriii
Microtel R, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your input. Clearly, we were not doing a very good job when you stayed with us a few years ago. We can assure you that things have changed for the better here at Microtel.

Today, we triple-check the cleanliness of our rooms. We have security on site and a friendly and accommodating staff as well as relaxing atmosphere. If you give us another chance, you will see a difference.

Thank you again for your input.

Reviewed September 29, 2007

I began staying at this hotel several years ago when it was new and it was the first of this brand I had stayed in. The positive experience AT THE TIME made me a Microtel customer. Generally my experiences here have been at least average but have been slowly deteriorating until my last trip, which was terrible. I was booked into an already assigned room, then into one that was not clean and after initial cleaning, was not recleaned or stocked the remainder of my visit. The shower did not work properly. One morning I could not exit the hotel by the front door because they were washing the sidewalk at checkout time. The nearest fire door to my room was blocked and broken. It appears that nothing has been done to this hotel since it was built and it has gradually deteriorated. I will have to find another place to stay on my frequent trips to Augusta.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nighthawk416

You had an unfortunate experience during your stay with us. Today we are confident we are better and stronger than ever before. We have a smart and talented staff in room service and at the front desk. We have a reliable and very experienced maintenance man. We have routine preventative maintenance every Sunday and Thursday. We schedule our services for maintenance at times that work around our guests making them feel comfortable and appreciated. Choose us again and you will see a difference.

Reviewed July 29, 2007

This hotel is dirty to say the least. The price was the only good thing about it. My son woke up to bitting ants in his bed. The room was not clean. Bathroon had hair mold and dirt. The carpet smelled and the sheets were not changed one time during our 5 night stay! Oh and the hallways also smelled and had mold growing on the carpet.

Stayed: July 2007
Microtel R, Guest Service Agent - Kamaka Davis at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Clearly, you had an unpleasant stay with us in 2007. Today, we would like to assure you that are our property is clean and well-kept. My team and I take pride in our property and try to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible. We do vacant room check during every shift. And, every Sunday and Thursday we take preventative measures to ensure our rooms are spotless.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you give us another chance.