Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #68 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Just recently stayed there a few days ago...rooms are clean, friendly staff. I think they are doing a good job. I would recommend this hotel to people visiting the Augusta area or any type of visit. A++

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony J
Eric T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us during your business trip! I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Please come visit us again!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the beginning of November. It was an all around good stay. I had a double room. It was very clean. The customer service was great. Trey went above and beyond to make sure I had everything that I needed as far as directions and such. The only thing it really needs are new tvs

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for staying with us, I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience. We pride ourselves in our attentive and courteous staff members. I will be sure to pass along your message to Trey. I will also make a note about our TVs to include in future plans as we renovate our interiors.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked my stay through Expedia to stay 4 nights, the day before. Arrived around 11 pm, after a 12 hour drive. Lugged my stuff up to the second floor where my room was at the very end of the hall. The room was not clean--I mean bed unmade, dirty towels on the floor; it seemed as if someone had just taken a shower. I was really disgusted. The front desk person was very apologetic and gave me another room. Room appeared clean (but I still spray everything with Lysol) and had a Jacuzzi tub in the room. That was nice; I used it that night. I guess housekeeping was paid by the minute because when I refused to get out of bed around 10 am the next day, no one bothered to do anything in the room after that until the last day they made up the bed. They did bring a towel one other day I was there. If you don't mind occasional housekeeping, than you probably be ok staying there. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

First off, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Augusta. I apologize for the inconvenient and unpleasant experience you had upon your arrival. I'm glad our courteous staff was able to rectify the situation. Please feel free to ask for me if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Good stay but had to ask for towels because only one was in bathroom even though the day before it was full. The bed was not fully made and housekeeping did not but pillowcases on the pillows. I stayed there a total of 4 nights and had to ask for towels twice because housekeeping only left one towel and two people occupied the room. I came in really late at night on Saturday November 2 and when I used my entry card to gain enty to the front desk. The front desk clerk had her friends there socializing in front of her, hanging out. The front desk clerk's friends the male in particular was rude to me and my paying guest as we passed by them to reach the elevator saying horrible insults about us. Wow...I never expected this from your business. For our safety we quickly got into the elevator. That is my review.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Eric T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We do apologize for the below standard service provided to you by our housekeeping staff. Your feedback is highly appreciated and we have since addressed this with housekeeping insuring your next stay with us is 100% satisfactory. For the incident you experienced in the lobby upon your late return back to the hotel we also sincerely regret. The men who acted rudely towards you were actually guests of the hotel. The front desk agent immediately addressed the men explaining such behavior was wrong and unacceptable. We do hope you will accept our sincerest apologies and let us accommodate you the next time you are in the Augusta area. We will offer you a great room at a great rate with a promise for a much more positive stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Recently I had to stay here for a funeral service. The staff here was wonderful. Tammy took the extra time we needed to make our stay like home away from home. The entire staff was very accommodating when it came to printing out directions for the funeral home and to my cousins house where our family was. I highly recommend this hotel for any stay in this area. I will continue to stay there everytime we go to Augusta for any reason! The only thing I would change is maybe some scrambled eggs and bacon on the breakfast bar! :)

Warmest Regards
Barbara A. NeSmith

Room Tip: I may request a suite on my next stay because they are larger.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Eric T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review and taking the time to mention our courteous and helpful staff. I'm so glad Tammy was able to take care of your needs during what must have been a difficult time for your family. I will also make a note of your suggestion to keep in mind when we make changes to our breakfast service in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Eric T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Reviewed October 25, 2013