“Good stay for business only”

Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I had business on Ft. Gordon and stayed at the Hampton Inn on Jimmie Dyess Hwy for 2 nights in late Oct 2010. Check in was quick, not a whole lot of business in the early evening when I checked in. The room was clean and adequate with 2 queen beds. The air conditioner was loud, but effective. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room which was nice. One thing - they had old TVs with 25 in. picture tubes - time to update, Hampton Inn. And the bathroom was clean and adequate. The hotel is pretty convenient to Ft. Gordon (about 2-3 miles down Jimmie Dyess Hwy) and about 1-2 miles from the main restaurants. The breakfast was excellent! Hot and cold, full course. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank LivinginSanAntonio

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and I decided to stay here again. My stay was not awful. My problems were the service and the hotel cost. I arrived and asked for a list of restaurants that delivered. She told me "we don't have any takeout menus or know of any restaurants that deliver." C'mon we all know that every hotel has a stack of menus from restaurants that deliver. She was too lazy to open a drawer and hand me a few menus. It was kind of expensive for a September stay.

The room and bedding were clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jooksing
Reviewed July 26, 2010

2 rooms, 4 children, 4 adults, 3 days, for a State Swim meet. Rooms were very clean, housekeeping staff was very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was more than we expected (egg with cheese, bacon, sausage, turkey sausage) and included muffins, fruit, etc.-great for hungry swimmers. Staff kept bfast area clean and well stocked. Microwave, mini-fridge in every room which was great for reheating food for the swimmers. Close to Ft. Gordon and easy access to the interstate. The rooms were a little smaller than expected but we did have a lot of kids. The clean hotel and service outweighed the smaller rooms. Free parking and Wi-Fi. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

stayed at the hotel for 5 nights while visiting my husband stationed in Ft Gordon. Great location to the base, straight shot on Jimmy Dyess Parkway, no turns, takes you straight to the main gate (distance is about 3 miles)
rooms are spacious, we even asked for a room with 2 beds, as we could sleep on one (their queen beds are very large), and use second bed for extra space... with king bed i think you get less space...
breakfast included in room rate, hot and cold items at the buffet
right above the breakfast sitting area there is a fan that is blowing straight down, so it was very cold every time we attended breakfast, but that might be just a personal preference
nice front desk staff, although sometimes i wish they were a little bit more efficient, when called front desk they never said their names, so i always had to ask who i am speaking to
the safe in our room did not work, the maintenence person checked and said it needed battery...we were leaving the room and did not want anyone in there without our absence. and the staff never asked what was the best time for them come back to fix the safe, so it never got fixed
the hotel has inside pool, really nice; although when there were families with children it will get really loud and splashy due to the small space
they let us use the pool at the hotel next door, their pool was outside; we were also allowed to use the washing machines for the guests at the hotel next door
close by is a very nice august mall, i think its just less then 4 miles or so, gas station right within same plaza where the hotel was, some diner across the hotel, although we never ate there.
i would recemmend the hotel to have some preprinted directions to most frequently asked about places. everyt time we asked about the places, the staff had to look it up online and search and print, and that took some time...
also close by is august downtown, although there is not really anything to do there. atlanta is 2.30 hours away.
internet connection was awesome and complimentary, parking was free.
very loud AC unit in our room, had to turn it off at night to be able to sleep. it was somewhat cold weather so we were ok without AC, but I cant imagine staying at the hotel without AC in summer
they have free bottled water in fitness center, which we always stocked up on during the stay. the room had fridge and microwave and coffee maker.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yam1978
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My family and I came into town for a wedding. We had a large group and many rooms reserved. The hotel looked nice and what I expected for a Hampton Inn. A few of us came in early for a ladies' luncheon. We wanted to change into our nicer clothes and asked the front desk clerk if a room was available for us to check in early. We did not know if the hotel was full or if a clean room was available and there is no harm in asking. The young lady had less hospitality than my 10 year old nephew. Luckily, another relative had spent the night, so we used her room to change. When I pulled the sheets back to go to bed that night, I realized all the pillows were feather. I cannot sleep on feathers or wear down of any sort. I run into this problem occasionally (rarely now) but hotels usually have hypoallergenic pillows either in the closet or tucked away somewhere for people like me. I called the front desk and asked if I could get a non-feather pillow. He informed me that they do not have extra pillows. Then he said the pillows on the bed are hypoallergenic and not feathered. I second guessed myself and checked the pillows again. I know what feathers feel like and I know without a doubt that the pillows in our room were feathered. So, for $100 I got to spend the night with no pillow.

The next morning, I went down for the breakfast. It was good. I have had better and I have had much worse. I thought the selection was okay if you like carbs.

Parking was not great and getting out of the parking lot to get back to the expressway was dangerous.

It was not a horrible stay and the rooms were quiet, but I will choose another hotel next time I am in Augusta. I just wanted a pillow that wouldn't cause me to have an asthma attack.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed for three nights on a business trip. The rooms were extra spacious, and very clean. Having to travel a lot and spend 60% of my year in hotels, I demand clean rooms- no matter the brand or type of hotel. You could tell that the cleaning staff at this hotel was well trained. Everything was clean, and even no dust on the lampshades next to the beds. The beds were comfortable and slightly on the firm side, but comfortable with clean, crisp linens. The staff was exceptionally friendly, and I can not say enough about the included breakfast. It was more than I expected, from cold selections like yogurt and muffins, to hot omelets and waffles. All very fresh, and staffed with two people who we constantly refilling and cleaning up the area. The hotel was well maintained, and a gem. I did not use the pool, which was small and outside, but I did spend some time watching the flat screen tv in the lobby, and filling up on breakfast each morning. Complimentary newspapers were provided. Free parking. Would definitely stay here again for efficency and convenient business, and thankful for the super-clean room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank KollegeKlubMadison
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stayed during Masters week and had a great experience. Super friendly staff with excellent service. Was stuck in a smoking room that was nearly unbearable but I knew that when I booked the room and dealt with it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple