“Construction and lack of consideration”

Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Montevallo, Alabama
“Construction and lack of consideration”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn with an athletic team preparing for a championship event. Reservations were made a week in advance but when we arrived the day before the start of our tournament we discovered major renovations underway. Jackhammers chopped up the lobby for our first two days, making it impossible to actually rest. When I spoke with the managers to express my frustration their response was, "not my fault - we only found out last week that this would be happening". When asked why, since they knew about the planned construction for a week, when I made my reservations for 12 rooms, 3 nights, why didn't they tell me that jackhammers would be tearing through the lobby and shaking the entire hotel the management didn't seem to have an answer. They showed no concern for the happiness of their guests but were quick to cash our check. In all the years that I have travelled with groups I have never been so disappointed with a particular hotel. I would not stay with this facility again. The most amusing part of the stay, in hindsight, was that the managers asked me as I checked in, to make sure that my team would be quiet during our stay so we would not disrupt any other guests!

Room Tip: Choose another facility
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our property. As you stated we are undergoing renovations and we apologize for the inconveniences that they caused. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience and we want you to know that we truly apologize for this situation. We hope you will come visit us in the future, we would love another chance to provide a great stay for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Holly Springs
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This Hampton Inn, like all others, was pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Alll the areas we visited in the hotel were clean and uncluttered. We picked a rather quiet weekend so we also reaped the benefits. All in all it was easy to find, parking was well lit and there is ample amenities around it. We travel almost every weekend from September-mid March for travel sports with our kids so we like the consistency that Hilton's Hampton Inns provide. Our only complaint with this Hampton is that the beds were a bit too firm for both my son and I--we both tossed and turned all night!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope that next time you're in town for a sporting event you will stay with us again.
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and the staff has always been friendly and accommodating. This a typical Hampton Inn and it is recently completing a refresh. The staff was very nice while here calling me and asking me if I mind moving my room as they would be doing work on the room next to me and below me and didn't want me to be disturbed. That to me is great customer service. The put me in a studio suite which was recently refreshed. The hotel has these new plugs on the tables next to the beds with plugs and usb to charge items. It really is a nice new minor addition. Yes the parking is not optimal by any stretch but this hotel meets my needs when I have to come to Augusta. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We're so pleased to hear how much you enjoy our hotel. We hope that you will continue to stay with us and please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to further better your stay!
Varnell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This Hampton is very nice and clean. The desk clerk was not very helpful and was rude at times. We did not receive the room we reserved. We have stayed here before and faced the same rude desk clerk. I am very surprised she has remained on the staff.

Room Tip: Be very specific as to what type of room you want.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. However, poor service is not typical at our location and we will take the steps necessary to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area again.
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Right now this place going through remodel everything here stinks like paint and everything is displaced, rooms had very old furniture with lot of scratches on it .

This place has very odd parking is on sides of building where you can not see your car.

Right now I put this place at avarage not sure if I stay in future.

• Stayed December 2012
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel during your recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience that our ongoing construction may have caused you but we assue you that we are nearing the end of this period and our hotel will be like new in no time! We hope that you will consider staying with us again when we are through with our remodel.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was like any other hampton inn. The staff was not very good or honest. I reserved a second room for a cowork and then cancelled it the day before with one of the front desk staff. She never gave me a confirmation number and I was then charged for the night because she didn t cancel it. Then after being there 2 weeks i checked out a day early and was charged another night because i left 2 shirts in the closet and they said i didn t leave so they couldn t rent the room. I checked out, they should have cleaned the room and mailed my shirts to me instead of charging me $145. I am fighting these charges with hilton because the assistant manager and general manager would not refund those incorrect charges.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. When a guest makes a reservation at our hotel, it is our policy to hold that room and reservation all night and not re-rent the room. It appears you did not cancel the reservation. As for being charged an extra day, if you checked out at the front desk, your receipt would be sufficient proof that you had in fact notified us that you had left. However, it appears you left the hotel without notifying us, and without removing all your belongings. In this case, we had no reason to believe you had left. Please contact me at megan@newportgroupinc.com, and provide me with a copy of the receipt you received when you checked out at the desk, and I will resolve your issues.
ROSEDALE, MARYLAND
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After traveling over 600 miles from down south, the hotel was a welome sight- after finding it. It was dark when we arrived and passed the hotel because of a dimly lit sign out front and the hotel sitting back and sideways off the main road. When pulling up to check in, we found that the parking was terrible, with some of it out of the way with an inconvenient walk. The side parking area parallel to the main road was very dark, because of little or no lighting, and very small. The back parking lot is located on a lower ground level, and in, what is a secluded place, ripe for an auto burglary or personal attack from someone. We didn't plan on unloading everything from the vehicle that night, but because of the parking situation, we thought it would be better if we did. The only somewhat comfortable place to park is, on the hill, on the road in front of the check-in area, but that only has room for about 5 cars, and with cars racing up and down this road, being sideswiped is a possibility. The check-in was smooth and courteous. The room was an automatic upgrade to a large suite with a sofa. The extra large room was most welcomed, especially after being cramped in a vehicle for so many miles. The beds were very, very comfortable. The biggest problem was that both sink drains would barely drain. It's a wonder that housekeeping didn't report those obvious problems when they cleaned the sinks. I, however, reported them during check-out. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn, breakfast menu. Food was hot, tasty and abundant. The orange juice did seem as if there was a problem with the mix. It was sort of thick and had a very strong. undiluited orange taste. We also needed to change tables twice because the tables wobbeled, as did a couple of chairs. All in all, it was a real good place to stay, but the parking is somewhat to be desired. Had I not have a reservation and traveled so may miles, for so long- because of the parking concerns, I would have looked for another place to stay. However, the comfortable room accomodations and enjoyable breakfast, made the stay a good choice, overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay went! We apologize for your issues with the sinks and we assure you that management has been made aware. We also apologize for the parking issues. We hope to see you again next time you're passing through Augusta.