“Happily Pleased”

Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had a wonderful time at this property and love the breakfast. I love that it was down the street from the base, about a 5 min drive. The one thing they need to change is the parking. There is probably ten spaces, so you will have to park along the street and in the waffle house parking lot. Its no big problem. The rooms are big, have a flat screens, fridges, microwaves, and the beds are comfortable. The staff at the hotel is GREAT!!!, Very pleasant and eager to please.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We apologize for the parking issues and we hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience. We're pleased to hear that everything else was to your liking and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My stay at the hampton was wonderful, this was my first time staying in the augusta area and I must say I was very pleased and I am looking forward to staying again. I was accompanied by my husband but the staff was great, I was greated by the front desk clerk named monique and she was great, she was very helpful with the directions, as well as giving me information on some great places to eat. She also upgraded my room considering that I am a silver member to a king studio and the room was just amazing. Two thumbs up to such a great staff, the stay was great and I am looking forward to staying again!

Room Tip: Keep up the good work
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

We're pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs during your recent stay with us here in Augusta. We strive to be the best hotel around. We look forward to seeing you again soon and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is every anything we can do to make you stay with us even better.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I felt this Hampton was up to the standards of most others I stay at. However, the parking situation is simply unacceptable. Whoever signed off on this parking disaster should consider another career. That being said, the room was fine. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and breakfast area was up to standards. Without the parking issue, I think the property was just as good as most other Hamptons.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

First we want to thank you for staying with and for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We do apologize for the parking issues and we are actively working on a fix for this. We're pleased to hear that everything else was up to your standards as an obviously frequent Hampton guest and we do hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Beds were comfortable and the linens clean and upgraded. Love having the four pillows. Flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge were also nice.
Carpets were clean but the whole room had a musty smell. I usually shut the air off because it is so dry but had to leave it on because of the musty smell and feel in my room.
I did like the free wifi which worked the entire time - can't say that everywhere.

Bring your bathingsuit - the pool is great but the workout room is the size of a closet. They don't have a water fountain in the workout room but they do have a small cooler with bottled water but it isn't filled on a regular basis.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here with us. We pride ourself on being up to Hilton standards and we are very pleased to hear that you did not have any major issues while staying with us. We also want to assure you that per your comment, we will also be sure to keep our water stocked in our fitness area. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

This Hampton Inn was ok, but not what I would typically expect, certainly for the price. There is no parking near the access area, and the rooms showed evidence of lots of wear and tear. Beds were comfortable and the lobby and breakfast were very nice. Hotel personnel were far too casual - no one wore nametags or what appeared to be uniforms so you had to guess if they worked there, and the lobby desk was often unmanned. When you did encounter staff they were friendly and helpful. I would stay again, but given the less expensive competition in the area the price should be about $20 lower for the product you get. I would certainly shop around before I returned.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We want to assure you that we use all comments and suggestions to better our hotel and we will use everything you have made us aware of to train our staff. We also want to take this time to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have come across during your stay and we hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I'm generally comfortable in Hampton Inns--you get a good bed (here included) and a good bathroom, and a decent breakfast. I got all that here, but I agree with other reviewers that the parking could be much better. There's little space dedicated solely to the hotel. This place is fine, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us! We apologize for the inconvienence of the parking lot and we hope that this will not hinder your decision to stay with us in the futre. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I visit Augusta pretty regularly and have struggled to find a hotel that I want to return to.

The room was nice though the maintenance staff should be chastised - safe in the closet that wouldn't close unless locked, caulk in the bathtub that totally missed the corners.

For the most part the staff should also be replaced. The one front desk staff girl couldn't look up from her paper (while leaning on the counter) to answer my question; the Manager's reception "Hostess" was flat out rude and upset when you ask her for a drink that would cause her to get up from her chair.

This hotel needs to be upgraded as well. The back door from the overflow parking (see other reviews) did not open with the room key. The HVAC system in the room was so loud that I had to turn the TV up to 50 just to hear it!

I won't be back. I'll probably just go back to staying in Aiken from now on.

• Stayed: November 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

First of all we just want to thank you for your comments and assure you that we use all comments and suggestions as a way to better our hotel. We strive to please our guests and hope that your suggestions will enable us to continue to do so in the future. We apologize for any inconvienences that you came across during your stay and hope that you will give us another shot and stay with us next time you are in Augusta.

Thank You.