“Not up to Hampton Standards”

Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
“Not up to Hampton Standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I visit Augusta pretty regularly and have struggled to find a hotel that I want to return to.

The room was nice though the maintenance staff should be chastised - safe in the closet that wouldn't close unless locked, caulk in the bathtub that totally missed the corners.

For the most part the staff should also be replaced. The one front desk staff girl couldn't look up from her paper (while leaning on the counter) to answer my question; the Manager's reception "Hostess" was flat out rude and upset when you ask her for a drink that would cause her to get up from her chair.

This hotel needs to be upgraded as well. The back door from the overflow parking (see other reviews) did not open with the room key. The HVAC system in the room was so loud that I had to turn the TV up to 50 just to hear it!

I won't be back. I'll probably just go back to staying in Aiken from now on.

• Stayed November 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
First of all we just want to thank you for your comments and assure you that we use all comments and suggestions as a way to better our hotel. We strive to please our guests and hope that your suggestions will enable us to continue to do so in the future. We apologize for any inconvienences that you came across during your stay and hope that you will give us another shot and stay with us next time you are in Augusta.

Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have enjoyed my stay here at the Hampton Inn in West Augusta.

Our room was clean, the beds were comfy, Housekeeping and the Front Desk were courteous and had no problems assisting me with anything that I needed.

The only complaints that I did have about this hotel was the parking situation was bad, as I parked in the Waffle House parking lot the first night (thankfully I didn't get towed) and then had to park way out in the middle of nowhere, behind the hotel, next to a conference center.

And the Internet which is provided by AT&T WiFi (Formerly Wayport), was extremely slow, the average speed of my connections was 250kbps. My 3G Blackberry through Verizon got better speeds than that while in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We're glad that we were able to accomodate most of your needs. We also want to apologize for your slight Inconveniences and assure you that we are in the process of working on these issues. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will come stay with us again next time you are in town.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Property not bad, clean. Barrooms could use updating and parking is limited.

Service by front desk staff was poor. I entered through the front door 5 or 6 times and no one ever said hello, nope not even when I checked in. It almost seemed like I was a bother.

• Stayed September 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
We are extremely disappointed that you were not happy with you recent stay and we want to assure you that we will use your comments constructively to better our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write us and we do hope that next time you are in town you will stay with us again.

Thank You!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

This hotel sits in a cluster of moderate-to-low priced hotels on the west side of Augusta right off I-20. Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was that parking was haphazard with the lots adjacent to the hotel rather small and irregularly shaped. Many were parking on the curb of the side street next to the hotel or the lots of adjacent properties. The front desk said that was "OK, but don't use the Waffle House lot."

My room was right next to the elevator shaft but fortunately, I heard absolutely no noise from the elevators. The room had some cleanliness issues, with mildew starting to appear in the bathtub and some stains on the carpet. The bathroom was showing some wear.

The room (a "standard king") had a fridge, microwave and, unusual for a Hampton, a safe. I don't know if there is a charge for using the safe as I didn't try. There is free wired and wireless internet but the wired (which is usually better) speeds slowed to a crawl in the evenings. There is a flat screen TV with a good selection (50-ish) of basic cable channels but none of them are hi-def or widescreen.

The breakfast was pretty decent with pre-made eggs, bacon or sausage and make-yourself waffles for hot items along with the usual cereal and breads.

Overall, this hotel is OK if you get it for a good price. I wouldn't pay a premium to stay here, however.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know your concerns about our hotel, and we want to ensure you that we are constantly making changes to our hotel. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in town!

Thank You!
Statesville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

While in Augusta on business, had to change hotels due to some less than suitable accomodations. Ended up here on a last minute journey and was pleasantly suprised. I booked a king jacuzzi suite. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room well maintained. The whirlpool was great, just wish it had been in the main room like some other chains rather than in the bathroom. The suite included a kitchenette which was nice but was unused due to the one night length of my stay. The breakfast area was amazing and was one of the better areas i've seen in the chain, with many pastries as well as hot food options. Would definitely reccommend this to anyone looking for an overnight stay

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel in Augusta, GA. We're pleased that we were able to accomodate your needs and that everything went smoothly with your stay. We hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Augusta.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The staff was exceedingly friendly and the breakfast was good. In fact, everything was great except for the beds. They felt cheap and very old. The mattress was so light in weight that it almost slid off the bed every time we sat down on it. They were not supportive at all which left me with a backache the next morning. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns in the last few years and have always sought them out in my travels because of the comfy beds, but I was very disappointed this time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
We want to thank you for staying with us and we are pleased to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize that our beds were not what you expected and we hope that you understand that everybody has a preference for the firmness, or lack of, in their bedding. We hope that next time you're in Augusta you will choose to stay with us again.

Thank You.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Hotel very clean. stayed only for one night on our road trip, although I wish we stayed longer since the next hotel was much worst. Breakfast was great in the morning. Pool was good and the kids enjoyed it. Great value.

• Stayed July 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We are pleased that we were able to satisfy you during your recent stay at our hotel in Augusta, GA. We always aim to make sure that our loyal guests are happy and well taken care of.