“Stop looking, Stay here!”

Affordable Suites of America Augusta
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Stop looking, Stay here!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here 9/27-9/30/2013. My husband and I were in town for Ironman 70.3 and this was just the experience we needed to help settle my nerves!
Property was well maintained. Room was very clean and had all the amenities we needed. Bed was comfortable and room was spacious.
I would return to this hotel anytime I am in the Augusta area not only because of the great property, but also for the personal touch Debbie gives to each guest that checks in. She was so friendly and greeted us with our name and a smile every time we saw her. She is incredibly accommodating and friendly. This was definitely one of the best experiences I have ever had with management while checking in/out and staying at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I came for a visit back in June and got sick and ended in a hospital. My family stayed here and when I was released I stay here. I have went and looked at a few extended stay and I was just in awe when I saw this place! Great room, very clean, and Debbie does an awesome job to make sure we have what we need! I could go on and on about the nice things about these suites but bottom line is.. I will always use these suites when I come back to Augusta!!! Great job Affordable suites and thank you Debbie for your superb customer service!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank debbiehks
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you Debbie for your awesome comments. It has been such a pleasure to have you and Bob here and to see you getting better day after day is something to be thankful for. We want all of our guests to fell welcome, comfortable and safe. I hope that when you visit Augusta again that you will make Affordable Suites the place you stay. Thank you again:)

Debbie J. Rowe,
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been to Augusta several times and stayed in numerous hotels, usually two weeks each stay. For the price, this is the best hotel/suite in Augusta, GA. It's convenient location makes access to the highway a breeze and is close to many quality restaurants and stores. The maids do a spectacular job, and the grounds are always kept clean and trimmed. The full size refrigerator and four burner stove/oven combination are a great amenity for those who want to cook meals. Plus, the courtyard has three gas grills. There is no pool or

Room Tip: I don't believe there is an elevator, so for those with needs a first floor room is necessary.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This property was amazing. The manager treated us very fairly. I was in Augusta due to my wife being in the burn center. The folks @ Affordable Suites were compassionate and took excellent care of our family!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike S
It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for your kind remarks. When you are in the Augusta area again, you will always have a place to stay at the Affordable suites. I hope that your wife is doing well!

Debbie Rowe,
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just recently moved here in Augusta... We stayed here for 2-4 weeks, whilst looking for an apartment within the Urban area, the manager, Ms. Rowe is very accommodating, I like her attitude and it is the best in Augusta so far, the beds are very big and comfortable, and the room was being cleaned at the right time, and the cleaners here are very kind and honest, reminds me of my home in the Philippines, the location was very convenient... Overall, this is the best hotel I've ever stayed so far... Thank you very much to Affordable Suites of America, Augusta for giving us a very warm place :)

Room Tip: Always get your room cleaned :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I know this is not the manager's fault, but this place does not rate #1 in a city like Augusta. I arrived and it was raining cats and dogs but the main entrance has no awning so I go soaking wet. The room I was assigned was filthy, had not been cleaned at all and the fridge still had food from the previous guest. I had to go find the manager (the office closes at 7pm and it was late) and she had to give me a handicapped room to match what I had reserved. The kitchen is not nearly as fully equipped as it should be, there isn't even cheap coffee in the coffee maker. The wall around the bathtub was cracked. The bathroom door would not close, looks like the entire room was settling into some unknown direction. The window blinds are the cheapest that can be found and never really closed properly. The smoke detector is way too close to the kitchen and went off all the time until I figured out it had a reset button to make it shut up. The soda machine would not take dollars that were not made the day before. The TV's are nice 32 inch models, but the selection of channels is designed to please people with below-body-temperature IQ's. At least the Internet worked, thank goodness for Netflix. The manager did try to be nice, but she had a wisdom tooth pulled while I was there, and got testy with me for asking for replacement keys to the room. She completely forgot that I am a guest, that I don't care if she lives there, and that I am not going to tolerate being treated as if I were family or something like that. She did apologize later but that was not exactly the way I expected to be treated.

This place is a very inexpensive place for an extended stay, but beware that you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Juan J
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have no idea why FairwayPeacock would write a review from a stay at Affordable Suites ONE YEAR AGO, but he is referring to the previous manager who left in April 2013. She did indeed hang out with tenants and allow a nightly drinking/smoking party in the central courtyard, but that is ancient history.

The current manager, Debbie, is as nice as pie, certainly does not hang out drinking/smoking, and tries to control any loud noise after 10PM. The property is neat as can be and well-manicured. The rooms are in good condition and any flaws are repaired. I have stayed here (am still here) for 10 months and counting, so I know of which I speak.

Do not pay any attention to that review!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wearydoctortraveler
Thank you so much for letting everyone know that the incidents that happened previously do not happen anymore. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable and safe and after your awesome comments there will be no doubts. Thank you again and thanks for continuing to be part of our Affordable Suites family

Debbie Rowe,