“Look no further”

Affordable Suites of America Augusta
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Where to start! Sheryl the manager lives on site and she has her hand in not only dealing with sales but she gets involved with the upkeep and the guests. My family was leaving Augusta after 7 years and wanted a good, safe place to stay for 9 days while we wrapped up loose ends. The room for a family of four adults was a perfect size. Housekeeping was scheduled for day five of our stay, she made sure that we got fresh linens. Not on just a set day of the week but fixed it so midway through the stay you were taken care of. Yes you have to take out your own trash but since the place feels like home, you should pick up after yourself :).

There was just such a laid back feel. There are not a zillion rooms so there isn't a lot of people there, it gives off a friendly vibe and guests actually greet each other. If you are coming here for any length if time, this should be your first choice. It's close to shopping and dining which is great but what had me the most was how Sheryl treated every guest as if they were family.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank v_christy
sheryl k, Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for writing your positive review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We our glad you found our suite layout so accommodating, the living room and separate bedroom make it ideal and help our guests feel more at home than in a hotel room. We are also glad to hear that you found all of our guests and our overall property to friendly and inviting.
With the Augusta Exchange Shopping Plaza right around the corner from our property we are able to offer our guests conveniently located restaurants and shopping.
We wish you and your family all the best in the future and look forward to seeing you again in you return to Augusta.
Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently I stayed at this property for three days. There were some positives such as room cleanliness, quiet location, newer property and comfortable bed. However the negatives gave it a low rating. $25 fee if you lock yourself out of your room, a great deal of smoking in the interior courtyard (including employees), no elevator, no hairdryer, no coffee, etc. This is really an extended stay motel frequented by construction workers. This is NOT an exceptional property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank EJ P

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We take pride in the level of cleanliness of our newest property and all of our guests find our location very convenient, we are happy you were also pleased with these areas.
Since we are an extended stay hotel we have not provided hair dyers nor coffee in our suites on a regular basis but have both of these items available at the office.
Due to past reviews and suggestions from past guests, We have recently added irons and ironing boards to each suite and are in process of adding hair dryers.
We take every review and guest comment seriously and are always looking for ways to improve overall guest satisfaction. Thank you for pointing out the areas you did and we are looking into ways to correct them if we have not already.

Sincerely
Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay, especially if you are in town for an extended stay. It is quiet, comfortable and convenient. Most of the supplies you'll need for a working kitchen are already there. Sheryl is an excellent inn keeper. I would absolutely stay here again...no questions asked.

2  Thank DavidBolly
sheryl k, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.

We are pleased you liked our quiet hotel and the full kitchen with all essentials supplied to cook.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Augusta.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We found the suite itself was nice and clean. However, we had a few concerns: (1) The comforter on the bed was stained and Sheryl just tried to explain it was the cleaning company who could not get the stain out. Later, she brought another comforter up. (2) My main concern was that our credit card was billed before we arrived. Sheryl said she told us it would be; but she did not. In fact, our conversation became heated because she insisted that she was right. PLUS, standard hotel practice is to hold the reservation with the card and give the customer the option of paying with it or by some other means. (3) The building is enclosed and has two stories. Smokers use the enclosed patio area and the smoke rises. With trees all around, it causes the smoke to hover. There is no circulation and it really has a negative impact on those of us who do not smoke. (4) Customer service was lacking; we found Sheryl to be argumentative and combative particularly when we questioned why she charged our credit card before we even arrived. She later called and said she had spoken with her manager and he told her she could remove the charge and take cash if we still wanted to pay that way. We were very disappointed with Sheryl's attitude toward us. She acted as if we were wrong for questioning her. The last time I checked, the hospitality industry thrives on good customer service; unfortunately, Affordable Suites of Augusta missed the mark.

Room Tip: if you are not a smoker, ask for a room far away from smokers; which may not be possible since smoki...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jackie D
sheryl k, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta. We take all reviews seriously and are addressing all your concerns.

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with my customer service, I did not intend to be argumentative in anyway and am sincerely sorry I came across that way. I am committed to outstanding customer service with every guest and have taken all your points to heart.

We strive to exceed every guests expectations of cleanliness and guest service, your disappointment has not been taken lightly and has been addressed with all the staff.

Affordable Suites payment policies are different that traditional hotels, we charge for the stay on day of arrival. Since you were arriving after normal office hours there was not an opportunity to pay with cash. I am sorry if I was not clear on the policies when you made your reservation.

I offer my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Sincerely, Sheryl Kluge

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our oldest son was badly burned just before Christmas and was transported to the Still Burn Center in Augusta. My wife and I, my oldest son's fiance and my youngest son and his wife needed a place to stay and it was late at night. The Burn Center's Hospitality rooms were full. So I logged onto TripAdvisor and found a motel nearby that had unanimous excellent ratings. So I called and talked with Sheryl, the Property Manager. She opened up the office and not only checked us in but took us to our room and arranged for us some amenities that they don't normally provide. The price was right, the suite was clean, comfortable and quiet. I will definitely be looking for Affordable Suites of America when I travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mountaineer4ever

Thank yo for taking the time to write such a positive review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta. I am glad we were able to help you during your emergency. With our hotel located right next to the Burn Center we lodge many families and try to meet their needs during this difficult time. I am pleased to hear you found us to be accommodating.
I hope your son is doing well.

Again thank you for your positive remarks.
Sincerely, Sheryl Kluge

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We spent about two weeks in the Affordable Suites of America in Augusta in January of 2013 there; everything was clean, the suite was roomy and nicely equipped, the staff and guests very polite and helpful and we can just recommend this location to anyone.

2  Thank Julie_F999999

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on your stay with us here at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We are pleased you found our suites roomy, our spacious layout is a welcome difference to cramped hotel rooms.
We look forward to seeing you again and wish you luck in your relocation.
Sincerely ,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is by far the best manager (Sheryl Kluge) that I have ever delt with in my travels. She is always accomodating to my needs and happy is not the word to describe her overall personality. You can always count on Sheryl for anything. She is the BEST! I am so glad that I found the Affordable Suites for my travels to Augusta Georgia and would recommend this hotel to everyone that travels for any period of time and staying in Augusta.

Room Tip: Overall convienence to everything in Augusta
2  Thank David W
sheryl k, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for again taking the time to write such a positive review on Affordable Suites. We strive to exceed every guests expectations. We value your business and want to make sure you feel at home here.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Augusta

Sincerely