“nice and clean”

Quality Inn Fort Gordon
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was your basic run of the mill hotel. Room was clean, employees were friendly, breakfast was great! The fact that the room had a kitchenette was nice eventhough we didn't use it. This place is right next door to the Waffle house, very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I know your time is valuable. We appreciate our guest and use their remarks to improve our services.

I will share your remarks with our staff.

I hope that you will choose Quality Inn and Suites @ Fort Gordon on your next trip to Augusta Georgia.

Jane Girvan

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Fort Gordon

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Slept like a baby! Quiet room! Great bed and room had Kitchenette like area with larger refrig and cabinets and counters. No range but counter space for one or if you had your own large flat screen tv and just a great room overall not far from mall and right at I-20

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was given an excellent jacuzzi room when i was at home from the Middle East. The staff was very friendly and i was given excellent service by a staff worker named Phylis....she was very helpful , courteous and very professional. My room was clean, comfortable and smoke free... I think it was a great value and will be staying there on my next trip home.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank williampolk
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. I will pass along your review to Phyllis.

It is our policy to offer each of our guest feel at home and offer a remarkable value.

We understand that you time is valuable and appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room was reasonably priced although we stayed there on points. I was somewhat concerned because it was so near the base and I know many motels near a base are somewhat abused and not kept up properly. Not so with this Inn, we were very happy with our room. We were also probably lucky to get a room here since there is some type of major power line construction work going on in the area and the motel was FULL of workers and trucks.

There were no problems with our room and we didn't have any noise concerns, all in all it was an uneventful stay and was exactly what we needed. The room was clean and I didn't see any mold anywhere in the room or bath.

There is a Steak and Shake, Dairy Queen, Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, and a few other restaurants within walking distance. We walked down to the CB for dinner, then got our dessert at the DQ, before walking back to the room. Walk to any of the above mentioned places was in the 5-10 minute range, easier than getting the car out and driving it.

My only complaint is that the last several Quality Inns I have stayed in have gone to a short, fat, pillow. I don't like these at all, they are so fat they hold my head up to high and so short your head rolls off them! I do wish they had a different type pillow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate our guest and any suggestions they make. It is a policy to keep our hotel family friendly and welcome both our military and civilian guest.

I will pass on your concerns regarding the pillows to the housekeeping department. Unfortunately we are required by Choice Hotels to provide pillows that are compliant to hotel standards and approved by Choice Hotels.

Again thank you for your comments. I hope you will give us the oppertunity to serve your lodging need again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nothing worse then getting to your room with your family and walking into a stale warm smokers room, after I specifically requested non smoking, Of course they were full and were quick to blame Orbitz for not sending the proper information so we had to stay in it, A/C on full blast all night to keep fresh air coming in so we froze. With the thin walls and floors we didn't sleep much anyway. Many hotels have done away with smoking, its a huge liability to the hotel and guests not to mention just plain disgusting to have to sleep in. Even all of our clothes had to be rewashed after we got home do to smoke. Comfort Inn, I know you're in the Georgia backwoods but wake up and smell what your dishing out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I want to apologize that you were assigned a smoking room on your recent visit. Unfortunately your reservation was booked by a third party and we do not have the ability to know in advance if the reservation is correct until the guest arrives. Again I do apologize on behalf of our staff.

We offer a few select smoking rooms to our guests who smoke as well as a majority of non smoking rooms. As we were sold out the weekend of your visit we believe that by offering a combination of smoking and non smoking rooms that we are able to serve a larger portion of guest.

Thank you for taking the time to comment as we do take every response into consideration

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here the night before the big Augusta triathlon. It was only me and I was only there for about 10 hours so it was fine for what I needed, but certainly not perfect. The staff was friendly. The room was pretty clean, aside from a stain on the bedspread. The sink did leak but it wasn't a problem. And the fridge was a little rusty. The rooms face outside, not inside in a hallway.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Input from our guest is alway welcome and assist us in correcting any problems we might have. I will speak to the housekeeping and maintenance staff concerning the issues you mentioned and see that they are corrected immediately.

Although our rooms exit to the out doors we pride ourselves in offering our guest an enjoyable stay and clean room. Unfortunately there are times that the small details are overlooked and we are working on making sure that this does not happen again.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you our effort to offer a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

After seeing the reviews on here I decided I would stay here. Big disappointment. Cigarette burns on the comforter and chairs. A pube on the sink. Stains on the chairs, mystery stain on the TV. BTW this is a non smoking room. Live and learn...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

I would like to apologize for the condition you found your room. We do not tolerate such conditions and I have directed your complaints to our housekeeping staff. The issues you mentioned will be corrected immediately,

If given the oppertunity to correct the issues at the time of your stay I believe that you would have seen that your room was the exception and not the rule. I am deeply concerned that the room condition you described existed and be assured it is being addressed.

If you would like to contact me directly I will welcome your input.