“Only okay. I wouldn't stay here again”

Quality Inn Fort Gordon
Ranked #39 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed October 10, 2011

First off, this isn't really a hotel, more of a motor inn or motel. All the doors face the outside of the property. I will say that the front desk personnel were friendly at check in and check out. There isn't anything really special here, and I didn't think I got good value for my money. The room was about $80 a night.
The only issue I had was with the cleaning staff. They tried to barge into my room close to check out time. I basically told them to just wait until checkout time, which wasn't too far off, to get the reply "checkout is at 11am". I know, it isn't checkout time yet. After a little huffiness, the cleaning person said she'd come back later. Great, I don't really care when you come back once I'm checked out!
I wouldn't stay here again. There are better choices in Augusta for the money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night and the room was great! wasn't expecting the fridge in the room (studio size fridge) nor was i expecting the kitchenette area. was extremly pleased with the kitchenette. the room was clean and tidy. pleanty of towels & pillows. comfy bed & room temp. flat screen tv with cable a huge plus as i was traveling with a teen. lol Wi-fi was also great. son loved it. got there a few hours before check in but was given a room although I told the front desk clerk that I didn't have a problem waiting, which I didn't. Jane Girvan, the front desk clerk was very accomodating and pleasant with us. so pleased with my stay. If I return to that area, will stay again. Only complaint was the AC unit was a little noisy but not enough to disturb sleep. When you're tired, nothing can wake you. :)

Room Tip: Request any special needs while making reservation and try to arrive on time to get the room you res...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel, it was clean, quiet and breakfast was just right too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Owners were very nice. It is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to everyone. If you wanting a great place to stay while in Augusta, GA. Then this is the place. A quick note to all the pet owners who travel with pets as I do. Please learn to pick up after them! Baggies cost less than 2$. This way it will ensure there will be hotels that will continue to allow pets.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2010

When we checked in this hotel, I had my parents show up as well for a Birthday party. The front desk clerk, Jane, told them I wasnt at the hotel when infact I was. I had to come down to lobby to stop them from leaving.

After her not wanting to match out rate, which was only 3 dollars difference, they went ahead and paid more in order to stay at same hotel.
Several times they knocked oand came in our rooms while we were gone or had our DND sign on.
Then there is NO UPGRADE for DiAMOND status with choice. NO complimentary anything, we needed a razor for my husband, we were told to go pay 1.50 out of the snack machine. We had the smallest room, they woulnt even upgrade to a double for us!

No Late check out, the owner gave us 12 to check out at 11:40am. So after a 5 day stay there they ran us off with no appreciation. IF you are with Choice, I would not stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank suzannej25
Reviewed June 16, 2010

There is nothing fancy about this hotel – but it met all of our needs; clean & quiet rooms, a pool (however small) and friendly staff. We stayed here as a “bed to sleep in” place on our way to Atlanta, but were pleasantly surprised. Especially the complimentary breakfast is very recommendable. So if you need an affordable place to stay while being in Augusta, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 27, 2010

On my recent trip to Augusta I chose to stay closer to Fort Gordon,and I picked this hotel mainly because of the lower cost. It was older and relatively clean but I would not stay here again. I have been to much nicer places in Augusta for the same or better prices. . The front desk was friendly and helpful but the maids seemed like they would rather be anywhere else in the world then cleaning my room. Breakfast was what you would expect and I was just happy to have some hot coffee. Probably the worst thing about this hotel was that you enter from the outside into the rooms. It seemed like soldier party place when the weekend rolled around.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank skyesurfer
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed here at the beginning of May and it was one of the best experiences that i have had at a hotel. They had great customer service. The rooms were very well taken care of and very clean. I was able to sleep very well that night. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple