“Owner Needs To Invest in the Property”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn Augusta

Sleep Inn Augusta
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Greenville, SC
“Owner Needs To Invest in the Property”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I used to frequently stay at this hotel when I visited the area on business. I have not stayed there the last couple years as the property has gone down hill, but needed a room for a last minute trip in July 2011 and decided to give it another try as many other places were full or beyond my budget. Let's just say, I should have spent more money for another hotel! The room I stayed in had an old damp smell to them. It was so bad that it seeped into the clothes that I took into my room and smelled up my car the following day. It was miserable. Used to be a pretty clean property at an affordable rate and appears to have a pretty good number of customers, but the property has gone downhill, and has certainly lost me as a customer. Stay away until they fully update this property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was very nervous staying here due to the bad reviews here, but I was in town for a wedding and this was the hotel with blocked rooms for guests. We ended up here because the other hotel (which I will not name) was unable to handle the fact that we were arriving a day before the wedding-block officially started. Sleep Inn had no problem with us showing up a day before the other wedding guests. We had no problems at all.
It's nothing fancy, but if you are wanting fancy, you don't stay at the Sleep Inn, right? The staff was very friendly (one kind lady even braided my daughter's hair for the wedding since my husband had to get the kids ready and was at a loss on what to do with her hair). We really enjoyed the make-your-own waffles the first 2 days and after we were tired of those we had oatmeal. If you stay too long you might run out of variety, but fine for a few days.
Beds were very comfortable and we had a good sleep. Personally I prefer the sink to be inside the bathroom, but not a deal-breaker for me. Hotel seemed clean enough that I wasn't nervous about my small kids picking up something gross.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

breakfest is terrible! i've only seen the first floor but the carpet could use replacing. The biggest problem that i have had is that when you pay with your debt card the hold 2x the amount of the room. thats just plain crazy. I don't care what there reason is its just nuts

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shanewaldrop
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was in Augusta GA for a Basketball Tournament, so we rented a room from Sleep Inn on Claussen Rd with a visa credit card. I have no complaints about the condition of the room. However, when I checked out at 10:30 a.m., my receipt only reflected the correct amount of service which was $73.00.

Later that night I checked my online banking statement, which revealed 3 additional charges pending from Sleep Inn without prior authorization. I contacted Management and they avoided my phone calls, did not give any explanations, told me they were working on it and to call back in a week, and even received rude conversation from the desk clerks. Management is very unprofessional in my opinion.

The stay was nice but again; don’t use your credit card!!!!!

It took my bank to over turn the extra charges

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Oldfashionedlady
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Called and reserved a block of 4 rooms for a pleasure trip of friends. Guaranteed with c/c and was given a conf. # ----4 kings two nights. I was unable to go on trip but kept the block for remaining travelers. Upon their arrival they were told reservation was for only 1 night and that they would have to vacate on next day. Trying to trouble shoot on phone I was told I'm sorry you were given a guaranteed reservation for two nights ...that's not our problem if our staff messes up...WOW. Spoke to Manager (also part owner) on Monday and was told I don't care that you had the problem and if you're looking for some sort of satisfaction from us in the way of a comp night or refund.... "you won't get it. I'm not responsible for our staff making a mistake !!!" Double WOW. Way to go Sleep Inn Corporate. Great choice in a franchise owner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lgrayboatman
lcg61, General Manager at Sleep Inn Augusta, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
This reservation was for 1 night. We were completely booked for the next night. Guest was very unpleasant on the phone . We were already booked for the second night when he made his reservation.I never turn business away and would have loved to accomodate him if I had been able to.
Burlington, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

New Years Eve and we had a room next to a very noisy couple. Complained at 2:00 a.m. Nothing happened. No sleep. Tried to sleep late next morning. Had to call at 6:00 a,.m. about these horrible neighbors yelling at each other. Staff called room but would not send anyone down there. Staff member just asked us when we planned to leave. Room was outdaed and musty.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Grannani
Bay City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

Very comfortable stay. The bed was more comfortable than my own at home. Customer service was great.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business