“You get what you pay for !”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel had a good rate--$79 for a Suite. Good size but the property is in bad shape and needs a lot of money and work. Example, the bath room floor had cracked and broken tile. Dangerous so I spread out towels to protect our feet. Towel rack was broken and hanging. The room was clean except for the carpet which was in desperate need of cleaning. Halls and elevator are atrocious. Does not present a good impression. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Norman S
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was by far one of the worst hotels ever....We found dark hair in the bed and on the pillows. I requested clean bedding. I found filth all in the shower and bathroom. I had to change the sheets myself. We weren't brought clean blanket or cover. We even took pictures of everything.. management didn't seem at all concerned. It was horrible.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MamaBear3024
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Average rooms, but we appreciated the kitchen and made dinner two nights. The pool was clean, shared with Sleep Inn next door. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Location is convenient, though you (should) not walk to nearby restaurants since it is not right on the main road.

It looks a little run down on the walkwaus and stairs, but this did not affect comfort.

Two free newspapers including WS Journal.

Breakfast included cook it yourself waffles, cereals, eggs, grits, oatmeal, biscuits, gravy, toast, pastries, yogurt, juice, milk, tea, and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This place is not your average Quality Inn... I travel a good bit and stay at many hotels and motels all over the US and I rarely take the time to write a review.. That being said, The level of customer service at this particular Quality Inn is Sub-Standard.. The Lady at the front desk "Marian" was the worst hotel clerk I have come across in recent memory and I say that after spending the last 5 months on the road traveling... That being said, I will also say the room had a king sized bed in it but it barely fit, should of had a Queen at most. The Bedspread had a huge cigarette burn right in the middle of it and after further inspection, I noticed that the bed was poorly made from the previous occupants. Then to top it all off, the web site brags about the fresh cookies they keep in the Lobby for their quests but no one at the hotel including the manager knew anything about them.. Apparently, some else writes their web content for them.. I will never stay here again and I suggest you stay elsewhere as well..

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lugoffbob
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I've had my share of indecent hotels/motels that I've stayed in before, but low and behold I don't recall anyone of them being as bad as this place. It had an awful smell upon entering the room, the beds had dirty linen on them and the toilet seat had stains as well. DO NOT STAY at this quality inn because you will more than likely leave with a rash or something that you did not have before staying here. I would not recommend a dead body to stay there. We wanted to change rooms but for fear of it being the same way we just threw the linen in a chair and sleep very uncomfortably. There were guy drinking and hanging around the room outside and one of them kept inviting my spouse out to do the same. They moved from the end of the building to all the way over to my room door outside in front of it and it was a men's beer guzzling party after that. I repeat, DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank keepinitreal57
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Used this hotel for a stay while having medical appointments at the VA Hospital. This is the hotel that the VA offers to it's veterans to stay at no cost to them, due to a contract with choice hotels, and I am appalled. I appreciate the fact that they will even do this, but our vets deserve MUCH better. This room was tiny, furnishings were VERY outdated and dirty looking, bed was broken, and carpet looked terrible. There were groups of people hanging around outside drinking and being loud. There must be a bar beside the hotel as I could hear loud music. All around, this is not an ideal place to stay, even if it is free. Will never visit this location again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank GatorfansinGA
Reviewed March 22, 2010

OK, I've stayed here three different times now in the month of March. These were business-reserved rooms so I had no choice in hotels. I read the reviews prior to my first night and was pretty worried about what I might find upon arrival. After checking in and getting in my room, I did a pretty thorough investigation for dirt/grime/bugs/etc. I did not find any bugs, nor any trace of their existence. I also think the room was at least as clean as it could get based on the apparent age of the building. Yes, the plaster was a bit messed up in places, and the little stovetop was a bit dirty (as in corroded), but it wasn't a huge pile of mess like some reviewers alluded to in their statements. (Yes, the carpet could be cleaner; bring slippers)

I will now say that after management's reply to the review from February, they must have made some changes. One time I was there, they were painting about everything that didn't move and cleaning up around the entire property. Also, the front desk staff has been exceedingly friendly and helpful during my stays. The breakfast that is available every morning is also quite sufficient. There is a waffle bar, eggs, grits, biscuits/gravy, coffee, juices, danish, toast, yogurts, fruit, cereal, and probably a couple things I've forgotten. It satisfied my breakfast hunger each time I was there. You also get a free paper and a decent little dining room to eat in while you watch the news on T.V. or surf the free internet on their business computer.

If you want to, you can stay at the Hilton right down the street, but it'll cost at least twice as much. If you just need somewhere to park it for a night or two, I found this hotel to be at least 'acceptable' in terms of price and location. If I were on a budget, and had to come through town for a night or two with my family, I would do so.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business