“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Millen, Georgia
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I try to stay at Holiday Inn because of the nice rooms and cleanliness. I was not disappointed here. The room was very clean and the staff was extrememly helpful. I have trouble walking and have to use a cane to ensure my safety and they saw to it that I had a downstaris room. They even went as far as getting ice for me. The courteous staff made this stay very enjoyable. They called after I has sufficent time to get settled int he room to make sure everything was to my liking. The inside pool is an added plus.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

You get what you pay for...clean, good quality, safe, but bare essentials. StayBridge is up the road a bit and will try that on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Andrew W,

Thank you for your comments, and recent stay. We appreciate all feedback we receive, and are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

In writing this review I am comparing this hotel to others at its price point-not all hotels in general. This hotel is very new and has very boutique like and modern touches. The rooms are huge as are the bathrooms. The showers are very large and nice. The breakfast which is includes is also very good and had a wide variety of items like pancakes, bacon, eggs, bagels, yogurt and a lot more.

My only complaint about this hotel is that it can be noisy. We stayed for two nights and on the first night a group of high schoolers was on our floor. We could hear their conversations, door slamming and so forth. The second night we had someone in the room next to us and we could hear every word on their television and it did not appear to be set that loud.

Otherwise it is a great facility and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pinkladibug1
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I traveled to Augusta for business and chose to stay at this Holiday Inn Express because they offered my government rate. My two day visit was very pleasant. I am one of those who previously considered Holiday Inn as a "cheap" hotel. I was greeted as I entered the door and checked in very quickly. I was offered the Priority Club membership and was treated to some snacks. The room was very clean and well prepared. The pool and hot tub were great. Free breakfast and wifi are included with the room. Overall great experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Recently, late Feburary of 2012, we made our third stop at this Holiday Inn Express. Our first stay was just after the opening. I must say that the hotel was as clean and the staff as efficient on this stay as the first. The reviewer that said the room couldn't be darkened would find a difference now as we had no trouble closing the curtains and having a dark and deep sleep in the comfortable beds.

The pool area and hot tub looked inviting and well-kept. My daughter used the exercise room and found it sufficient -- she is an exercise enthusiast.
We have stayed at many places that offer the free breakfast buffet. However, this hotel beat them all.
The bacon and hot pancakes hit the spot as did the other generous selections.

Augusta is a stop for us several times a year. This will be our stop for a clean and restful respite!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 12345gran
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel twice. It is amazingly quiet and seems to cater mostly to business travel. The only downside is that the curtains can't be closed. the shears let in a lot of light during the night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a brand new property with the temporary banner out front still attached to the entrance wall. We had a beautiful, spacious room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast room had a fireplace going and the scrambled eggs were delicious (not the bland ones so often encountered in hotels).There is very easing access on and off I-20. Beds were extremely comfortable. The television had a great picture. The only "hitch" in our all-too-brief stay was that the remote for our TV did not work. However, the TV had manual controls at the side which enabled us to change channels and adjust the volume, so we were fine. (When we told the staff member at the desk about the problem, he was very eager to fix it.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple