“Very pleasant stay!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Augusta North
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I traveled to Augusta for business and chose to stay at this Holiday Inn Express because they offered my government rate. My two day visit was very pleasant. I am one of those who previously considered Holiday Inn as a "cheap" hotel. I was greeted as I entered the door and checked in very quickly. I was offered the Priority Club membership and was treated to some snacks. The room was very clean and well prepared. The pool and hot tub were great. Free breakfast and wifi are included with the room. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Augusta North

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Recently, late Feburary of 2012, we made our third stop at this Holiday Inn Express. Our first stay was just after the opening. I must say that the hotel was as clean and the staff as efficient on this stay as the first. The reviewer that said the room couldn't be darkened would find a difference now as we had no trouble closing the curtains and having a dark and deep sleep in the comfortable beds.

The pool area and hot tub looked inviting and well-kept. My daughter used the exercise room and found it sufficient -- she is an exercise enthusiast.
We have stayed at many places that offer the free breakfast buffet. However, this hotel beat them all.
The bacon and hot pancakes hit the spot as did the other generous selections.

Augusta is a stop for us several times a year. This will be our stop for a clean and restful respite!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 12345gran
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel twice. It is amazingly quiet and seems to cater mostly to business travel. The only downside is that the curtains can't be closed. the shears let in a lot of light during the night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a brand new property with the temporary banner out front still attached to the entrance wall. We had a beautiful, spacious room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast room had a fireplace going and the scrambled eggs were delicious (not the bland ones so often encountered in hotels).There is very easing access on and off I-20. Beds were extremely comfortable. The television had a great picture. The only "hitch" in our all-too-brief stay was that the remote for our TV did not work. However, the TV had manual controls at the side which enabled us to change channels and adjust the volume, so we were fine. (When we told the staff member at the desk about the problem, he was very eager to fix it.)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Beautiful, new hotel. I travel often and on a budget, so I have learned bring snacks, leftovers, drinks, and water with me for convenience. With the usual items in tow, I went to my room to find that no refrigerator nor microwave was in the room. Mind you, this is an express, no restauraunt. I asked the front desk employee where the fridge and microwave was. I was told that only the suites have them (much more costly room). Well, needless to say, I will not stay here again. Seems they could have used some of that "new" money to continue satisfying loyal customers. Also, I am a platinum customer. No offer of an upgrade

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed at this holiday inn on our way back from a South Carolina football game. Very convenient stop after the game and extremely clean hotel. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

First Class hotel with easy access to everything Augusta has to offer. There are some cheaper offerings in the area, but remember "you get what you pay for." Good breakfast offering and free local and USA Today paper, small but adequate business center.

Room Tip: Stear clear of room near elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family