“Good stay”

Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Mt. Juliet
“Good stay”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I moved here after the Holiday Inn across the street was just not up to par. I prefer Marriott properties anyways. Brittany at the front desk is awesome always friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good a little cramped in the food area. The shuttle which services the Holiday Inn and the Fairfield was great, they even came and picked us up at 1am. I did notice when Brittany wasn't working that the front desk staff was scarce, maybe in the back. They were all friendly though.
My only complaint was that the indoor pool AND the outdoor jacuzzi were both out of service for "yearly maintenance". I was told that the replacement heater for the pool was on back order. I find this very suspect. I would give the hotel excellent rating if the pool and jacuzzi were in operation. Also although I would never stay at the Holiday Inn across the street again their restaurant and bar is really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback and rating of our hotel. I hope that when you come back to visit Augusta that you will choose to stay with us again. We love our Marriott loyal customers!!

Mia Sellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel and loved it. I was dropping my husband off at Fort Gordon and stayed here. It's about 10 minutes from Fort Gordon, so that's convenient. It seems to be about 10-15 minutes from anywhere. If you have to cab it, it can get pricey. However, they do offer a free shuttle from the hotel within 5 miles. The rooms are nice and modern looking and very comfortable. The ceilings are high and it gives the illusion of a bigger space. The only think I didn't like was that there wasn't a fridge, so we used the ice bucket to make our drinks cold. The hot tub is right outside the pool and its very quick and convient to get to. If you're looking for a hotel that is safe and a good value for your money, this is the one in Augusta.

• Stayed January 2013
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ms. Ashley;

Thank you so much for your positive words about your recent stay here at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites in Augusta, GA. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope that you will continue to visit with us on your return visits to Augusta. We strive to make every customer feel at home while staying here and hopefully next time we can get you into one of our rooms with a fridge and microwave.

Thanks again for your kind words and hope to see you soon on your return visit to beautiful Augusta, GA.

Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were on our way to Atlanta and decided to take a day trip to Augusta. We wanted a hotel just outside the city but close to the highway, so we could be back on our way quickly the next morning. The location worked well for us and we had read reviews that mentioned there wasn't a lot around, so we had dinner in town before heading to the hotel. Except for a few loud trucks coming off the highway, the room was very quiet. The hotel was just what we were looking for. The staff was pleasant and helpful. It's a newer hotel so we expected the room to be in good condition and it was. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large, which is nice when you have four people trying to get ready at the same time. The breakfast was decent, the usual fruit,waffles, cereal, etc. Don't know if I will ever be be back in Augusta but I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a response about your stay with us. I am glad we were able to meet your needs. Thank you for the positive words and praise about the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff. Hope you can return to Augusta, and again will choose to stay with us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had to travel to Fort Gordon for a conference. I found the hotel by check properties that had a military rate; they had one, I book the room. Boy did I luck out. Not only was the hotel clean, with a very helpfull staff, great breakfast, and quite rooms, but it's right down the street from the Main Gate of Fort Gordon. If I return to the area, I'll be staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am so glad we were accomodating to your needs. Looking forward to having you stay with us again next time you are back in Augusta.

Chicago
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Augusta during mid-August, 2012. The hotel was right off the expressway and pretty new. It was comfortable and cozy, and the AC worked very well (an important amenity for summer in the South). It takes about a full twenty minutes to drive from the hotel into downtown Augusta, but unless you're planning on hitting the clubs around Broad Street into the wee hours (like we did) the distance doesn't matter much.

The hotel staff was nice and helpful, and they had a pretty good looking breakfast nook in the lobby. Parking was free, and the hotel was only a few stops down the road from a big mall with plenty of food options (McDonald's, Starbucks, etc). I'm taking off a point because the prices were a little bit higher than they should have been for a dead August weekend in Augusta. And also because the room smelled a little bit like mold.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your stay with us. I am very glad that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your time staying with us while you were in Augusta. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was nice and clean, I LOVED the smell in the lobby ( I meant to ask what it was). The hallways were quiet, and going into the room, it was nice, comfortable, and CLEAN! Internet accessibility was quick so I could check my mail and other things that were needed. Breakfast each morning was actually good! They have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fruit, cereal, waffles (you make), yogurt, coffee/tea/juices (Apple/orange), toast, bagels, etc. The hotel is not too far from the airport, Augusta Mall, or Washington Street (places to get just about anything to eat, grocery stores). The gas station is across the street for those that have a rental car and need to return it back to the airport. Ft Gordon is only about 3 miles away for those visiting military personnel or need to utilize the bases facilities.

I did have two issues:

1. When booking, I requested an early check in. My flight was delayed, and I would have gotten there earlier than I did (about noon). When I tried, to check in, they had no room I requested (double beds) available. I was not too bummed because I decided to go to a family members house, however, if I was banking on the early check in, I would have been very disappointed. It's a lot easier to just say NO EARLY CHECK on the website, and that would alleviate futher issues.

2.. The housekeeper forgot towels :0(....that was minor though. I went downstairs, and they were happy to supply the forgotten towels with a smile and quickness!

Overall, I would return to this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that most of your visit was to your expectations. I want to apologize for the fact we could not get you an early check in. We try our best to accommodate those on a case by case basis, but sometimes we cannot. I have also shared your comments with our housekeeping staff about the lack of replacement towels. I assure you this is an “exception to the rule”, and not a normal occurrence here and we hope then next time you are in town you will choose us as your preferred hotel again.
Wake Forest
Reviewed July 6, 2012

What you'd expect in a Fairfield Inn. It did not disappoint. Very clean, friendly staff, good beds, and flat screen television. The breakfast bar seemed to have more breakfast items than the usual Fairfield Inn. No bacon and eggs but lots to chose from. The breakfast area was not very large and that caused a "traffic" problem. Our room was very quiet. We didn't use their internet connection so we can't comment on that. The Fairfield Inn has seemed to downgrade their towels. They aren't as fluffy or thick as some other hotel chains. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize that you felt that our towels were a downgraded product. We actually just ordered a brand new batch of towels recently. I will make sure I follow up our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that these towels are going into our rooms. We hope the next time you are in Augusta you come back and see us!