“Exceeded expectations”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is one of the nicest Fairfield Inns that I have stayed in - definitely exceeded my expectations. Fairfield Inn is a solid brand and I have always had good luck with them - not a lot of frills, but consistently good across the board. This hotel was a cut above. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, my room was great, and breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and I will make sure I share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Augusta!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great hotel for the money; the hotel design and room layout are that of the high end Marriott properties just with slightly down graded furniture. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The only down side to hotel is the location. While convenient to the nearby military base the choices of restaurants that do not require driving up or down to the next exit are non-existent. Still the drive to food was not horrible and the staff more than made up for it. Would I stay there again? Yes, I will.

Room Tip: The hotel sits in a good location so no matter what room you get there is no noise from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you back next time you are in Augusta!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed here for two nights while visiting family, its a newer place and the rooms are decent size and clean.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chrishA9591KC
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time you are in Augusta.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a couple of nights with my folks in another room nearby.
The check in experience was great. Front desk folks were really friendly. The lobby looks bright, open, and new. Nice business center and breakfast area. Good feel to the place.
The indoor pool is a nice touch in the hotel. We enjoyed that.
The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. A large variety of breakfast sandwiches and juices, etc, available.
The minor complaints I have is that I really wish the rooms in this hotel, for the type of hotel it is, had a microfridge. That is what I've come to expect at this hotel class, type, and price point. Not having a mircofridge is a little odd. We could have used it.
One of the breakfast staff gave my father (he's 80) a hard time when he arrived for breakfast early. You have to understand that my dad isn't the confrontational type. He's very reasonable but if he feels he's being talked down to in any way, that will make him a little hot. Come on guys, respect your elders if they ask you about something. His mood improved later, however, as he had a great breakfast in the lobby.
I would consider staying here again. I like the feel of the hotel and the amenitites. Just add the microfridge to the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank valor155
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are actively working on getting Microwaves and Refrigerators in every room as this is a highly requested item, and we know it is important to have for our guests. We hope to have them in all of our rooms as soon as possible. I'm sorry that your Father had a hard time getting breakfast early. I will discuss this with our Breakfast Ambassadors and make sure we are as accommodating as possible to our guests when they come down a bit early. We hope to see you again when you are in Augusta.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The only good thing about my stay was the gym. The room is very small, the bed is not a king. The bed is so soft that you sink in the midfle, WORST of all the room smelled like old mold. I couldnt spray enough airfreshner.
I asked for more pillows and I was given an old stinky pillow. Worst place I ever stayed, the fairfield inn is more like days inn.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank poohg
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

I want to start by apologizing that your level of service was less than what you expected. We always do whatever it takes to make sure each guest enjoys their time staying with us. The issues that you addressed concern me as we have never had a problem reported before of this occurring. I would like to speak with you directly so I can research what happened. I will be able to investigate the matter in more detail, and will correct the issues immediately so this never happens again.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I've had a few bad experiences with Fairfield Inns, and since this one was less expensive than most and not located in the best part of Augusta, I was reluctant to try again. I'm glad I did! The hotel was modest, the room small (as with most Fairfield Inns), and finding the place was difficult since it had no sign visable from the highway. But the place was squeeky clean, everything was fresh, the staff was extremely helpful and gracious, the breakfast bar was one of the best I've encountered, and overall our stay here was excellent. I even asked upon leaving if the hotel had just been built. Surprize; it was several years old! Parking is only on one end of the building. Our room overlooked a 4-lane road though it carried little traffic and was quiet at night. Something else about the breakfast bar: the variety was great, and it was GOOD FOOD! Can't say that about most. If we are by here again and want a clean good nights rest, we'll stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PGinNC
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm sorry that you had difficulty finding the hotel, but we are glad you found us and that we were able to provide you with a great stay and great service! We hope that next time you are in Augusta you come back to see us.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here for a week while on business at Fort Gordon. Location wise, it's conveniently just down the road from Fort Gordon but there's not much around besides the gas station next door. It seems like the hotel is new or newly renovated compared to most other Fairfield Inns that I've stayed in. The rooms and bathrooms are decent sized with flatscreen TVs. My only complaint was that my room's carpeting and linens felt a bit moist/damp. I think it might have had something to do with me being in an end room and the summer heat mixing with the air conditioning. There was free popcorn each evening which I prefer to the free cookies that a lot of hotels do. The continental breakfast is also the best that I've ever seen in a Marriott property. The selection and spread was huge, including hot items. If I were visiting Augusta, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tranman387
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay for the week you were here. I did see you report that you noticed dampness in the carpet, and I will work with my maintenance team to investigate this and see what may be causing it and correct it for future guests. We hope to see you again next time you are in Augusta!